• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Trouble with Klonopin

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwake18

Bluelighter
Hi, hopefully I'm posting this in the correct place.

I was previously prescribed 0.5mg (the yellow generic ones) on an as needed basis. I didn't take them often and the most I took at once was 4mg. It didn't really make me high, I just didn't remember much from the day before.

Everyone on here and the internet talks about getting high and floating on them but i havent really experienced that yet.

Now I am prescribed 2mg (two green pills) per day. Still, I feel no buzz or float or high.

I bought some extras off my friend so I wouldn't take up my supply and I ingested 9mg yesterday an felt nothing except extreme tiredness.

They definitely relieve my anxiety 100% though, practically a miracle pill. If you have any advice for me to somehow get a buzz, I'd love to hear because this is really frustrating me.

Thanks a lot,
Caleb

i used to get a nice high off k-pins years ago, then came the phenazepam in unlimited supply so i raised my tolerance huge, now im off the phenazepam and on a k-pin taper.. i can't get high on them no matter how many i take, but like you said they really do help with anxiety! my only suggestion for you to maybe get a little buzz is break a couple pills in half and let them dissolve under your tongue.. they kick in quicker, that's how i take them when i need them in a hurry.

Ive made it from 20+ mg phenazepam a day to 5mg k-pin lowering a half mg a month.. now at 3mg and think im going to stay here, don't think i can go any lower comfortably plus im bipolar and naturally paranoid so the anti anxiety effects are REALLY helpful for me. Plus it mixes nice with my suboxone.

Just remember you are kind of screwing yourself over by getting high on your meds because they will eventually not work like they once did.. and benzo w/d is worse than opiates.

Have fun. Be safe. %)

Last edited:
Yeah i don't know. What is the buzz supposed to feel like? I just feel relaxed and normal, but no high. It's frustrating. Everybody talks about 2mg making them high as hell...

Hi, hopefully I'm posting this in the correct place.

I was previously prescribed 0.5mg (the yellow generic ones) on an as needed basis. I didn't take them often and the most I took at once was 4mg. It didn't really make me high, I just didn't remember much from the day before.

Everyone on here and the internet talks about getting high and floating on them but i havent really experienced that yet.

Now I am prescribed 2mg (two green pills) per day. Still, I feel no buzz or float or high.

I bought some extras off my friend so I wouldn't take up my supply and I ingested 9mg yesterday an felt nothing except extreme tiredness.

They definitely relieve my anxiety 100% though, practically a miracle pill. If you have any advice for me to somehow get a buzz, I'd love to hear because this is really frustrating me.

Thanks a lot,
Caleb

I've been prescribed kpins for about three or four years, and I'm the same as you: no recreational value whatsoever. Actually, I think like the first script had a little euphoria in it, but now it's just an anxiety preventer. But I WOULN'T take big binges... as you have learned, all it will do to you is make you sleepy, it's the same way for me. What it WILL do it ramp up your clonazapam tolerance/addiction.

It sucks when other people get euphoric effects off of something and you don't. My friends love to get "high" on it, but for me it does nothing fun. But, that's life, so just take 'em as prescribed and enjoy living an anxiety free life :)

I've been prescribed kpins for about three or four years, and I'm the same as you: no recreational value whatsoever. Actually, I think like the first script had a little euphoria in it, but now it's just an anxiety preventer. But I WOULN'T take big binges... as you have learned, all it will do to you is make you sleepy, it's the same way for me. What it WILL do it ramp up your clonazapam tolerance/addiction.

It sucks when other people get euphoric effects off of something and you don't. My friends love to get "high" on it, but for me it does nothing fun. But, that's life, so just take 'em as prescribed and enjoy living an anxiety free life :)

That sounds about right. What dose did you start on and what are you on now? When i first took kpins I took 4mg along with some methadone and felt drunk but since then klonopin does nothing except sleepy time and No worries :)

Before getting prescribed it I had so much anxiety I couldn't eat or sleep and I felt like I had a bowling ball in my stomach... Now with clonazepam I feel great and have much more motivation and positive outlooks.

Try taking a higher dose, and smoking alot of weed. If you have a drink that will really give you a better buzz, either then that it's a hit or a miss. Take xanax if klonopin doesn't work.

Also it's really dumb to get high on klonopins. So I would say you might get a buzz if your having alot of anxiety and then take one.

I don't have that many extra pills! I already wasted a ton in my attempt yesterday taking 9mg. I get 60 per month and used to get sloppy off a few of them when I bought them off the street but now nothing happens. So confused.

I am also prescribed klonopin, for severe anxiety and yet im only given three 0.5mg pills a day(1.5mg total). its rediculous. I need atleast 3 mg's to take care of the chest/heart pain I get from "anxiety attacks" as the doctors like to call them, even though they happen 20 times a day and I dont feel anxious. So what I do is I just dont take my medication for 2 days, and just deal with the pain and anxiety.....and then on the third day I take the 6 pills from the past two days, and then 2 more from that day...so 8 pills totaling 4 mg's. And all it does is make me feel a little relaxed, and mostly a little tired.....but atleast I get one day thats pain/anxiety free.

If I save up my pills even more(or buy some extra off the street) I will take up to 6mg's at a time, and it pretty much just makes me more tired. I dont think clonazepam is that great for recreational use, but its good for anxiety. I think xanax works better at giving you a "high". But my favorite thing about clonazepam is that it works great for when your coming down from a coke binge, or any other stimulant use.

I think people make it out to be more than it is. For those of us that actually have anxiety, they don't provide much recreational use. I hear you on the chest pains.

Sounds like their working for you but your just not getting high...maybe for the sake of getting high you should try a different benzo, like zanax, or maybe alot of adivan. Something that comes on quick. Maybe try a few mgs of k pins and a few mgs Xanax together and see how that goes. Dont try taking anymore than what you said you already tried (9mgs) at once, If that wasnt enough any more klonopin wont be either.

Well I don't really have access to any other benzos except my klonopin script. I've gotten drunk or high-ish when i take 4mg all at once before, but now nothing happens. I even remember everything that happened yesterday. Something is wrong :(

When I go back to my doctor I assume he'll keep me on the same dosages but we'll see I guess. It just sucks because it makes it so I have no anxiety but I'd like a little floaty feeling to go along with it ya know ;)

I even have tried doing them sublingually and it doesn't get me buzzed or high. Sometimes in the morning on an empty stomach if I take one, I'll be a little wobbly for about an hour or two but then nothing. So who knows. Any other ideas? I'm really frustrated that my friends can take one or two of these things and be in the clouds and I pop them with no tolerance either (since I was literally just prescribed them 4 days ago) and nothing happens. Grr.

Thanks for the help,
Caleb

I never "got high" off of clonazepam, it's not an especially euphoric benzo in my experience. Benzodiazepines like alprazolam, temazepam, and midazolam have much more euphoria.

i agree, i have the 1mg greeen generics and i put thirteen of those minty-mothers under my tongue hoping to get a recreational effect out of it and....i might have, but i blacked out for two days.

i dunno, you already had a tolerance tho, generally a large consumption will fuck you up, (alot of people mix with other drugs) not that i condone, but have done.

Yeah I don't know. They've made me pretty fucked up and forget previous nights, but now nothing happens. Just calming anti-anxiety :)

Its just confusing because everyone who has posted here has basically said it has no recreational value yet all my friends pay $- each for the green ones like they're a golden high. I don't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please check out the links in my thread regarding the OD rules, because we don't allow prices anymore.

Any other suggestions? All my friends talk about getting high on klonopins and all they do is calm me down and forget shit. I thought klonopin was such a coveted benzo. Even eminem talks about it that way in songs. Ughh necesito ayuda

ive never gotten "high" from klonopin.. just relaxed and good feeling. if your taking a benzo to get high xanax is the way to go. i feel great when i take xanax but taking too much is no good because thats when you black out and forget what you do. but like i said if your trying to get high klonopin is not the way to go. they suck.. its all about the xanies

this isn't exactly harm reduction at all, and i would advise against it unless you know what you're doing, but having just one or two drinks can really help benzos kick in if you're just sitting around your place chilling out, rocking la ganj, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.