• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Trump wants legislation to kill drug dealers

Hahahaha....dumbest shit ever. And when it's a rich Republicans kid who gets arrested for dealing in fent 30s that have a body or two to answer for? Trump would prob make him head of the opi crisis

This is a load of shit

Meth needs to be legal.

The acute and long-term adverse effects make Meth (admittedly a very euphoric stimulant) a substance I'd place alongside the likes of PMA and PMMA as being too hazardous to be legal.

Both amphetamine enantiomers on the other hand, I'd legalize.

Technically Meth is already legal in the U.S. in the form of a Schedule II Rx (Desoxyn), but I'm certain you know that. And I know it's not what you meant, but I digress.

Oh how I hate the Controlled Substances Act. It needs to be torn asunder along with the DEA. On that I think we both concur.

Unfortunately, until money in politics is dealt with, the American electorate's political representatives will continue their pie-in-the-sky campaign promises followed by nonstop corporate whoring once in office. And there's a whole lot of donors who want the war on (certain politically-incorrect) drugs to continue because they profit 'bigly' from it.

I would have no problem with extrajudicial execution of fentanyl dealers. They are killers, period. I can't find a reputable source for Trump's exact plan (all anti-Trump news sites) but if it's just fentanyl, off with their heads.

Does anyone here REALLY like having an increasingly fentanyl-tainted drug supply? (I have a conspiracy theory that three letter agencies are tainting drugs but I have no proof. If this is the case the various agencies should be disbanded rather than killing dealer.)

You’re supporting cartels and are just as complicit. That’s why totalitarians like Duterte would shoot you.

Is that the kind of world you want to live in?

How does a cop know if you’re a user or just a dealer?

Aren’t you a “Christian”? Isn’t it hypocritical of you, given that “Thou shalt not murder”....

The acute and long-term adverse effects make Meth (admittedly a very euphoric stimulant) a substance I'd place alongside the likes of PMA and PMMA as being too hazardous to be legal.

Both amphetamine enantiomers on the other hand, I'd legalize..

No, meth is nothing like PMA or PMMA. The latter are directly neurotoxic with practically no safe dosage range. Meth on the other hand is only slightly more neurotoxic than amphetamine, and that's at high dosages. Supporting legalizing amp but being against meth is hypocritical imo.

Meth is made out to be this villain, and I think it needs to stop.

Besides, when has making a drug illegal solved anything? You more than anybody should understand it. If we want to talk neurotoxicity and other organ damage, look no further than alcohol. Still, making it illegal is a retarded move.

No, meth is nothing like PMA or PMMA. The latter are directly neurotoxic with practically no safe dosage range. Meth on the other hand is only slightly more neurotoxic than amphetamine, and that's at high dosages. Supporting legalizing amp but being against meth is hypocritical imo.

Besides, when has making a drug illegal solved anything? You more than anybody should understand it. If we want to talk neurotoxicity and other organ damage, look no further than alcohol. Still, making it illegal is a retarded move.

exactly. It’s the media that made heroin and meth out to be the devil and then oh the irony the media doesn’t think heroin’s so bad now that FENTANYL is here... 8(

The opioid “crisis” isn’t a crisis.

Buying into the hysteria is like believing the “bad hombres” and “Mexicans are rapists and murderers and drug dealer” rhetoric-lies that Trump loves to say. It’s unbelievable people can buy into the hysteria so badly.

It is because it is easy to test for PCP and it is a very disabling drug.

I think it might also have to do with it that it used to be more prevalent when they first started really drug testing. Could be wrong though.

I would have no problem with extrajudicial execution of fentanyl dealers. They are killers, period. I can't find a reputable source for Trump's exact plan (all anti-Trump news sites) but if it's just fentanyl, off with their heads.

Does anyone here REALLY like having an increasingly fentanyl-tainted drug supply? (I have a conspiracy theory that three letter agencies are tainting drugs but I have no proof. If this is the case the various agencies should be disbanded rather than killing dealer.)

First thing, if you support extrajudicial execution of anyone, I don't see anyone taking your opinion seriously on anything. What do you think we have courts for? Even with the procedures of the judicial system innocent people get convicted and sentenced to years or end up on death row, what do you think will happen when you leave it up to cops and/or vigilantes in the streets?? And yeah, I have to agree with Captain.Heroin on the utter hypocrisy of christians supporting the death penalty.

^ Why do you think that mate? I disagree, amphetamines are prescribed to those who need it for health reasons but meth is a very dangerous addictive drug and not something that should be taxed. Being cheaper would be great but legal? Hell no.

Sure, meth is a dangerous and addictive dangerous drug, but it being illegal is only making it more so and making it less likely for addicts to get help, all while doing nothing to lower use rates.

First thing, if you support extrajudicial execution of anyone, I don't see anyone taking your opinion seriously on anything. What do you think we have courts for? Even with the procedures of the judicial system innocent people get convicted and sentenced to years or end up on death row, what do you think will happen when you leave it up to cops and/or vigilantes in the streets?? And yeah, I have to agree with Captain.Heroin on the utter hypocrisy of christians supporting the death penalty.

Yeah I mean seriously, extra judicial killing of anyone, and especially as an action of the state, is extremely wrong and nobody should tolerate it.

No, meth is nothing like PMA or PMMA.

I never intended to infer that the pharmacological properties of Meth is similar to PMA or PMMA. However, I can see how it came across as if I was. That's my bad. Bare with me, friend - english is my second language.

The latter are directly neurotoxic with practically no safe dosage range. Meth on the other hand is only slightly more neurotoxic than amphetamine, and that's at high dosages. Supporting legalizing amp but being against meth is hypocritical imo.

The literature I've come across has consistently indicated that Meth is directly neurotoxic whereas Amp is indirectly neurotoxic at high brain temperatures.

My first-hand experience with Meth is comprised of a few years of, on average, weekly use before I stopped for good.

I'd decriminalize Meth, but I wouldn't condone its sale in the same manner that I would with Amp.

You wish to consume Meth? It's your life, your body, your choice, and none of my business (or anyone else's). No one should be given the authority to force you to stop, particularly law enforcement who surely have more productive things to do with their time (other than victimless 'crimes').

As far as selling a pharmaceutically-synthesized, government-regulated version over-the-counter is concerned, I think that's going too far.

Edit: However, I do try to remain open to new ideas and perspectives in general, so that I may refine my opinions over time with the things I've learned (there is much to learn). And I hope that I always maintain such a mindset, because I have no qualms about acknowledging with humility that I clearly don't have all the answers (and never will).

Admittedly, I thought the 'Faces of Meth' campaign was exploitative and heavily-biased, but I digress.

It has solved nothing. I've written about how counterproductive it has been many times. And the Harry Anslingers and Richard Nixons of the world are responsible for an untold amount of needless pain and suffering. I'd spit on their graves.

Ethyl Alcohol - unbelievable how accepted it is in society given its short and long-term effects upon multiple organs within a human body. If anything, it is the so-called 'gateway drug' and not Cannabis. And it is a known carcinogen in any amount, and so forth. Plus, it's overrated. I'm glad I don't touch it anymore. But with Alcohol Prohibition, Uncle Sam handed an opportunity to make a ton of money to organized crime on a silver platter. Insanely stupid move.

Last edited:
Thanks for such a detailed reply, ro4eva.

Bare with me, friend - english is my second language.

Don't worry, it's my third language. Misunderstanding can occur.

The literature I've come across has consistently indicated that Meth is directly neurotoxic whereas Amp is indirectly neurotoxic at high brain temperatures.

The literature I've read supports roughly the same conclusions, but what matters is the frequency of dosing and the amounts. IIRC the studies that used "responsible" amounts of meth and amp both found little difference in irreversible damage, and the ones that did find differences used higher amounts. Which is why I stressed the importance of responsible use.

As far as selling a pharmaceutically-synthesized, government-regulated version over-the-counter is concerned, I think that's going too far.

But how does making it decriminalized while still leaving the production into the hands of (semi-)amateurs with no regulations (think varying purity, adulterants, no taxation, the whole deal) make it a better solution than making it OTC produced by pharmaceutical companies with strict regulations regarding purity and dosage? I really fail to see how that's better in any way.

It has solved nothing. I've written about how counterproductive it has been many times. And the Harry Anslingers and Richard Nixons of the world are responsible for an untold amount of needless pain and suffering. I'd spit on their graves.

I know, which is why I'm surprised to see this double standard thinking from you. I'm seeing it quite a lot from the most sophisticated drug enthusiasts lately and I'm trying to understand why.

E: ro4eva, what's your first language if you don't mind me asking? Your English is very good, I actually had no idea you weren't a native speaker.

Last edited:
Let's just take a second to breath here.

Not everything that 'loud mouth' Trump says is going to happen. Just look at his healthcare plan that failed to pass.

However, I think they are looking at the opioid crisis wrong.

Should't lawmakers be focusing on the responsible/regulated use of prescriptions, and not drug dealers? Doesn't a good chunk of hydrocodone, and other opioid abusers receive it from a doctor?

Last edited:
exactly. It?s the media that made heroin and meth out to be the devil and then oh the irony the media doesn?t think heroin?s so bad now that FENTANYL is here... 8(

The opioid ?crisis? isn?t a crisis.

Buying into the hysteria is like believing the ?bad hombres? and ?Mexicans are rapists and murderers and drug dealer? rhetoric-lies that Trump loves to say. It?s unbelievable people can buy into the hysteria so badly.

umm what lol

at least it is in the northeast

^^^ The crisis is real in Canada. 562 people died in alberta last year specifically from fentanyl overdose. BC had 1200 deaths.... in one year... both provinces only have ~4 million population. Thats with all the preventative measures in place (needle exchange, supervised injection sites, maintenance drugs etc etc).

IMO what will help more than anything is legalizing and regulating drugs. Killing drug dealers aint gonna do a fucking thing except put pressure on an already failing criminal justice system. (USA)

IMO what will help more than anything is legalizing and regulating drugs. Killing drug dealers aint gonna do a fucking thing except put pressure on an already failing criminal justice system. (USA)

Don't forget the power vacuum it leaves in the black market, leading to more violence until some homeostasis is reached on the street.

The literature I've read supports roughly the same conclusions, but what matters is the frequency of dosing and the amounts. IIRC the studies that used "responsible" amounts of meth and amp both found little difference in irreversible damage, and the ones that did find differences used higher amounts. Which is why I stressed the importance of responsible use.

You're right - frequency of dosing and the amounts is definitely key.

Furthermore, I suspect that the dosages used in a significant portion of the corresponding research - aside from frequency - were exceptionally high. And if I recall correctly, at least one such study was clearly biased.

But how does making it decriminalized while still leaving the production into the hands of (semi-)amateurs with no regulations (think varying purity, adulterants, no taxation, the whole deal) make it a better solution than making it OTC produced by pharmaceutical companies with strict regulations regarding purity and dosage? I really fail to see how that's better in any way.

Good point and good question.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if, when comparing the benefits and the risks of my proposal versus yours, you'd be the victor (both from a harm reduction standpoint in addition to an economical one).

I have a confession to make: Part of the reason why I took the stance that I did with Meth is because it continues to frighten me ever since I overdosed years back. And it's the reason why I stopped using Meth completely.

As a former conservative decades ago, the fear that I have for Meth reminds me of the days when I was relentlessly-burdened by a perpetually-frightened and embarrassingly-superstitious mindset towards 'change' in addition to 'the unknown'. It's a regressive type of cold feet which I'm eternally grateful that I have managed, for the most part, to shed.

As such, if it weren't for the aforementioned anxiousness, I would have acquiesced to your frame of mind from the outset.

I know, which is why I'm surprised to see this double standard thinking from you. I'm seeing it quite a lot from the most sophisticated drug enthusiasts lately and I'm trying to understand why.

I can't speak for my fellow BLers, friend, however in my case, fear of the substance - as a result of an especially-traumatic overdose - has clouded my judgment. But on the plus side, a protracted regimen of meditation and aerobic exercise has proven exceptionally-therapeutic.

E: ro4eva, what's your first language if you don't mind me asking? Your English is very good, I actually had no idea you weren't a native speaker.

Bei frate! De acum inainte, eu te numesc 'Beligerantul Beat,' și te voi folosi ca ?n filmele de cowboy cu Clint Eastwood - pace!

Thanks for the compliment! I don't mind at all - it's Romanian.

I couldn't speak a word of English for the first 8 years of my life. And as I'm sure you're aware, it certainly can be useful to know more than one language =D

That being said, some individuals tend to get really ticked off if they hear me speaking Romanian - in part, probably because phonetically, 'fuck' is a common verb in my mother tongue which means 'do'. Oh man do they get pissed off, LOL.

How about you, sir? Which languages are you proficient in (if you don't mind me asking)?