• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids TRAMADOL n WEED

PurpleDANK9

Bluelighter
Hey, i'm new at this forum and I think there is no better place to ask some questions.

So i never tried tramadol and i got several pills thaat contains 75mg tramadol with 635mg paraceptamol.

For my first question is, should i take half pill for the first time ?
Does Weed makes tramadol effects stronger? or even dangerous?

I'm kinda scared because some days ago I popped some pill named Atarax and smoked some weed, and i got really bad with it.

Anyway, waiting for some expert answers , and thanks =D

Start low with the tramadol to see how strong effects are. It sometimes takes on the first time a little bit more time for the body to digest (then the times following), so don't redose if you don't feel it too soon--in regards to the tramadol.

I wouldn't combine weed with opioids initially at all. They enhance eachother and the high can blend together so you may not be able to discern how strong the opioids are for your body just yet. Maybe by the third time you can smoke on it. Tramadol has a seizure dilemma in higher doses. Someone else can answer where the danger in milligram count is for seizures. Stay safe. Opioids are not like weed they can be dangerous if you underestimate them ESPECIALLY for someone with absolutely no tolerance. Weed is not dangerous to combine with opiates whatsoever, I just think you shouldn't the first two times because the highs do enhance eachother mentally. Plus don't you want to see what opioids feel like on their own first?

I wouldn't advise dosing more than once a day with opioids for someone with no tolerance (not sure if you've ever tried oxy/percocet or the other weaker ones). For future reference if you do love the tramadol, never combine opioids with benzos like xanax or klonopin and never drink on opioids. Also try not to do tramadol daily if you love it as this is a surefire way to fall down the rabbit hole ;)

Last edited:
Start low with the tramadol to see how strong effects are. It sometimes takes on the first time a little bit more time for the body to digest (then the times following), so don't redose if you don't feel it too soon--in regards to the tramadol.

I wouldn't combine weed with opioids initially at all. They enhance eachother and the high can blend together so you may not be able to discern how strong the opioids are for your body just yet. Maybe by the third time you can smoke on it. Tramadol has a seizure dilemma in higher doses. Someone else can answer where the danger in milligram count is for seizures. Stay safe. Opioids are not like weed they can be dangerous if you underestimate them ESPECIALLY for someone with absolutely no tolerance. Weed is not dangerous to combine with opiates whatsoever, I just think you shouldn't the first two times because the highs do enhance eachother mentally. Plus don't you want to see what opioids feel like on their own first?

I wouldn't advise dosing more than once a day with opioids for someone with no tolerance (not sure if you've ever tried oxy/percocet or the other weaker ones). For future reference if you do love the tramadol, never combine opioids with benzos like xanax or klonopin and never drink on opioids. Also try not to do tramadol daily if you love it as this is a surefire way to fall down the rabbit hole ;)

I already drink codeine with promethazine and smoked weed. Is tramadol that strong?

I abused on benzos some time ago, is that gonna cause me getting seizures more easily?

Oh okay. Tramadol is potent but most people regard it to be one of the weaker opioids compared to oxycodone--similar to how people find codeine to be less strong than oxy. It's moreso the siezure issue. People have taken large amounts to get high and literally siezed out at a mall or something. In small amounts, you'd be totally fine. B4 taking it I would do research on BL as to what dose increases your risk for siezures, or literally google. ( iirc someone said don't go past 300 mg ) This could be totally BS on my part so don't take my word for it.. I just remember seeing that somewhere so double check!

I don't see why benzo abuse in the past would cause that. Tramadol only give siezures in higher doses so I wouldn't be super concerned if you're only taking one pill or so. Aren't you only prone to siezures during benzo withdrawal? Sorry specifically I can't answer this question, I don't know much about benzo properties or if your risk is increased.

Last edited:
Tramadol is weak on the same level as codeine for opioid effects. The reason people warn about it is the SNRI effects which can easily cause seizures. It is dual action so it hits your opioid receptors but also acts as an SNRI, and the SNRI properties are what cause the seizure risk.

75mg is a low dose, I'd say take two for 150mg then wait an hour or two for it to kick in, you should feel it. After that you can redose a small amount and get the same effect as the initial dose. So normally tramadol comes in 50mg capsules, I would take three, then once it kicks in and begins to wear off I'd just just another one for 50mg and it'd feel the same as taking the 150mg did. Redosing so low also means you lower your risk of seizures.

The official "safe limit" for tramadol is 400mg a day, but I have personally had a mild seizure at 350mg in the past even though I've never had seizures naturally or from any other drugs before, so the risk can appear even at lower doses. So I'd be careful with your dosing and keep redosing to a minimum too.

This seizure issue is really fucking me up, i was never scared this much.
Juice WRLD ( Singer ) just died days ago from a seizure that is why Im kinda freaking how a lil bit.

Tramadol is weak on the same level as codeine for opioid effects. The reason people warn about it is the SNRI effects which can easily cause seizures. It is dual action so it hits your opioid receptors but also acts as an SNRI, and the SNRI properties are what cause the seizure risk.

75mg is a low dose, I'd say take two for 150mg then wait an hour or two for it to kick in, you should feel it. After that you can redose a small amount and get the same effect as the initial dose. So normally tramadol comes in 50mg capsules, I would take three, then once it kicks in and begins to wear off I'd just just another one for 50mg and it'd feel the same as taking the 150mg did. Redosing so low also means you lower your risk of seizures.

The official "safe limit" for tramadol is 400mg a day, but I have personally had a mild seizure at 350mg in the past even though I've never had seizures naturally or from any other drugs before, so the risk can appear even at lower doses. So I'd be careful with your dosing and keep redosing to a minimum too.

The ones i got is a mix with paracetamol. 75mg Tramadol with 635 paracetamol, i think i can't go redosing because the limit of an independent-dose of paracetamol is 1mg.

My ideia to not seizure at all is that taking the max 1 pill and mix with some smoke.

But again that seizure issue is making me go again to hospital to get another pills for my back pain.
Oxy is like Impossible to get in my country.

And codeine is more used to coughs , right?

Sorry to ask, when you got the seizure, were you alone? It was scary?
You did 350mg in one day ? or it was almost a single dose? If you don't mind, i would like to hear your story about it. To learn more.

And thanks for all the infomation, i did search on BL about Tramadol, there is really nice informations here.

Abuse of MDMA in the past will make me prone to seizure?

Last edited:
I would advise to take 75mg/650mg and an hour later another one. It takes about 2-3 hours for tramadol to reach it's peak effects but if u spread your dose your body would be able to metabolize tramadol more efficiently to it's active metabolite o-desmethyltramadol which produce almost all of tramadol's opioid activity. Dose spreading also rise tramadol bioavailability from about 75 to almost 90 percent and half-life rise from 6 hours for tramadol and 8 for o-desmethyltramadol to 8-9 hours for tramadol and even more so for it's metabolites. Effects of tram usually starts little bit speedy and than shifts to soft, warm opioid-typical sensation. If u have enough of CYP2D6 liver enzyme.

I would advise to take 75mg/650mg and an hour later another one. It takes about 2-3 hours for tramadol to reach it's peak effects but if u spread your dose your body would be able to metabolize tramadol more efficiently to it's active metabolite o-desmethyltramadol which produce almost all of tramadol's opioid activity. Dose spreading also rise tramadol bioavailability from about 75 to almost 90 percent and half-life rise from 6 hours for tramadol and 8 for o-desmethyltramadol to 8-9 hours for tramadol and even more so for it's metabolites. Effects of tram usually starts little bit speedy and than shifts to soft, warm opioid-typical sensation. If u have enough of CYP2D6 liver enzyme.

I'm can't get high with ONLY one pill? But really nice information about bioavailability.

But isnt bad to take more then 1g of paracetamol in such short amount of time ?

It is bad to take more than 1000mg of apap per dose but 1300mg in two separate doses would not cause any harm if your liver is ok and u will do it just once . U can get high with one pill but it's more rare than usual. Some people are more sensitive to tramadol than others.

It is bad to take more than 1000mg of apap per dose but 1300mg in two separate doses would not cause any harm if your liver is ok and u will do it just once . U can get high with one pill but it's more rare than usual. Some people are more sensitive to tramadol than others.

150mg tramadol will make me more prone to seizure, so i dont know if this a drug that is good to get high =\ .

Im worrying to much about the seizure thing?

It's highly individual , I seized on 800mg but I was on Xanax wd at that time. Before I could take even 1000mg and not seize. Generally seizures appear at 400mg and more . 100mg is normal medicinal dose so 150 should not be much more dangerous.

It's highly individual , I seized on 800mg but I was on Xanax wd at that time. Before I could take even 1000mg and not seize. Generally seizures appear at 400mg and more . 100mg is normal medicinal dose so 150 should not be much more dangerous.

I often abuse Xanax answell.
Last time that i used Xanax for more that 3 days in a row. Abused it for 3 weeks ( -+ 3mg a day ) with some alchool and got some mild withdrawls.

Today is the 19th day without using Xanax. I don't feel the headache only some anxiety in certain ocassions.

Should I keep away from Tramadol and let me brain heal more ?

I smoke weed everyday, i don't know if that helps on benzo recovery.

Thanks for all your replies =D

19 days is enough after only 3 weeks benzo binge and weed is also anticonvulsant if u take small hits and getting high carefully. Well. In my opinion it is safe to take 75 + 75 an hour later and also smoke some weed . But like I said before, seizure threshold is individual. 150mg is low dose and spreading it to two doses reduce the seizure risk.

19 days is enough after only 3 weeks benzo binge and weed is also anticonvulsant if u take small hits and getting high carefully. Well. In my opinion it is safe to take 75 + 75 an hour later and also smoke some weed . But like I said before, seizure threshold is individual. 150mg is low dose and spreading it to two doses reduce the seizure risk.

Thanks for you advice and your knowledge, i will try it when I'm "ready" for it.

One more thing, i saw that MDMA does to can make seizures, and i abused it when i was younger.

Since i never had seizure with MDMA is wrong to assume that my seizure threshold with Tramadol will be bad with higher doses and not with low doses?

If you didn't have seizure while on MDMA u should not have one on 0-400mg tramadol because some of their pharmacological actions are similar according to medical research but they are still two different kind of drugs. One is empathogenic stimulant and other is opioid analgesic with snri and serotonin releasing properties.

And codeine is more used to coughs , right?

Sorry to ask, when you got the seizure, were you alone? It was scary?
You did 350mg in one day ? or it was almost a single dose? If you don't mind, i would like to hear your story about it. To learn more.

Codeine is used for pain as well as coughs. The syrup is for coughs but codeine pills are used frequently for pain in most countries. In the UK we commonly get co-codamol which is codeine and paracetamol pills, usually with 30mg codeine and 500mg paracetamol.

As for the seizure yeah it freaked me out since I wasn't expecting it. I kept the dose below the 400mg limit, I dosed it slowly throughout the day in low doses each time, and back then I used tramadol frequently without problems so I thought I was safe. I also often used benzos at the same time which isn't recommended with opioids since they're both downers, but I had a tolerance and benzos work as anti-seizure medications.

The seizure basically came out of nowhere. I was laying in bed on my phone and felt nice and wavy on the drugs. Suddenly I felt a wave from the tramadol but it overpowered me, I started shaking, and my phone flew out of my hand. Next thing I know I woke up 15 minutes later. I took more benzos to avoid another seizure and stopped using tramadol after that and never had another seizure ever again. That was roughly 5 years or so ago and it's never happened again since, not from any illness or from any other drug.

I was honestly lucky I was laying in bed at the time, if I was standing somewhere I could have easily fell down and knocked my head.

Obviously I wasn't using tramadol medically, I was using it to get high and self-medicate depression and anxiety, but with the doses I was taking I wouldn't say I was abusing it either. I always was careful to stay below 400mg a day. Tramadol is just risky like that.

If you didn't have seizure while on MDMA u should not have one on 0-400mg tramadol because some of their pharmacological actions are similar according to medical research but they are still two different kind of drugs. One is empathogenic stimulant and other is opioid analgesic with snri and serotonin releasing properties.

I've used MDMA many times and never had a seizure on it but I did on tramadol. Their serotonin activity is different. Tramadol is an SNRI while MDMA is a serotonin releaser without any reuptake inhibitor effects.

I don't think you have to live eternally in fear of never trying it because of the siezure aspect--even with other factors involved I don't see how you would sieze out with one or two pills of tramadol. But I get why you're hesitant to not try it.

As an above user said 75 mg is a safe recommended dose. I'm glad that you did not have more issues with xanax cessation. Many people self-diagnose themselves with benzos and it's a scary time without medical help figuring out how to get off them.

Codeine is used for pain as well as coughs. The syrup is for coughs but codeine pills are used frequently for pain in most countries. In the UK we commonly get co-codamol which is codeine and paracetamol pills, usually with 30mg codeine and 500mg paracetamol.

Codeine is better than tramadol then?

As for the seizure yeah it freaked me out since I wasn't expecting it. I kept the dose below the 400mg limit, I dosed it slowly throughout the day in low doses each time, and back then I used tramadol frequently without problems so I thought I was safe. I also often used benzos at the same time which isn't recommended with opioids since they're both downers, but I had a tolerance and benzos work as anti-seizure medications.

The seizure basically came out of nowhere. I was laying in bed on my phone and felt nice and wavy on the drugs. Suddenly I felt a wave from the tramadol but it overpowered me, I started shaking, and my phone flew out of my hand. Next thing I know I woke up 15 minutes later. I took more benzos to avoid another seizure and stopped using tramadol after that and never had another seizure ever again. That was roughly 5 years or so ago and it's never happened again since, not from any illness or from any other drug.

I was honestly lucky I was laying in bed at the time, if I was standing somewhere I could have easily fell down and knocked my head.

Obviously I wasn't using tramadol medically, I was using it to get high and self-medicate depression and anxiety, but with the doses I was taking I wouldn't say I was abusing it either. I always was careful to stay below 400mg a day. Tramadol is just risky like that.

Your story made me more scared of doing it.. you were using Tramadol to often? Maybe something was the trigger to make you have a seizure.

I've used MDMA many times and never had a seizure on it but I did on tramadol. Their serotonin activity is different. Tramadol is an SNRI while MDMA is a serotonin releaser without any reuptake inhibitor effects.

My hope is Lost

I don't think you have to live eternally in fear of never trying it because of the siezure aspect--even with other factors involved I don't see how you would sieze out with one or two pills of tramadol. But I get why you're hesitant to not try it.

As an above user said 75 mg is a safe recommended dose. I'm glad that you did not have more issues with xanax cessation. Many people self-diagnose themselves with benzos and it's a scary time without medical help figuring out how to get off them.

I just don't want to scare my closed ones with this. Or even die just because i didnt get another type pain killer to play around.