• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

tried heroin first time last night, overhyped

Could've been the quality. Or just your body not being used to it. If you already have an opioid tolerance, that can affect it as well.

I mean, before I ever tried heroin, I only had experience with tramadol, codeine, hydrocodone, etc..
My first time on heroin was enjoyable but I was like "damn, I could feel this same way just from taking 400mg of tramadol, so why is H so special??"

Heroin's one of those drugs that grows on you. It's not gonna be spectacular at first for some people (wasn't for me).
But with continued use & better quality, I started to enjoy heroin much more than any other opioid.

I wouldn't call it a "demonic force" either. I mean really heroin is just a rapid, fast acting, full agonist opioid (mostly morphine). So it's effects aren't going to be any wildly different than from a lot of other opioids. Except for strength & better euphoria (usually). It's definitely much better than crappy fentanyl IMO & longer lasting.

But there's so many variables why your first time wasn't anything special.
My first time doing heroin wasn't special either. It felt nice but I basically just ended up taking a nap. Fast forward several months & I was in love with the shit after that. It's one of those drugs that takes doing it numerous times before you really start to appreciate it. And I don't recommend doing this unless you got a life time supply of it.

It's also pretty common knowledge in medical literature that stimulants potentiate opioids.

I'm not quite sure what the mechanism is with caffeine or why it potentiates the sedative effects of opioids, but I know the dual dopamine release from opioids + amphetamines leads to more analgesia & more pain relief. Along with simultaneous stimulation & sedation.

I find caffeine just potentiates the nod/drowsy effect of opioids, but not the motivational or euphoric aspects of the opioid.

Last edited:
(edit) I'm on kratom maintenance now and have been for about 3yrs. Yes, red vein kratom is rather stimulating for meme.
Hey brother,
I've recently switched from morphine pills to kratom and I've got a green strain(the labels/name don't matter anyway the color is more important)
Kratom makes me hot and sweaty and gives a quite nice mood lift. Is there any difference between green and red strains? I've read the red ones are less stimulating and better for analgesia. Do u notice a very marked difference?

still have a good bit left but i don't feel any sort of temptation towards it. people talk about heroin like it's some demonic force, i'd always suspected that it was probably quite chill and i was right. i got a slight hangover rn but happy to have finally tried it and satisfied my cucuriosity.
Man,
It's obvious. U haven't IVed and I in no way encourage u to try it, once a person crosses this line, you're pretty much fucked. Intravenous Heroin tickles ur brain in such profound ways that you're gonna want to repeat the experience again and again and again. Just look at all the people in here who are on maintenance after being IV users(myself included). Once u go IV it's super tough to be able to fully quit.

Hey brother,
I've recently switched from morphine pills to kratom and I've got a green strain(the labels/name don't matter anyway the color is more important)
Kratom makes me hot and sweaty and gives a quite nice mood lift. Is there any difference between green and red strains? I've read the red ones are less stimulating and better for analgesia. Do u notice a very marked difference?
For me they are very similar but the green is slightly more stimulating while the red is slightly more analgesic. That said, I probably wouldn't detect a difference in a blind test.

Again, YMMV. One thing for certain about kratom is that it affects everyone differently. Like you, I always get a nice mood lift. But I don't get hot/sweaty. Good thing, too, since I work in a kitchen.

Many people claim to get a sedative effect from red vein, but I don't. Also, I get almost no effect whatsoever from white vein. And I got slight nausea/dizziness when I first started on kratom but that hasn't happened in over 2 years.

I agree that the alleged place of origin means nothing. I do think some brands are more consistent than others, but even my favorites can vary a little. Also, I usually get "Maeng Da" because it's supposed to be the strongest-- but that's probably all hype and thus a placebo effect.

PS-- I used red vein to kick my oxycodone habit and it was great. Almost no WDs at all. I didn't miss a day of work.

For me they are very similar but the green is slightly more stimulating while the red is slightly more analgesic. That said, I probably wouldn't detect a difference in a blind test.

Again, YMMV. One thing for certain about kratom is that it affects everyone differently. Like you, I always get a nice mood lift. But I don't get hot/sweaty. Good thing, too, since I work in a kitchen.

Many people claim to get a sedative effect from red vein, but I don't. Also, I get almost no effect whatsoever from white vein. And I got slight nausea/dizziness when I first started on kratom but that hasn't happened in over 2 years.

I agree that the alleged place of origin means nothing. I do think some brands are more consistent than others, but even my favorites can vary a little. Also, I usually get "Maeng Da" because it's supposed to be the strongest-- but that's probably all hype and thus a placebo effect.

PS-- I used red vein to kick my oxycodone habit and it was great. Almost no WDs at all. I didn't miss a day of work.
Man,
Thanks for your input. Yeah, I've been experiencing weird effects the first few days, I was also wding from a box of morphine I Ived over a week. I also get that mood lift, it's pretty neat. Kratom Is weird, today I was nodding off with a lower dose. I think I was taking too much the first few days, that's why I was getting too wired. I have adjusted the dose and doing much better. I'm gonna try the red vein next, thx again brother.
P.S btw, I think Maeng Da is just a marketing strategy. Kinda like saying 2x-3x stacked ecstasy rolls or double drop acid tabs. Pfff what actually matters is the place of origin and the colors, that's it. Again thx jasper big hug bro!

PS-- I used red vein to kick my oxycodone habit and it was great. Almost no WDs at all. I didn't miss a day of wowork.
Bro, I needa ask u something tho. How do u deal with the constipation? I haven't taken a shit in 5 days and I don't wanna use a fking enema. I tried skipping my morning dose yesterday but still my stool felt so hard It hurt so hard to push. I'm lowering my krat dose too, don't wanna take too much of it. Any recommendations? Mhmm

Bro, I needa ask u something tho. How do u deal with the constipation? I haven't taken a shit in 5 days and I don't wanna use a fking enema. I tried skipping my morning dose yesterday but still my stool felt so hard It hurt so hard to push. I'm lowering my krat dose too, don't wanna take too much of it. Any recommendations? Mhmm
It's that bad for you? Dang

Probably too much fiber, what doses of kratom are you taking? Kratom powder has quite a lot of fiber in it.

What will probably help is making a tea and straining out the plant material with a coffee filter. Just simmer your dose in a small amount of water for 20 minutes. Make sure to add a bit of acid while simmering. Lemon juice, lime juice, any sort of vinegar, even orange juice would work... you don't need much, too much will make it undrinkable. Add sugar if hard to drink.

Straining out all the plant material should help relieve the constipation.

Probably too much fiber, what doses of kratom are you taking? Kratom powder has quite a lot of fiber in it.

What will probably help is making a tea and straining out the plant material with a coffee filter. Just simmer your dose in a small amount of water for 20 minutes. Make sure to add a bit of acid while simmering. Lemon juice, lime juice, any sort of vinegar, even orange juice would work... you don't need much, too much will make it undrinkable. Add sugar if hard to drink.

Thx for the tip bro!!!!
I've been doing toss and wash, maybe that's the reason. I'll try taking tea now. Tyty

Oh yeah, like 8-10g a day.

Yea your correct, I and a few other folks from our past used h once or twice and that was it for the most part. Same thing with meth , but it's when someone really likes it and starts a pattern of use.

If everyone (including myself) only used once a year it would never be an issue. It's the chase over and over that gets us. And by the time you realize you might have a problem....its far too late.

I swore I'd never become a pill head , then one day I realized, oh yea , I fucked myself.

Drugs can be fun, addiction is definitely not worth it though.

Have fun , be safe

Man, I'm sorry you're going through that. Sounds terrible.

Honestly, I've had no problem at all with that. My diet is not 100% ideal, but I do eat fruits and/or veggies every day and I usually eat whole grain cereals and breads. I also drink a lot of coffee and a lot of water.

You could set your clocks by my poops. I poop one time every single day and it's always about 30mins after I get up-- immediately after my first cup of coffee with my first cigarette of the day.

I get up at 5am most days. If I'm off work and try to sleep late, I'll still wake up by 6am at the latest because I gotta go take a shit.

When I was hooked on oxys/hydros, I wasn't quite that regular but I still didn't suffer from the level of constipation that many people talk about. I never went more than 3 days without a poop.

Go figure.

Man, I'm sorry you're going through that. Sounds terrible.

Honestly, I've had no problem at all with that. My diet is not 100% ideal, but I do eat fruits and/or veggies every day and I usually eat whole grain cereals and breads. I also drink a lot of coffee and a lot of water.

You could set your clocks by my poops. I poop one time every single day and it's always about 30mins after I get up-- immediately after my first cup of coffee with my first cigarette of the day.

I get up at 5am most days. If I'm off work and try to sleep late, I'll still wake up by 6am at the latest because I gotta go take a shit.

When I was hooked on oxys/hydros, I wasn't quite that regular but I still didn't suffer from the level of constipation that many people talk about. I never went more than 3 days without a poop.

Go figure.
I'm not used to the kratom yet, on morphine I'd just skip a dose and I was ready to shit. If I get too constipated a few beers helps too.

I keep saying it gets massively overhyped!, and I'm saying this as a former heroin junkie.

I know a ton of people who tried it a couple times and just didn't think much of it, and never bothered to try it again. I know others who use it on and off but much prefer other drugs. A lot of people also never get the fabled euphoric effects from it and instead just get horrible nausea. But yet it gets both idolized and demonized like no other drug. The heroin mythology alone could probably fill an entire book.
I might never even have been an addict if I hadn't already had the mental script in my head that everyone who takes it 'invariably' ends up addicted and totally believed that without question.

Caffeine is added to make white heroin smokable. It lowers the MP and it's a diamorphine/caffeine (4;1) mixture that is used in HAT.

I think it's a GOOD think that it wasn't so good.

Smack is a useful servant but a terrible master. I haven't bought any for years but from time to time friends who don't want to use alone or PRESUME I can magically divine purity turn up with a gram. A point of the stuff here (76% pure) is nice. Just nice. An alternative to a 4-pack of Guinness but no more. I hate needles for manifold reasons but smoking a point over a few minutes gives one an idea of purity.

BTW yes, I did try snorting - waste of time.

Errrr.... you do know fibre is something that *helps* move things along in your digestive tract, not the opposite?!

(There's a reason I was the local health food shop's prime customer for bran flakes at one time.)

since this is DC I further indulge in off-topic and mention that one of caffeines metabolites is theophylline, it is about 5 percent is metabolized to that. No matter to most people, but if you have unusual enzyme presentation and particularly if you also do gigantic doses, like gram a day, it is completely possible to get theophylline poisoning over time-particularly as theophylline has this effect of decreasing its own metabolization.

Errrr.... you do know fibre is something that *helps* move things along in your digestive tract, not the opposite?!

(There's a reason I was the local health food shop's prime customer for bran flakes at one time.)
Yes, but those products are geared towards people with not enough fiber in their diet.

Ingesting TOO MUCH fiber will cause constipation and very hard/dense poop.

Fiber is what the body uses to form poop into solids. Too much of it + opioid use is probably a recipe for epic constipation.

Last edited:

Yes, but those products are geared towards people with not enough fiber in their diet.

Ingesting TOO MUCH fiber will cause constipation and very hard/dense poop.

Fiber is what the body uses to form poop into solids. Too much of it + opioid use is probably a recipe for epic constipation.
I think y'all might each be talking about a different kind of fiber: