• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Truth serum/removing inhibition

bluemonkey

Bluelighter
Does anyone know what medicine might help lower my inhibition and get something out in open?

I have something that has been a secret for ages now and for various reasons ( having to do with my spiritual worldview) it needs to be just put out on the table with at least one person I really trust. I have such a person in my life at the moment and she’s open to hearing anything I want to say.
I keep trying to tell her but can’t seem to get the words out of my mouth… well not the whole truth anyway.
I was a psych major in undergrad and I was in a class once where the professor briefly touched on the fact that medicine does exist that would help with this problem.

This particular professor was against the use of medicine in therapy at all though so he glazed over the topic ( basically read the textbook out loud and called it good)

So, I don’t know what drug or combination thereof or even what type of drug to consider.
I realize I might need ( probably have to might be more like it) to find a psychiatrist but I figured posting here first might give me ideas about how to start this conversation when/if I find one.
Thanks

Alcohol. Hands down. Best drug in the world for lowering inhibitions and letting the truth come out.

Although we usually regret that the next day.

Under medical supervision I would imagine good ol' sodium pentothal but a Dr. would have to be willing and she would have to be in the room with you.

A few stiff drinks and a kitchen table should work for ya. Don't get smashed....just get a good buzz going and it will slip right out.

Can I ask what the big secret is? If not all details, just an idea?

Either way, I think it's better if you find a way to tell this person what you want to tell them without the use of drugs. Benzos remove inhibition but at the cost of motor and executive function. Maybe psychedelics could help but there is also the chance they create more paranoia and distrust.

There's no easy way to tell someone something you view as a closely guarded secret, but the catharsis of using purely your own willpower will be much greater than it would be if you used a drug to aid you.

Does anyone know what medicine might help lower my inhibition and get something out in open?

I have something that has been a secret for ages now and for various reasons ( having to do with my spiritual worldview) it needs to be just put out on the table with at least one person I really trust. I have such a person in my life at the moment and she’s open to hearing anything I want to say.
I keep trying to tell her but can’t seem to get the words out of my mouth… well not the whole truth anyway.
I was a psych major in undergrad and I was in a class once where the professor briefly touched on the fact that medicine does exist that would help with this problem.

This particular professor was against the use of medicine in therapy at all though so he glazed over the topic ( basically read the textbook out loud and called it good)

So, I don’t know what drug or combination thereof or even what type of drug to consider.
I realize I might need ( probably have to might be more like it) to find a psychiatrist but I figured posting here first might give me ideas about how to start this conversation when/if I find one.
Thanks

There's no such thing as truth serum (it's usually either sodium pentobarbital or similar) and while it makes people talk, they're just as likely to talk bollocks as the truth).

Definitely alcohol is your best bet.

Not sure,but truth serum is hyosciamine as I know.Alcohol makes easier for truth come in or go out.

There's no such thing as truth serum (it's usually either sodium pentobarbital or similar) and while it makes people talk, they're just as likely to talk bollocks as the truth).

Definitely alcohol is your best bet.
I know there isn’t as such but like I said I also know meds have been used in counseling with the client/patient permission to help overcome inhibition usually when someone is dealing with traumatic memories ( the textbook in question said that much but it didn’t say which ones).

I know most people probably think of it as “ truth serum” so I put it in the title of the thread. but yeah I know there’s not a single drug labeled that that has been demonstrated to consistently have the desired effect. If there was I could just look it up and ask a dr about it. But thanks for your time and reply!

Thanks
I always found that when I’m tripping on acid honest shit starts flying around….

Thanks everyone. For the sake of easyiness I decided to try Kava first. Now I just have to research if there’s anything I should know about taking kava and red Kratom together ( been on the same dose of red Kratom for ages for maintenance ( opioid dependence)

Early on, the Kratom would have had the desired effect but alas not now ( I tired upping the amount even changing to yellow… green and white give me a migraine…)
Anyway, should I start a new thread with my kava and Kratom questions?

To judge by the estimated delivery date, the company has thoughtfully loaded my order onto the fastest rocking horse they have access to. So yeah I have time to figure it out

So, your talking about "Truth Serum" ? I can only assume your talking about "Sodium Pentothal". It's real name is Sodium Thiopental. I was looking at barbiturates and I decided to see if Sodium Pentothal was a made up drug or just a drug out of the movies. It turned out that the drug does exist, but it doesn't go by the name Sodium Pentothal. It goes by the name Sodium Thiopental. Now whether it was ever used as a "Truth Serum" is up to your imagination.

Barbiturates are used as truth syrum. I've done butalbital recreationally but that's about it when it comes to barbs for me

Can’t see barbs being any more truth serum than the next thing. Tho in the right dose they beat alcohol for coherent opening up to someone and for….just about fucking everything. But don’t do barbs! There are many fucking reasons why they ain’t a thing any-more.

Low dose MDMA, followed up by if necessary a low dose GHB. Both seemed suitable to speak free and openly. But the MDMA is a bit tricky, assuming pure substances for both.

And a sitter, is he or she ready. MDMA sessions are mostly done under supervision of a psychologist.

GHB just lower's inhibitions seems the safest of the two to me. Good luck.

Low dose MDMA, followed up by if necessary a low dose GHB. Both seemed suitable to speak free and openly. But the MDMA is a bit tricky, assuming pure substances for both.

And a sitter, is he or she ready. MDMA sessions are mostly done under supervision of a psychologist.

GHB just lower's inhibitions seems the safest of the two to me. Good luck.
Safer if you are an experienced drug user. As for general public having 95 – 125mg or even 175 – 225mg MDMA pills is a lot safer than trying to hit a sweet spot with GHB/GBL. As for which is better as “truth serum” idk, neither beats barbiturates. As for “real” truth serum, as for dealing with trauma I think MDMA wins easily.

Surprised to not have seen benzos mentioned yet. As far as lowering inhibitions and being able to talk freely, I find superior to alcohol. Though they may have a greater impact on your mood than alcohol.

Surprised to not have seen benzos mentioned yet. As far as lowering inhibitions and being able to talk freely, I find superior to alcohol. Though they may have a greater impact on your mood than alcohol.
You didn’t seen it cuz it’s inferior option. Hardly any benzo can beat alcohol (some may) and none can beat good barbiturates or meataqualone or in fact quite a few options.

I would say average benzo is about as useful for such use as weed, for non-scrabled users.

Well... when it comes to benzos there's a couple that will get people talking. A high dose of Xanax or a dose of Midazolam.