View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping With Alcohol

MadADD

Greenlighter
I have a quick question, I'm going to a school dance on Saturday. My original plan was to just drink with a few friends afterwards, but my guy said he had doses. I still want to drink, however I really want to trip as well (just for visuals, last time I just thought too much and didn't get many visuals). So my question is this:

If I took a few shots beforehand and got a little drunk and then dosed, would I still get good visuals?

I've just read a few things about how mixing the two either results in a sub-par experience, or not many visuals.

Even without alcohol I wouldn't personally want to trip at a school function. It's not like a club or party where things are geared towards taking drugs. The whole school vibe would make it really uncomfortable for me, particularly if I am dosed enough to experience open eyed visuals. Adding alcohol usually leads to black out and no real memory in my experience so whats the point?

It's your decision but I'd dose another day

Even without alcohol I wouldn't personally want to trip at a school function. It's not like a club or party where things are geared towards taking drugs. The whole school vibe would make it really uncomfortable for me, particularly if I am dosed enough to experience open eyed visuals. Adding alcohol usually leads to black out and no real memory in my experience so whats the point?

It's your decision but I'd dose another day

I'm tripping after the dance, after I get back to my house.

I strongly suspect that for many, if not most people, tripping is a crystal clear, though distortedly amazing, experience. But there are undoubtedly folks for whom the combo of alcohol and acid brings great joy. It will be interesting to see what this thread throws up. My partner's experience of this was not very pleasant. she had a fair amount to drink (not sure how much - she's not out of control though but very tipsy). The trip coincided with the alcohol come down (which she would normally sleep off) - this meant around 5 hours of burying her head in a blanket feeling absolutely terrible. As for visuals, I don't know. I personally in 40 years of tripping have never mixed the two and always had good imagery inside and outside. You could try just this once staying off the booze and taking the acid and seeing what it's like, then if not impressed try your combo the next time.

Hmm, well I'm grounded until next Tuesday. After reading this, I might just stick to drinking for that night and wait a few more days to just walk around and trip with some friends. =D

If I'm social tripping, chances are I'll be drinking. Helps keep you grounded a little when the L has you thinking too much and what not. I don't remember the last time I didn't at least have some beer on the comedown. It certainly dulls some of the psychedelic effects though.

I have a quick question, I'm going to a school dance on Saturday. My original plan was to just drink with a few friends afterwards, but my guy said he had doses. I still want to drink, however I really want to trip as well (just for visuals, last time I just thought too much and didn't get many visuals). So my question is this:

If I took a few shots beforehand and got a little drunk and then dosed, would I still get good visuals?

I've just read a few things about how mixing the two either results in a sub-par experience, or not many visuals.

Maybe the alcohol could spoil your trip! You might not experience it as much..For me it would work as it would avoid bad tripping but that´s only me.

Wow....in high school and college me and my friends would drink insane amounts of booze while tripping acid.....the thougt was you couldn't get drunk.....kinda of a waste of money really

I quite like the combo of having one beer, drop acid, drink a few more whilst it comes up and then quit drinking for a few hours until the acid starts wearing off again. It completely eliminates the tension and anxiety I usually get when acid comes up, the beginning of the trip is a bit "dumbed down" by the booze but as that wears off and the acid moves towards the peak you still get a good trip out of it ;).

I like a fatty cup of vodka after acid plateaus for a bit. Vodka takes a while to kick and it usually does at the end of the trip when I time it right. Gets my mind stupider.

On DXM i'd only ever have one drink as one weak drink feels like 10 on DXM.

What about Absinthe and tripping? anyone have any experience with this?

absinthe is just highly concentrated alcohol.
There used to be myths that it was different but they have been debunked by science, it's basically like 180-proof vodka. highly flammable because it's over 50% alcohol

then what about absinthe with wormwood, cannabis, blue lotus, white lotus, sacred lotus, and african wormwood. (of course brewed and strained)

i think the combination of wormwood is what makes the experience different. but the addition of the other stuff might also create interesting effects.

also what about tripping on two psychedelics; like hawain baby woodrose and mushrooms/LSD/Mescaline?vise versa perhaps also with MDMA. i've been curious but cautious about this.

you might also be able to smoke nicotina rustica while tripping and i think it will increase effects; a little offtopic i think but just saying. i've been interested in nicotina rustica for a while.

DO NOT mix alcohol with LSD...they are fucking opposites of each other...damn...Done enough acid to fuck all ya'll up...That shit will catch up to you...sooner or later it will reveal yourself to you...you better fucking be ready...Aint all fun and games later on...keep doing it...and you will see ;)