• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Tramadol Vs Codeine

isn't there one of these "tramadol vs codeine" threads already floating around somewhere in this here forum?

So done a bit of research.... and since Ill be getting more Tramadol in the near future I intend to use it. The best strategy for me personally seems to be to combine moderate amounts of tram with codeine (since I enjoy the odd codeine session ;)) ..... so Im still researching, reading trip reports and the like.... and it seems that anything over 500mg at once and youre putting yourself at genuine risk of seizure(?) ... (makes me annoyed at my ignorance, arrogance and irresponsibility at assuming that tramadol was like other opioid meds, and thus my first experiment with it was taking 1g then going to work :() ...

Anyway, I think Im going to use it in combo with CWE's. Ill take 200-400mg tram either just before (like 20-30mins), directly after (like 20-30mins) or concurrently with whatever amount of codeine I happen to be having that day.

How does that approach sound to experienced users of tramadol, and more specifically those who have or still do combine tram and codeine?

Tramadal induced and maintained a six month hypomania episode for me. It gave me a few seizures too. Pity, though subtle the high is unique and lasts a very long time.

When mixed with high dose Lyrica (1g) I'd get muscle tremors and twitches all over my body. Same type of movements you see with a grand mal but I was completely conscious. All of the symptoms kicked in at the exact time one would be expecting the effects from the o-desmethyltramadol to kick in. The first few hours and the snri effects seemed normal.

By the time I got to the 24hr doctors I couldn't even walk. They called an ambulance and was given 5mg Valium (before I had a tolerance). This completely resolved all my symptoms and I was only in ER for a few hours. (Still got to enjoy some of the high hehehe).

The very next night, a repeat of the previous nights pill popping produced the same results. I know that I am incredibly stupid. I was too embarrassed to go to ER again, had no connects for illegally obtained pharms or street drugs so had to ride it out at home by myself. Yes, I told you I am incredibly stupid. That was a really horrible 24 hours!

Pinkanga, yes codeine and Tramadol is a very nice combo. Take IR Tramadol 1hr and CR 2hrs before dosing the codeine. Sounds like a long time I know. you could stagger your tramadol doses every 20mins or so for a bit more potentation of both drugs.

You want to wait until our lovely MU agonist metabolite (O-desmethyltramadol) is starting to kick in. Obviously with the saturation of your liver enzyme required to o-demthylate the above, the combo might not work out so great if codeine is taken too early.

The combo also increases the seizure risk. Don't take Diaz if you can avoid it, dulls the tramadol high... At least for me!

OH, and I think a lot of people start looking for the Tramadol high too early... I mean there is some instant gratification, but the most euphoric part of the high for me was always 6/7 hours in... That's on a large dose of IR.

Enjoy it dude :)

Last edited:
^yeah agreed with staggering the tramadol doses before taking the codeine. staggering the tramadol allows it to metabolise at a better rate, thus greater effects, than simply taking one large dose. 2-3 hours before dosing the codeine is the time frame i use as well. staggering gabapentin also works the same, lyrica too if i remember correctly.

i think it's a great combo myself. but now that my tolerance is much much higher i never experience the 24hr highs which were common among my early days. that doesn't mean i still don't like taking a reasonably high dose with codeine thrown in and not enjoy it, it's just nowhere near the intensity of the high's it would previously create.

but the most euphoric part of the high for me was always 6/7 hours in..

agreed as well.

I have been using 500mgs of Tramadol (i know over 400 u can have seizures but i have never experienced this) wilts in india for the last 7 weeks on a daily basis, i have always found it to be more subtle but laster longing than codeiene, it always makes me sociable without looking or seeming wasted, where as with codeine the scratching is an automatic giveaway

My last week in India was combined with a gram of brown smack and tramadol each day, great fun but i feel like shit now

My last week in India was combined with a gram of brown smack and tramadol each day, great fun but i feel like shit now

I'm sure it was great fun, and I'll bet you feel like shit now. I'm hoping for your sake that you mean you had a gram of smack over the week and tramadol each day, rather than a gram of smack per day. If it's the latter, you'd be feeling all sorts of hell no doubt.

And yeah I agree that tramadol can be nice when you're on holiday as it's long lasting and does lend itself to breezy social interactions.

Coming back to working reality from a holiday or travel somewhere interesting is hard enough, but the last time I came back from Thailand after a month of breezy high times with the missus I had to go back to work and dry out from valium and tramadol at the same time. Talk about heaven to hell8(

This maybe not usefull so i'll keep it short..... Very limited use of Tramadol to the point I cant comment on it for pain relief, anti depressant effects or recreation value, but...

My point to this is I take quite a bit of codeine and I find it has great anti-deppresant effects for me even tho minus its effects on serotonin compared to tramadol.

Would like to compare them myself oneday.. Does anyone else find this with codeine? 300-600mg = anti depressant effect the next day?

^ yeah slightly, can also get a bit uptight aswell. Suppose it depends on the dose and how close to bed you take it.

nah unfortunatly it was a gram of smack a day, smoked on top of tramadol, the flight home i felt like total shit, now i am home i can compensate the wd's woth other things, i have never been on such a heroin binge before i had a good week but slept a lot

I know the feeling, had a month off in Cambodia before moving to Melbs for work in Dec. doesn't seem like anyone here had the idea to bring any codes or trams back with them. Going from fat white rocks of pure China to zero isn't the best but thank jesus for the good pharmacy staff of SE Asia for helping through it.
anyways my experience on the tramadol vs codeine which sadly going on over a decade now, is that tramadol doesn't really hit that sweet spot like any thebaine or morphine derived opiates , however the high is unique and imho better in the low dose range I find 100-150mg IR to be a really good social drug with the relaxation of opes and some stimulant effects from trams action on dopamine. I also find taking tramadol or benzos to potentiate an opiate adds to the general fuckedupedness of it all but seems to take away that opiate warmth and euphoria.
sometimes there's something to be said for subtlety, all the people who say codeine doesn't do anything anymore are testament to that, it's like a wino having to drink a bottle of whisky to catch a buzz.
I think for sure codeine has a anti-depressant effect but mostly comes from helping out the depression of wd'ing which if you take a lot of codeine is pretty much anytime you're not taking it.

I know the feeling, had a month off in Cambodia before moving to Melbs for work in Dec. doesn't seem like anyone here had the idea to bring any codes or trams back with them. Going from fat white rocks of pure China to zero isn't the best but thank jesus for the good pharmacy staff of SE Asia for helping through it.
anyways my experience on the tramadol vs codeine which sadly going on over a decade now, is that tramadol doesn't really hit that sweet spot like any thebaine or morphine derived opiates , however the high is unique and imho better in the low dose range I find 100-150mg IR to be a really good social drug with the relaxation of opes and some stimulant effects from trams action on dopamine. I also find taking tramadol or benzos to potentiate an opiate adds to the general fuckedupedness of it all but seems to take away that opiate warmth and euphoria.
sometimes there's something to be said for subtlety, all the people who say codeine doesn't do anything anymore are testament to that, it's like a wino having to drink a bottle of whisky to catch a buzz.
I think for sure codeine has a anti-depressant effect but mostly comes from helping out the depression of wd'ing which if you take a lot of codeine is pretty much anytime you're not taking it.

The above is all true. I don't really like taking Tram more than once ina while and only on 1 day. If i take it on consecutive days I will get super shit comedown...depressed, crying etc. All in all tram sucks. I still ahave a few packs in the drawer from Se Asia and have no inclination to take them. ....that might all change when the morphine, oxycodone, phenobarbital, diazepam, triazolam, alprazolam and ritalin runs out...an the flunitrazepam at mums house. But as you can see, it ranks really low on the abuse ladder.