View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines tryptamine/phenethylamine combos

metasyn

Bluelighter
Last week I insufflated 25mg DPT on the tail end of a 14mg 2C-E trip and was blown away. This was my first time combining these two classes of psychedelics, and I was amazed at how well they synergized. The tryptamine provided the "power" .. the raw fucked-up-edness, while the phenethylamine provided a lucidity, euphoria, and the strength to push deeper.

What other tryptamine/phenethylamine combos has anybody has good experiences with? How do you like to do them? (one before the other, overlapping, one more dominant, etc)

This is a very interesting topic. MDMA+mushrooms is a wonderful blissful experience. 2C-B+mushrooms also synergizes nicely. It kind of takes the edge off both drugs... It's very worth-while.

Mushrooms + Meth, pretty good suprisingly. It helps focus and organize all your crazy thoughts.

^ I've had a similar effect combining DPT and amphetamine. The amphetamine gave me the ability to "direct" the trip and it was much more focused, rather than the usual hectic shattering of reality that DPT normally brings. Everyone around here thought I was nuts for mixing the two. I could definitely see the combo going wrong though, it has the potential to cause one hell of an anxiety/panic episode.

Aside from that, phen/trypt combos I've tried:

methylone/4-ho-det: nothing to write home about, would rather have either on it's own.

2C-I/DPT: DPT was taken toward the end of the 2C-I trip. Very good effect. Thoughts were more organized and body buzz was great.

MDMA/LSD (OK not really a tryptamine technically, but....): Amazing. Simple as that.

I think this type of thread has been done before, try a search.

Last edited:
4-aco-MiPT (20mg, more or less) + 2C-C (45mg, more or less)

Resulted in a very visual and euphoric peak, which lasted a couple hours until it settled down a bit.

I was convinced the entire universe was having a big laugh, and, as part of the universe, I couldn't help but laugh along :D

5MeO-AMT and 2C-I synergize real well. 2C-I crosses out almost all of the negative side effects of the 5MeO-AMT and adds more color and visualization to the experience. I recommend taking the 2C-I at about the 4 hour mark after taking the 5MeO-AMT (I have a trip report of this up on erowid under the name KaneZen)

I rarely ever have any visuals on any psychedelics at any dose, but combinging any phenethylamine with any tryptamine seems to do the trick... not that I care much for them.

^^^ I agree. Rarely do I get visuals at all (only occasionally on mushrooms) .. but 2C-E + DPT were very visual

2C-B-FLY and DMT
2C-T-FM and DPT

...i have become a giant ear and the many eyes of the sentient cloud-skyscraper-city pyramid transdimentional craft to the sound of outdoor Shpongle with calleidoscope stars and the glyph of the radiant sun...

I did doc+2c-c+mushrooms not long ago. When the mushrooms kicked in it felt similar to some of my salvia experiences, only much more euphoric and more visual.

I wrote a trip report and I will post it soon. Just have to make some changes(make it shorter, check for mistakes, and make paragraphs)

I also mixed 2c-e with 4-ho-mipt and 4-ho-dipt(I think). I don't remember what trips it was though. I know it was good.

2c-e plus shrooms
2c-e plus 4-aco-mipt

In both cases I dosed simultaneously, so that the tryptamine would hit first, and then as the tryptamine started waning the 2c-e would kick in and extend the trip, hopefully not introducing too much of its own flavor. It worked that way to some extent, but by the end of the trip it had a distinct 2c-e flavor. Still, it was worth it. Might try the same approach to extend other shorter lasting tryptamines with other long lasting phens.

I combined MDMA and 2C-I a few months ago and it gave me the most irrational trip I've had to date. Granted, the 2C-I wasn't taken until the end of a 3-day MDMA stint with no sleep, but it produced the most surreal experience of my life. It was the first(and only) time I believed the hallucinations a substance were giving me were real.

I found a small bit of DPT during the comedown of 2C-T-7 to be very nice. And of course, the best combo of all is LSD/MDMA. On the other hand, LSD and 2C-T-7 was terrible. In general, the desire to mix phenethylamines with indole/tryptamines is not there for me. I guess LSD/MDMA does it all for me. I guess I am not into combos in general.

2ce and DPT do indeed have an amazing synergy, particularly at the higher doses.

LSD and DPT go well together too, but not like with 2ce. 4ho-dipt, at high doses, goes well with LSD as well.

2cc and 4aco-dipt (35 and 45) produced a remarkable trip with full 3-d visuals. 4aco-dipt also goes well with some good ole' mushrooms.

My body doesn't care a whole lot for phens so I haven't done a lot of them, but as far as tryptamine and tryptamine combos -
4ho-dipt + DPT
5meo-dipt + DPT
5meo-dipt + 4ho-dipt
5meo-mipt + DPT (a favorite)
5meo-mipt + 4ho-dipt
5meo-mipt + 4ho-dipt + DPT

5-MeO-AMT (unconfirmed blotter) + MDMA. Crazy but incredibly insightful and accepting it all.

^and incredibly dangerous if it was 5-MEO due to its fx on MAO in combo w/MDMA.

Mushrooms+MDMA : dissapointment. The visuals, body buzz, euphoria, were all great and better than either alone.
I didn't get any insights the mushrooms normally give though, and I couldn't do much with the empathy of the MDMA as I felt too much out of it. Also made the mushroom plateau end much faster, and the remaining introspective MDMA high was good but kinda ruined by the stomach cramps. There was a long trippy tail end after the mushrooms were mainly over were I still saw alot of things but I didn't really enjoy it. Day after I felt more out of it than mushrooms or MDMA apart times hundred.
More of a party combo than a trip combo I guess.

nanobrain said:
^and incredibly dangerous if it was 5-MEO due to its fx on MAO in combo w/MDMA.

If it's anything like AMT's MAOI capacity, it's nothing to worry about (competetive inhibition 1000 x less potent than harmaline)