• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Trying to go clean

Ugh! I’m sorry that’s the worst feeling! I’ve had that the past couple days now and it’s been driving me crazy! How long have you been going through this?
My last dose was 6 am Sunday morning, my body just hurts and I can't sleep now so I think I'm past the sick part of I could just get some sleep lol

I have no clue about Oxy. Can anyone give me a rough comparison as to how much methadone a 10mg oxy would equate to?

10mg of oxy is 2x strength of morphine where as methadone is 1.5 to 3x morphine IIRC but the half life difference is immense so it really depends how often and which one

My last dose was 6 am Sunday morning, my body just hurts and I can't sleep now so I think I'm past the sick part of I could just get some sleep lol
I feel your pain, I'm also past the worst of it, but sleep eludes me and I get fed up after a few nights and start the circle againn. Sleep and lack of motivation it's almost harder than feeling like dog shit. My mood is tons better which is why I'm on here.

I feel your pain, I'm also past the worst of it, but sleep eludes me and I get fed up after a few nights and start the circle againn. Sleep and lack of motivation it's almost harder than feeling like dog shit. My mood is tons better which is why I'm on here.

Yes the depression is what messed me up last week when I tried quitting, how everything is and my life's kinds messed up right now I was at the point of crying lol

I'm at 36 hours now from like a 3 week fent Bing after being clean for like ten years I got a post up if u wanna read it

But yea the no sleep is killing me my buddy acctully has some h and it's so tempting just to get my legs to stop feeling crazy and to get some sleep, I tell you fen the depressing was like a thousand times worse then a h/oxy. Withdrawl

Yes the depression is what messed me up last week when I tried quitting, how everything is and my life's kinds messed up right now I was at the point of crying lol

I'm at 36 hours now from like a 3 week fent Bing after being clean for like ten years I got a post up if u wanna read it

But yea the no sleep is killing me my buddy acctully has some h and it's so tempting just to get my legs to stop feeling crazy and to get some sleep, I tell you fen the depressing was like a thousand times worse then a h/oxy. Withdrawl
Sounds harsh, that's harsh your mate has some I don't know how strong I could be! Good luck

Today marks a week from my last dose and I am still feeling awful, almost like it’s getting worse each day. I have been taking small amounts of kratom once or twice a day but trying not to get dependent on that. I’ve been taking some Xanax, smoking some weed, just took my day 2 of 18mg of lope.

shouldn’t I be past the worst part? Why does it feel like it’s only getting worse? I can’t give in and give up, I just don’t know what else to do! I’m praying I start to feel better this week as I have a big family event this weekend.

Any advice is welcome. Do I keep with the lope? Do I keep with the kratom? Could they be interacting badly causing me to feel worse? Should I just stop everything besides smoking weed? Need help!

Today marks a week from my last dose and I am still feeling awful, almost like it’s getting worse each day. I have been taking small amounts of kratom once or twice a day but trying not to get dependent on that. I’ve been taking some Xanax, smoking some weed, just took my day 2 of 18mg of lope.

shouldn’t I be past the worst part? Why does it feel like it’s only getting worse? I can’t give in and give up, I just don’t know what else to do! I’m praying I start to feel better this week as I have a big family event this weekend.

Any advice is welcome. Do I keep with the lope? Do I keep with the kratom? Could they be interacting badly causing me to feel worse? Should I just stop everything besides smoking weed? Need help!
Maybe the kramton or lope is doing it I wouldent know I don't know what that is but last time I kicked a heroin/oxy IV habit I was sick for about 3 days then just depressed and like tired for awile but not going thru intense withdrawls...

Maybe the kramton or lope is doing it I wouldent know I don't know what that is but last time I kicked a heroin/oxy IV habit I was sick for about 3 days then just depressed and like tired for awile but not going thru intense withdrawls...
Thanks for checking in! I know typically my withdrawals peak around day 3 and get better. This time is was worse but that could be from having withdrawals multiple times before.

What’s your best advice to get some sleep? It’s been so hard to get any sleep this past week.

Kratom produces its own withdrawals, in my experience the restless legs/arms is worse than with other opiates. Plus the half-life is so short that it doesn't provide relief for long.

Every time you withdraw from opiates, it gets worse. This is an effect known as kindling, where once you've been dependent on something, it is easier to get dependent again, and the withdrawal gets worse.

Insomnia/restlessness is by far the worst part of opiate withdrawal, in my experience. Benzos can knock you out, but benzo withdrawal is much worse than opiate withdrawal so you have to be really careful.

Kratom produces its own withdrawals, in my experience the restless legs/arms is worse than with other opiates. Plus the half-life is so short that it doesn't provide relief for long.

Every time you withdraw from opiates, it gets worse. This is an effect known as kindling, where once you've been dependent on something, it is easier to get dependent again, and the withdrawal gets worse.

Insomnia/restlessness is by far the worst part of opiate withdrawal, in my experience. Benzos can knock you out, but benzo withdrawal is much worse than opiate withdrawal so you have to be really careful.
Thank you for all the information, I really appreciate it. I don’t really enjoy kratom so I’m just using it to get through withdrawals. Do you know how many days it takes to build a kratom dependency that would cause a withdrawal? Basically, when should I stop taking the kratom to avoid that withdrawal? I’ve taken about 3g’s once or twice a day for 6-7 day’s. Am I close to becoming physically dependent/having to withdrawal from kratom now?

It's hard to say, I mean personally I started my opiate addiction with kratom, and I get withdrawals from it after like 2 days. It is an opiate, it works on the same receptors. If you've never been addicted to it, it probably won't happen that fast. Ultimately though you have to pay the piper at some point, I don't think it's possible to totally escape withdrawal.

Thanks for checking in! I know typically my withdrawals peak around day 3 and get better. This time is was worse but that could be from having withdrawals multiple times before.

What’s your best advice to get some sleep? It’s been so hard to get any sleep this past week.
Sorry I don't really know when I kicked my bad habit back in the day it was just cold turkey and I delt with it right now I've been comeing off about 3 weeks daily fent habit I haven't been able to sleep in about two days so I went and got a bag of h and relapse I couldent deal with the restless legs and my arms and the no sleep for 2 days, I know I screwed myself.

Sorry I don't really know when I kicked my bad habit back in the day it was just cold turkey and I delt with it right now I've been comeing off about 3 weeks daily fent habit I haven't been able to sleep in about two days so I went and got a bag of h and relapse I couldent deal with the restless legs and my arms and the no sleep for 2 days, I know I screwed myself.
Sorry that happened. I feel you and it is so hard to kick. I keep going back and forth between what is worse, the mental or physical! It’s been 10 days and I still have the skin crawling feeling and getting little sleep. The discomfort is insane but I know I have to stay away! You can too! Lining up comfort meds have helped some

Sending another cry for help!! Does it really get better? Im on day 9 (last dose Monday June 29). My withdrawal symptoms have gone down but I still have this skin crawling uncomfortable feeling that I just can’t shake. I will get the goosebumps and cold sweats from time to time still too. My anxiety is through the roof.

I took some lope (18mg) around day 5 and 6 (I think) then stopped. I have Been taking 3g’s of kratom here and there. As well as Xanax and weed. So I have the comfort meds but no comfort.

Any help, advice or words of encouragement would be much appreciated!

Sending another cry for help!! Does it really get better? Im on day 9 (last dose Monday June 29). My withdrawal symptoms have gone down but I still have this skin crawling uncomfortable feeling that I just can’t shake. I will get the goosebumps and cold sweats from time to time still too. My anxiety is through the roof.

I took some lope (18mg) around day 5 and 6 (I think) then stopped. I have Been taking 3g’s of kratom here and there. As well as Xanax and weed. So I have the comfort meds but no comfort.

Any help, advice or words of encouragement would be much appreciated!
Be careful all of your so called “comfort meds” can be addictive on there own. You could very well be needing the lope, Kratom and the benzo to feel normal. You got some great advice on not using lope for more than 3 days. That shit is addictive as fuck if taken for along time. Plenty of threads on loperamide addiction.
your Kratom dose and length of use is enough to caus withdrawal at this point in my opinion. Someone said they feel dependent after not using it for 2 days.
xanax is a horrible withdrawal.
i think at this point your original addiction of what OXy? Should have run its course, at least with the physical side affects.
I think your just having trouble with all your ”comfort drugs” at this point.

i think you need to reduce your comfort meds. Start tapering down

Be careful all of your so called “comfort meds” can be addictive on there own. You could very well be needing the lope, Kratom and the benzo to feel normal. You got some great advice on not using lope for more than 3 days. That shit is addictive as fuck if taken for along time. Plenty of threads on loperamide addiction.
your Kratom dose and length of use is enough to caus withdrawal at this point in my opinion. Someone said they feel dependent after not using it for 2 days.
xanax is a horrible withdrawal.
i think at this point your original addiction of what OXy? Should have run its course, at least with the physical side affects.
I think your just having trouble with all your ”comfort drugs” at this point.

i think you need to reduce your comfort meds. Start tapering down
I am definitely trying to be mindful of my comfort med intake. Luckily I don’t use them often or for too long, besides weed, so fingers crossed I don’t end up in kratom or Xanax withdrawals. I’ve heard some people get kratom wd’s in 2 days based on usage and previous experience and others dont get it for a month of daily use. So I am hoping the 3g’s once or twice a day here or there during my last 11 days or so. Today I have only taken 2 g’s of kratom

I am definitely trying to be mindful of my comfort med intake. Luckily I don’t use them often or for too long, besides weed, so fingers crossed I don’t end up in kratom or Xanax withdrawals. I’ve heard some people get kratom wd’s in 2 days based on usage and previous experience and others dont get it for a month of daily use. So I am hoping the 3g’s once or twice a day here or there during my last 11 days or so. Today I have only taken 2 g’s of kratom
well keep up the good work. You should be through the thick of it. Only you know your body and potential withdrawal signs.
Maybe keep a journal of what u use and when. Just reading your posts your kinda all over the place with what u dosed and how much. you could also put down how your feeling both mentally and physically because at this point it’s probably more mental than physical If u not abusing/ relying to much on your comfort meds. You could also journal how you feel when skipping the benzos for a couple of days. Find out what makes you uncomfortable. The loperamide should be done at this point.
The good news is you can taper off of xanax and Kratom Very easily. I never had issues / access to benzos but kratom is addictive as shit in my personal experience but I am also week minded and always in my head when withdrawals happen
I know xanax addiction is bad if not worse so just be carefu.

i guess the question is do you want to live a sober life without any drugs ? Or do you want to party every now and then.
me, personally I can’t have a script of oxy and not abuse that shit. So, I am either on the wagon or off.

I think it's the kratom or whatever it is but again I have no experience with it the last time I kicked I might have done subs? But I was shooting dope/oxy and really 10 days seems insane I was on 2 days clean from my fent addiction and I wanted to die that's why I relapse and I hate to say it here but I'm just doing enough to not be sick till the weekend when i can get pot and I'm just going to smoke myself crazy and try to ween myself down in the meantime if that's even possible

Was your habbit 10mg a day? If so i wouldn't touch kratom and risk another habbit.
Should be mild and better in a few days. Exercise and eating healthy helps more than people think

Go on a 3 day meth binge, then take a shitload of Valium and sleep as long as possible and repeat until WD is mild, then just take some DXM in morning for few days and WD is completely gone 😆