• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Trying to figure out the best drug policy, please suggest.

Not sure if legalizing opioids would be a good idea, because sellers would try to push them on people, who might not be aware of risks and become addicted. Better to just decriminalize personal use and have government facilities hand them out for free to people, who are already addicted...
while this may be an amazing viable option, the issue at hand can also be relatable to that of getting properly treated for opioid addiction, while not free OR just handed out/legal to take without prescription, Methadone is handled in this way and people are still ill-informed about the potential risks involved aswell as SOME think it's entirely not harmful in its own right when not appropriately taken

That being said i think it's VERY difficult to asses the grander picture without first addressing the initial issues which seem to stem from things being criminalized/illegal that say theyre bad its the first time i've ever done this but i'm going to quote myself

I hope to one day see all drugs be decriminalized and legal. do i think i'll ever witness it in my lifetime? No the reason is people seem to be constantly fed the propaganda that drugs are bad, while in essence it should be ADDICTION is bad, not drugs.

the way knowledge regarding ALOT of drugs or i like to say substances is handled is fucked, proper education regarding drugs in general is the way to really get not only addicts more easily obtained treatment BUT also to help people that are simply dependent on drugs
i'm dependent on opiates so that i don't rip my fucking head off, and i know some people dependent on cocaine/stimulants to have the motivation/energy to perform at certain levels through the day somtimes i feel the lines of addiction and dependency aren't well enough made which can also contribute to a lack of treatment

While being knowledgable on risks/uses can be helpful and really make and break certain situations i don't know if the world is really ready for the level of changes that would have to be made :/