• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping With Alcohol

Just cause you had a bad experience doesn't mean everyone will. Caution is advised though. I have taken acid while buzzed-drunk (never while hammered or wasted i.e.,very drunk) and also rolled while drunk and even candy flipped on mdma and lsd while drunk and it was fine, albeit a bit nauseating and the trip was a little more messy mentally. But the combo isn't unheard of, nor is it too bad of a combination of alcohol is used moderately. Also responsible use of lsd is totally possible without "fuckin" yourself up. Don't try to preach as if you don't know everyone is different in how they respond both short and long term to any drug, especially one like lsd.

my old weed dealer went to school tripping on acid 3 times
he was really cool when on drugs tho, he could handle himself

Not necessarily this combo would have me vomiting all night, all dissociatives combined with alcohol induces vertigo and makes me quite nauseous.
Most people notice this effect actually if you do not I believe you would be the minority.

But to the OP I quite like the effects of alcohol and psychedelics together. It calms and anxiety I have on the come up and gives me a more relaxed adventurous feeling trip.
Obviously the key is moderation with both substances
However at a school function I would not under any circumstances use illicit substances there; the risks are far too great including being suspended or even expelled depending on the school and possibly even arrest.
I know the cops were called when kids were found to be on MDMA at my school dances

I quite like the combo of having one beer, drop acid, drink a few more whilst it comes up and then quit drinking for a few hours until the acid starts wearing off again. It completely eliminates the tension and anxiety I usually get when acid comes up, the beginning of the trip is a bit "dumbed down" by the booze but as that wears off and the acid moves towards the peak you still get a good trip out of it ;).

This.
I always have a small drink (double shot of spirits) over ice as I'm coming up to kill any anxiety I may have then while coming down I'll have a few more drinks with a spliff or two to put me to sleep

absinthe is just highly concentrated alcohol.
There used to be myths that it was different but they have been debunked by science

No, there are still Absinthes out there with Thujon as an active ingredient, for example in the Czech Republic. But in many countries it is banned and the Absinthes sold there do not contain Thujon.
So this is no myth, from Erowid:

The sources of thujone in absinthe are the herbs wormwood (Artemisia absinthium) and Roman wormwood (Artemisia pontica). There is good evidence that both thujone and wormwood have psychoactive properties

Regarding drinking & tripping: Personally I think alcohol is disgusting on psychedelics and definitely not "essential". Like others said they are quite opposite regarding the effects and for me it only dulls the trip which I usually want to experience in its pure form.

I don't know....acid + booze + pot + benzos + dissos = all fun and games for this guy!!

Specially if there's a show involved :)

In my younger years I never wanted to mix psychedelics and booze, I thought it was stupid.. But as I get older I like to have a few shots or a few beers to down at hand while I'm tripping.. Honestly it gets me looser, like booze normally does, only a bit looser while also tripping, these days it's a nice state to be in.. It makes me dance to music better versus my dancing while only tripping.. I wouldn't want to get super drunk or anything either.. I would never take a psychedelic as the companion to alcohol, but I'll gladly take some alcohol as the companion to a psychedelic.

There was once a time when I quite enjoyed IV 2c-e along with a bottle of wine (sometimes I would then redose and have another bottle of wine) or a generous number of cocktails. IMO alcohol goes very well with purely recreational tripping, but I wouldn't drink at all if I wanted a more serious introspective/spiritual experience.

P.S. Please don't emulate me.

Last edited:
In my younger years I never wanted to mix psychedelics and booze, I thought it was stupid.. But as I get older I like to have a few shots or a few beers to down at hand while I'm tripping.. Honestly it gets me looser, like booze normally does, only a bit looser while also tripping, these days it's a nice state to be in.. It makes me dance to music better versus my dancing while only tripping.. I wouldn't want to get super drunk or anything either.. I would never take a psychedelic as the companion to alcohol, but I'll gladly take some alcohol as the companion to a psychedelic.
I feel this, but I feel GHB more! Now that's a great elixir to add to psychedelics, umphs the euphoria up to extravagance, makes you want to dance, and howl at the moon! Beatiful....

I feel this, but I feel GHB more! Now that's a great elixir to add to psychedelics, umphs the euphoria up to extravagance, makes you want to dance, and howl at the moon! Beatiful....

Yes, well... GHB is basically the best Shit Ever, so that makes sense. I unfortunately never tried combining it with psychs (except for aMT, which was divine) but hell if I wouldn't.

It's cool to because it doesn't really dull the trip like other gaba players will, it just super sexily sneaks up on you, relaxes you, and for me lets you slide into the ethers even further! Same goes for 1-ethnyl-cyclohexanol. It can cause such extreme euphoria, it's almost like your bursting at the seams!<3

Searched a bit, found plenty of places to get it, but can hardly find any info on how or why to use it

How wasteful, combining psychedelics with sedatives. Totally kills the trip.
Chh sometimes they do and for sone people they might, but for me even benzos don't really do much more than take my aniexties/tension away from my mind. Certain sedatives like GHB and the ones I was talking about don't really. These things all work in different ways and therefore they effect the trip differently. I don't recommend people do this at all or often really but it can be fun. I wish you would stop making blanket statements though. I always shake my head at that sort of thing but psychedelics should be teaching you better values, well that is, if you know how to use them...!;)

I'll booze all trip long at a festi, but a solo trip i only booze if i gotta soothe some anxiety. Especially L since theres no nausea, like shroomies or cactus. Jim Beam always being the preferred spirit.
My worst trip on L ever did happen when i was blackout drunk (thanks Jim), but it's all about moderation folks. Medicine or poison depends on the dose