• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tryin to stay outa w/d

Jvjs05

Bluelighter
Hello , was hoping for some advise from someone with experience, have a bad habit of taking about 200oxy per day usually snorting , ran out this month and have about 6 days to go , I can get norcos 7.5mg , would taking 2-4 pills swallowing of course bc of the acetamephine keep me out of w/d until i can get my oxy or would it be a waste of time/ money?

It will keep u out but make the inevitable withdrawl thats coming worse. Why dont u withdrawl all together yhen u wont have to use a whole 200mg i can get around 11 or 12 good highs out of ur one day dose what a waste of good opiates.

^^Yeah cuz it's just that easy to come off a 200 mg per day habit... Yeah right. Honestly OP Idk how much those will help. I'm not trying to shoot you down or scare you. I just don't want you expecting those couple pills to fix you up. I mean they will help but hydro seems to be weaker than Oxy IMO. There are some charts somewhere that even mirror what I just said. But everyone's different.

Take them if you need to. they will take the edge off. but you're probably still gonna feel the rattles a bit.

It is his fault to get addicted to 200 a day in the first place of course its not easy i never said it was but if u made urself dependant its something you need to do

Thanks allornothing .... Yea he made it seem so easy like yea just stop obviously I want to but it's hell and having gone thru it b4 scares me to even think about , you are right the norcos barley helped still got runny nose and stomach was a mess luckily a friend gave me a fent patch, Gona get my blues once more then try to wean off, but FYI 7.5 norcos seemed to provide very little relief coming off 200mg per day of oxy

Thanks allornothing .... Yea he made it seem so easy like yea just stop obviously I want to but it's hell and having gone thru it b4 scares me to even think about , you are right the norcos barley helped still got runny nose and stomach was a mess luckily a friend gave me a fent patch, Gona get my blues once more then try to wean off, but FYI 7.5 norcos seemed to provide very little relief coming off 200mg per day of oxy

I'm not suprised.

I remember coming off previous Oxy habits (Up to 400mg per dose/day) and even the multiple doses of 120mg slow release DHC (Dihydrocodeine) did little/nothing to ease the withdrawals.

OP, 30mg's of Vicodin can help a bit. Those smartly combined with other downers like benzodiazepines and sedating antihistamines amongst other things can help hold you over, if you are not ready for a full taper. It's your call. I assume you can use stuff like this, without killing yourself. Highly unlikely, but warnings still apply. I cant gauge your experience with mixing downers. Just telling you what I use, prn.

Last edited:
Vicodin seems to have a very short effective time. In the last 35 days , I've come down from 80mg of Methadone - then to Morphine ER and just have Vicodins left. I thought that I could get by easily on 20- 30 mg a day and taper over a couple of weeks, since I had been OK when I got down to 20 mg of 'done.
But they are so weak!
Any opiate will help you through. Just don't expect to feel great. Be ready for the Boiling/chills and get some Immodium. I needed it even with 30mg of vics yesterday.
Hang in there and good luck.

Thanks , and yes very experienced with benzos , RXed kolopins and xanex , those I do not abuse take 1 1mg kpin in morning and 1 in late afternoon , using only .5 xanex when necessary, but when this happens def take more to try to help which it does but I feel as tho my body is so used to the kolopin since I take it daily that only the xanex provides some xtra relief since I do not take those daily

Lol you say i said it was easy even tho i never said that. And you are addicted to kpin for anxiety? Anxiety is never something youd need benzos for. Sure it helps but anxiety id always controlled with mental willpower. Its weird doctors tell people to take it daily. On top of the kpin that ur dependant on you take .5 of xanax when needed? Lol its never needed obviously some people cant handle panic attacks. Your just making your anxiety worse for in the future learn how to cope with it and not "need" pills like xanax and kpin for anxiety.

Just wondering, where did you get your medical license from ? Look I'm not trying to get into some debate here some people have been thru some bad stuff and for me benzos truly help , all I was asking was if anyone with experience would give me there opinion on if some norcos would help keep off w/d for a few days until I get my normal meds or if it would just be a waste of money that's all

PS from you LOLing I'm glad you find my situation funny , yea I have not used my meds right and put myself in a bad spot but sometimes people go through bad shit that happens to them, thanks for your input

Alright im a new member to blue light but I have been on this website for years so I generally know how things go around here and I have to say, justtakethat you are not helping nor does it seem like you have the experience to help even if you wanted to stop being a jerk and contribute. This site is largely devoted to drugs and addiction, and I highly doubt anybody here doesnt realize that it's their own fault for getting addicted.

Quit being an asshole or just go away.

so now you get reported when you don't make a lovey dovey warm feely post for the billionth opiate withdrawal thread? ok.

fuck that. paying the piper is part of the game.

I'm not reporting anyone , I don't care what is said , I'm not that kinda person , I can handle myself , just frustrated at the moment and trust me have paid the piper many times was just asking for simple advise from someone with EXPERIENCE on if some norcos would do any good to hold off the w/d not have someone who tells me they can get high 12 times off my single dose try and tell me what to do , obviously that person has never had to pay the piper anywhere near what I have, also wasn't trying to be lectured, all I wanted was some simple input from someone in my same tolerance range if some norcos would even be worth getting , once again not reporting anyone for anything they say , and yes I am aware it's my own fault for being in this position

I think he just wanted to know if hydrocodone would help, since when did we decide to tell people to suck it up and deal with it instead of giving some advice about what helped you get through it? Ive withdrawn in jail several times and literally did not get anything, so I know for a fact it can be done, but why make it that hard on yourself if you don't have to?

Quit being a dick and help the guy out.

Yes nate thank you , that's all I'm looking for is a person or people with a similar tolerance as mine , and if they think some norcos would help that's it

JV, just ignore anyone being a dick. Maybe they think they're helping, maybe they don't...but don't let them ruin your day.

Anyways, to answer your question, even during the early days of my dalliance with H, hydrocodone produced no effects (I still had a low tolerance, for instance 2mgs of buprenorphine at that time would give me a 10 hour high). I remember taking 40mg (4x 10/325 vicodins) and felt NOTHING.

It may, however, help you with your w/d. You won't feel it, but it will bind to your receptors and at least allow you to sleep/stop the RLS, sneezing, sniffling, restlessness, anxiety, etc. For a little while. It's not very long acting.

How's the detox coming along? Keep us updated. If you have access to gabapentin I highly recommend it as a non-habit forming comfort med.

Thanks , well the norcos were not helping was taking 3 7.5s at once (7.5s were all I could get) and my stomach was still messed up , however I was able to sleep and RLS was not as bad as Going CT so guess I shouldn't say they weren't doing anything. Last night a friend gave me a fent patch 100mcg , put it on at 830pm and have been wearing it ever since. Not abusing it just took it out the package and stuck it on my skin like intended. I don't feel anything like that warm fuzzy feeling I get from my Oxys but def solved my stomach problems , I intend to wear the patch for 3 days like its intended then I will be able to get my normal meds.