• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol gave me pssd.

That’s better, but it only accounts for chronic SSRI/ SNRI use in rats. This has been known for a long time. It doesn’t say that a single dose of tramadol can cause this. Besides that, this study absolutely does not say that this condition is permanent, or a result of brain damage. There is absolutely no evidence for that, but I like to be proven wrong. So keep at it!

🧙‍♂️
Please actually read the article. Also, I didn't technically use it once. I bombarded my body with it over the course of three days, although that first day was the most at 700 mg.

This is someone’s opinion, and is not scientific. Besides, his hypothesis doesn’t say that any of this permanent, or a result of brain damage. Hypotheses need to be proven scientifically, otherwise this opinion doesn’t count at all.
I don't understand how you think this is opinion, these are real people describing their symptoms in that very scientific article I sent you, and some of them only used antidepressants for a very short amount of time.

Then why did you say it only stated that pssd occurs after chronic use? Because if you read the article you would have seen that a good amount of the cases in the article were people who used the drug for a very short amount of time. One person was 3 days and that is how long I took tramadol.

I think most rational people would agree you have been proven wrong at this point. Besides, I would take the word of the numerous sufferers on online forums who claim to have pssd from a single dose over any current "scientific evidence." What, do you think all of these people are lying? What do they have to gain from that?

I am well aware of the sexual side effects of being on antidepressants. It took a full year to even feel right again once I got off of zoloft. I absolutely hate SSRI’s and antidepressants and will never take them again, tramadol is a rotten drug for many different reasons. I am having a hard time believing you experienced what you are claiming after only taking tramadol once. There is no evidence for that, and tramadol has been been prescribed for a long time, and for just a few days for pain. There has been absolutely nothing that has been proven (other than claims on the internet) that tramadol can cause permanent brain damage after only a single use. This would have definitely been reported since tramadol has been prescribed, especially since it is usually only prescribed for a few days for acute pain.

Unless you are a medical anomaly, which I don’t believe you are. You are already either on antidepressants now, or you are just coming off of them. Otherwise you have brainwashed yourself up into believing that you have permanent brain damage from taking tramadol one time.

🧙‍♂️
I didn't take it one time technically, I took 700 mg throughout the first day, about 300 the next day and 100 the third day. The 700 mg alone is way above the dose people normally use it at for pain. I used it in a way that was atypical, so maybe it shouldn't be so unbelievable to claim that it could have had effects on me that it doesn't have on other people. Other people didn't abuse it like I did. And no, I am not on antidepressants now nor am I coming off of them from previous use. There is a man in Britain claiming that chronic us for 7 months gave him pssd and the inability to get euphoria from alcohol, I have been in personal contact with him. And if there can be cases of antidepressants causing PSSD and other long term issues from only short exposure to them, it only stands to reason that the same can be true for tramadol, as it is an SNRI.

That article isn’t proof of anything. Who knows what that person’s agenda is? You knows what your motivation is? You have already told the people on this forum to not take antidepressants because it causes permanent brain damage. It does not. It’s very unclear what your motivation is here posting on these boards?

🧙‍♂️
It does not cause brain damage for everyone, but clearly it does for some, myself included. So I am just giving my case as a cautionary tale. People aren't even warned by doctors or leaflets about pssd as a possible side effect, and as that article proves, it can occur even after a few doses, unless you believe the patients in that article are lying. I am posting to give living proof that it is possible to get PSSD and other ailments if you use antidepressants, even if for a short amount of time. How would you explain my symptoms if the tramadol didn't cause them? They began during my abuse of the drug for those three days. That's not a coincidence.

If anything the internet forum is more valuable in this case than just you as a sample size. The internet has theoretically an infinite sample size and therefore I can find people that this happened to. Your experience with tramadol is not universal
Neither is yours

That article isn’t proof of anything. Who knows what that person’s agenda is? You knows what your motivation is? You have already told the people on this forum to not take antidepressants because it causes permanent brain damage. It does not. It’s very unclear what your motivation is here posting on these boards?

🧙‍♂️
I also don't understand why you don't think that numerous people online reporting sexual and other issues arising from only one dose or a few doses of an antidepressant is not proof that this is possible. Do you think these people are lying? Because unless they are lying then that is evidence enough in itself. These are personal reports.

It does not cause brain damage for everyone, but clearly it does for some, myself included. So I am just giving my case as a cautionary tale. People aren't even warned by doctors or leaflets about pssd as a possible side effect, and as that article proves, it can occur even after a few doses, unless you believe the patients in that article are lying. I am posting to give living proof that it is possible to get PSSD and other ailments if you use antidepressants, even if for a short amount of time. How would you explain my symptoms if the tramadol didn't cause them? They began during my abuse of the drug for those three days. That's not a coincidence.
If you have no history of Opiod use and took 700 mg Tramadol.

We can at least conclude your not typical at all. And i myself will not rule out that it could be the trigger of the PSSD. offcourse other things could play a part, but there is more then enough reason to believe it played a role. Myself as example was almost puking my guts out at 50 mg IR, aswell as on 100 mg of the extended version. This was before I got heavy into Kratom so I had no tolerance.

Both times were overwhelming, so your dosage is a-typically high if you had no tolerance. But I still believe in the self healing power of our bodie's but you have to let it do its work. Mindset is very important.

Like when your arm got dislocated. After the event you not able to use it like normal. but at a certain point your body heals it. But when you have mentally adapted to the handicap of the dislocation it becomes an limiting factor. Your muscles cramp in a wrong fixture which overtime will give you pain that is essentially not necessary as your arm/ shoulder's are allready healing.

Hope my example is making it more clear what i mean @Janzio.

Yeah you're self diagnosing from symptoms that can be caused by countless other problems, you should get your hormones checked before you claim to have got brain damage from something close to mythical.

It doesn’t cause brain damage at all, unless you suffered from a seizure. Nothing that you have claimed has any scientific evidence to support your claims. You are just here fear mongering about something you claim happened to a British guy and you without evidence. You have done this on other boards too.
My case and his case together IS scientific evidence. I did not have a seizure and am experiencing all of these symptoms. Therefore, by exclusion, the symptoms I am having are due to the SNRI action of tramadol, as there are cases of SNRIs causing lasting damage even from a few doses. There would be no other reason as to why I am having these symptoms. The claims of people online that say antidepressants gave them pssd from a few or only one dose IS scientific evidence. From a philosophical standpoint, scientific knowledge doesn't have to come from any authority but nature itself. If you said there is no such thing as blue pineapples and then we both encountered a blue pineapple, even if no scientific community is aware of it's existence, that would mean that you were scientifically incorrect. If someone tried to tell us that we are wrong because the scientific community doesn't recognize blue pineapples exist, that person would be wrong. Do you get it now?

Yeah you're self diagnosing from symptoms that can be caused by countless other problems, you should get your hormones checked before you claim to have got brain damage from something close to mythical.
The only disorder in existence that can cause numbness in genitals, testicle shrinkage, reduced semen volume, ED and reduced libido all at the same time is PSSD. Let's just agree that I am a medical anomaly and move on, but my point still stands that if it can happen to me it can happen to anyone and people should avoid taking any SSRI or SNRI at all in any dosage for any amount of time.

I would also say you need tested for low T.

You haven’t answered if you’ve been formally diagnosed with PSSD or not?

Except those are all symptoms of low testosterone.
Genital numbness is not a symptom of low testosterone. And why would I have no symptoms prior to taking that tramadol for those three days and then immediately have them afterwards? Testosterone cannot drop that quickly. My testosterone was 468 total and 8.6 free. This is low for my age but technically not low. Certainly not low enough to have no libido at all and all of these other symptoms.

I would also say you need tested for low T.

You haven’t answered if you’ve been formally diagnosed with PSSD or not?
There is no formal diagnosis for PSSD, doctors in America don't even recognize its existence. It was recognized three years ago in Europe however. And if it is to be diagnosed it is done so by exclusion of all other possible causes. My testosterone was in range. So there you go.

There is no formal diagnosis for PSSD, doctors in America don't even recognize its existence. It was recognized three years ago in Europe however. And if it is to be diagnosed it is done so by exclusion of all other possible causes. My testosterone was in range. So there you go.
So…

look, I believe you think you have it but I really doubt you do from what you’ve told us. You took a lot of tramadol but it’s not that severe that it would cause what you’re describing. Yes, PSSD does seem to be a thing with stopping long term use of SSRI/SNRI.

Seriously, clean up your diet, get out and exercise, take some supplements and go see a therapist.

The mind is an incredible thing, we can think ourselves into a condition easily and I believe this is what you are doing. Sorry.

Best of luck.

I’m just confused about your motivation here? Even though this is a harm reduction site, doesn’t mean that you get to warn people here to stay away from tramadol, because you think that you got brain damage from taking it. That is an unsubstantiated claim that requires some evidence if anyone is to believe you. What you think happen to you is no justification to come here and tell people how dangerous tramadol is, and to stay away from it because it causes brain damage. There is no proof that it does, and fear mongering is the opposite of harm reduction.

🧙‍♂️
My evidence is clear. I cannot get a doctor to confirm this diagnosis because doctors don't even recognize pssd. But it is pretty evident that I have it and that I have it as a result of abusing tramadol. So if I have any message then it is to not abuse tramadol like I did, and to avoid any antidepressant use at all because there is a chance it can cause these terrible side effects.

So…

look, I believe you think you have it but I really doubt you do from what you’ve told us. You took a lot of tramadol but it’s not that severe that it would cause what you’re describing. Yes, PSSD does seem to be a thing with stopping long term use of SSRI/SNRI.

Seriously, clean up your diet, get out and exercise, take some supplements and go see a therapist.

The mind is an incredible thing, we can think ourselves into a condition easily and I believe this is what you are doing. Sorry.

Best of luck.
There are cases of people getting PSSD from very short term use of antidepressants. If you don't believe the numerous people on online forums like pssdforum, survivingantidepressants, r/pssd and the Yahoo and Facebook pssd communities who claim to have gotten PSSD from as little as a SINGLE dose (I know it seems unlikely but I see no reason why these people would be lying), then look at the scientific article I posted on an earlier comment that describes cases of people getting PSSD after as little as three days of antidepressant use.