• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Tramadol and Kratom

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Hi guys.

I was wondering if this mix is good or it's too dangerous. Has anyone taken them together? I was planning to take a moderate dose of tramadol and about 3 hours later (when it's already metabolized) take some kratom.

What do you think?

Should be ok depending on your tolerance to either drugs. Don't go above 200mg of tramadol at once though probably better with 100mg then you can increase if your not where you want to be at. Tramadol can cause Sezuires so be careful

One of the few deaths that involved kratom was infact because kratom was adulterated with tramadol. I don't know the mechanism and don't want to scare, but tramadol and kratom both effect norepinephrine and serotonin so that would alarm me more than their effects on opioid receptors. I wouldn't recommend it, but if I would take both together, diazepam or clonazepam (low dose) would be my third substance. Also, as already mentioned, take lower doses of both substances than you would usually take when taken mono style.

Take care!

@Psycho_Logic @Jungo871
Shit. I didn't think it was that dangerous.
What if I take tapentadol instead of tramadol? At least, tapentadol does not have as strong an action on serotonin as tramadol.
Anyway, I have a good tolerance to tramadol and have never had any problems. Do you think pregabalin is as effective as clonazepam?

Last edited:
Tramadol and kratom is the combo that gave me the worst headache of my life. They both have that dirty stim feeling too

Tramadol and kratom is the combo that gave me the worst headache of my life. They both have that dirty stim feeling too

Tramadol only gives me a headache if I don't drink enough water during the day. I have noticed that tramadol dehydrates me and my mouth becomes very dry. Maybe that's why tram or kratom give you a headache.

The only time tramadol gave me a headache is when I would take too much staggered out over a couple hours and then would wake up the next day with a nasty hangover like feeling including one hell of a headache.

it also seems headaches are a common side effect for tramadol in some people

@Psycho_Logic @Jungo871
Shit. I didn't think it was that dangerous.
What if I take tapentadol instead of tramadol? At least, tapentadol does not have as strong an action on serotonin as tramadol.
Anyway, I have a good tolerance to tramadol and have never had any problems. Do you think pregabalin is as effective as clonazepam?

I am not sure what would be safe or unsafe. Little studies have been done on kratom, and all are still pretty speculative. It is still under researched plant. I would not like to give advice for something that I am not sure about, at least from an experience. If I would give advice than I would say dont mix them, take either the tramadol or kratom.

"Mitragynine has been shown to bind in some degree to several non-opioid CNS receptors, including alpha-2 adrenergic receptor (α2R), adenosine A2a, dopamine D2, and the serotonin receptors 5-HT2C and 5-HT7, but the strength of these affinities has not been reported.33 Mitragynine analgesia has also been shown to be inhibited by α2R antagonist idazoxan and by the non-specific serotonin antagonist cyproheptadine." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5189718/

One of the few deaths that involved kratom was infact because kratom was adulterated with tramadol. I don't know the mechanism and don't want to scare, but tramadol and kratom both effect norepinephrine and serotonin so that would alarm me more than their effects on opioid receptors. I wouldn't recommend it, but if I would take both together, diazepam or clonazepam (low dose) would be my third substance. Also, as already mentioned, take lower doses of both substances than you would usually take when taken mono style.

Take care!

Were those deaths attributed to tramadol or o-desmethyltramadol adulteration?

They were atributed to o-desmethyltramadol adulteration. Yes, that is the good thing to make clear. :)

"At least nine people died in Sweden following exposure to Kratom adulterated with O-desmethyltramadol, a potent opioid analgesic. All nine patients had pulmonary congestion and/or edema on autopsy, suggestive of respiratory depression [57]. Because pure Kratom does not appear to produce respiratory failure, these fatalities were likely due to O-desmethyltramadol alone and/or synergism with mitragynine or 7-hydroxymitragynine."

I am not sure what would be safe or unsafe. Little studies have been done on kratom, and all are still pretty speculative. It is still under researched plant. I would not like to give advice for something that I am not sure about, at least from an experience. If I would give advice than I would say dont mix them, take either the tramadol or kratom.

"Mitragynine has been shown to bind in some degree to several non-opioid CNS receptors, including alpha-2 adrenergic receptor (α2R), adenosine A2a, dopamine D2, and the serotonin receptors 5-HT2C and 5-HT7, but the strength of these affinities has not been reported.33 Mitragynine analgesia has also been shown to be inhibited by α2R antagonist idazoxan and by the non-specific serotonin antagonist cyproheptadine." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5189718/

Ok. Thanks.

What about tapentadol? I know it doesn't inhibit reuptake of serotonin as much as tramadol. But on the other hand, I think it's more similar to O-DSMT, so could be more dangerous according to the death reports.

The only time tramadol gave me a headache is when I would take too much staggered out over a couple hours and then would wake up the next day with a nasty hangover like feeling including one hell of a headache.

it also seems headaches are a common side effect for tramadol in some people

Yeah. I find the tramadol pills give me more side effects than oral solutions.

What about tapentadol?

I have taken kratom, tramadol and tapentadol, but never have mixed them. I do not know what the real risks are but some data that would make me cautious is out there. When the drugs act on the same receptors/neurotransmitters than there is always potential for something to go wrong. Again, do not want to scare, this is only my opinion.

Besides, I would not even want to mix kratom with tramadol or tapentadol. Kratom gives me the cleanest feeling and I wouldnt want to mess it up with tramadol like substance. But again, that is just me. Take care!

I have taken kratom, tramadol and tapentadol, but never have mixed them. I do not know what the real risks are but some data that would make me cautious is out there. When the drugs act on the same receptors/neurotransmitters than there is always potential for something to go wrong. Again, do not want to scare, this is only my opinion.

Besides, I would not even want to mix kratom with tramadol or tapentadol. Kratom gives me the cleanest feeling and I wouldnt want to mess it up with tramadol like substance. But again, that is just me. Take care!

I think you are right. I will take kratom and nothing else.
How much kratom would be good if I frequently take 800-1000 mg. of tramadol?

I think you are right. I will take kratom and nothing else.
How much kratom would be good if I frequently take 800-1000 mg. of tramadol?
Commenting on a post 1 year later....

Supersonic89 were you detoxing / quiting the tramadol / tapentadol?

How did you do?

How are things now?

I ask as I am in the same boat asking the same questions today.

Kratom don't do shit. Maybe I had high hopes with this kratom thing.

Commenting on a post 1 year later....

Supersonic89 were you detoxing / quiting the tramadol / tapentadol?

How did you do?

How are things now?

I ask as I am in the same boat asking the same questions today.

I have tried a lot of times to quit tramadol or tapentadol but it is very difficult. Just this year I was more than three months without using and I think I am on the right track. I think that more than attacking the substance, you have to focus on the personal problems that lead you to depend on a substance.