• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Track Marks MEGA Thread v 1:Human Pin Cushion

vitamin E,variuos lotions and I have track marks on my hands on the top on my right hand that have been ther efor 5 years,altho they look like a place where i was cut with a razor blade or something,the all blended in into on mark..I know what you mean about the wrists and stuff,,i have according to the hospiyal and a dozen nurses very crokked veins in my upper arms elbow region that are hard to put in IV into becuae they go straight and the boom the go of in another direction and the nurse blows a vein...my hands have good veins,altho they are smaller,using a new rig/point /syringe etc... each time is important and injecting into the hands smaller veins means to inject slower than in other places to prevent putting more into there at one time than it can handle,,,i used heroin and other opiates for a number of years 4 to 5 injecting the whole time,an di often used my forearm,wrist,and hands,,juts rotate sites as much as possible,like each injection if you can,,use a new needle everytime especially if injecting into the hand and wrists..actually on my right hand(i can use either hand to hold the syring eand inject with ) I practiced the use of rotating sopts each time and using new needles every shot i did an dhave no noticable track marks there as opposed to my left hand .....

Lotions help mine....lotion and time. If you're still booting and you can't hit anything else they'll get nothing but worse. Use new needles, Use proper technique and rotate in the meantime to minimize damage.

Heparine ointment dissolves blood clots if there are any, but in the short term what you have is a broader light-brown spot instead of a smaller red or dark-brown one (because the clotted blood disperses). Otherwise I guess pressing on the puncture spot immediately after injection is what can make a real difference.

to avoid tracks as much as possible: new rigs every time or as often as you can, smaller gauge rigs, rotate spots, and good hygiene (if its clean it heals faster and is less likely to scar)

idk about permanent solutions but for temporary use i use a womens makeup cover-up stick, its like a lipstick but for covering facial blemishes. dont try to shoot in a spot that has this shit on it tho, and make sure the wound has healed before you put it on.

Arnica is a great topical treatment for bruising/cuts/scars. That stuff is miraculous.

I hate u dumb ass posters!! Aarrrggthhhhh!

For the love of christ's pet monkey, if you were sooooo in dire need of help with track marks maybe you could do a search, or even LOOK at the thread titles for a few pages, where you would have found the lovely thread I started just 2 weeks ago called AVOIDING TRACK MARKS in which there is all kinds of tips and tricks.

But no, you just start a whiny new thread "help me help me."

Really why do any of us bother posting helpful info when no one even bothers looking through the incredible wealth of knowledge and advice offered by members in days, weeks, months and years past.

Seriously, people who claim to "need help now" and haven't bothered to look for an answer either don't really need help or should just look under a moving bus.

We have already had previous threads with the same subject matter.

Triple antibiotic ointment is the way to go.

As for hitting the wrist - I constantly use this vein because it's incredibly easy for me to use (considering I have 31g needles, 5/16" in length, and I only push 5 units of solution at a time...) - veins in the arms are better if you are new to shooting and haven't gotten the technique down yet.

Foundation is the magic cure. I have 2 inch tracks on both arms and it takes all the redness out and makes it look like it never happened.

Also new rigs are the best. Coke is a vasoconstrictor and can cause bruising because of that.

-lenses

Foundation is the magic cure. I have 2 inch tracks on both arms and it takes all the redness out and makes it look like it never happened.

Also new rigs are the best. Coke is a vasoconstrictor and can cause bruising because of that.

-lenses

You are correct on all counts lenses! :)

A cream offered by dermatologists called "biafine" (pronounced bye-a-feen) is specifically designed to make skin heal faster.

It works very well on track marks. If you can get a free sample tube (one of those will last a year for track marks) get one. You can try just walking into any derm's office and see if they are willing to give you one. Worth a try.

I am getting back into this addiction and am looking for help. I'll have to read a lot, later but feel that I've read enough for now.
I am reviving this thread because it should be made into a permanent sticky thread with more specifics. Of course, I have been using an upper White Rush "bath salt" and am coming down now so perhaps you may be able to bare with me.

I want to have the ability to use the veins in my feet but am having difficulty because they are so sensitive it sometimes hurts too much to puncture the skin and to try to get that needle into that vein. When I do puncture the skin, the blood rarely registers. I am going to try some different gauges to see if they hurt less. Perhaps a topical anesthetic like menthol may help the pain as well. I would try something like dimethocaine but fear receiving a false-positive since I'm in a drug court program. Plus I'm taking enough risks with these damned "bath salts" and blessed research chemicals. Does anyone have any advice on getting into veins that aren't so obvious?

How does make-up sound and how do I find the right color? Does anyone know of any long sleeve shirts that breath very well but aren't too thin? Where is a thorough source for this topic?

Man, I should have at least been trying to experiment with my ideas but don't have work until tomorrow so . . .Thank you. And here follows is my hour+ long attempt gaining some respect at BL and at fixing the fixing of others' veins:

HEAL
TOPICAL SOLUTIONS
- Cocoa Butter
- Neosporin
- Aloe Extract
- Vitamin E lotion
Diet
-well balanced diet
-probably just eating period
- lots of vitamins and minerals particularly C and E
HIDE
CLOTHING
- long sleeves
MAKE-UP

ALTERNATE
VEINS
- crooks of arms
- arms
- hands
- feet
- toes?
- legs
NEEDLES
- 30+ gauge
- unused
TECHNIQUE
- Have good lighting so you can see it well and know when you're "in" without registering.
- If you have to register and are seeing that bubbly-looking vacuum, SLOWLY move that needle around until that vacuum is filled with blood.
EXCUSES
- I'm an addict.
- I have this disease (addiction if you're talking to an NA/AA/CA/XA member) that requires me to stick needles in my arms. Seriously though, is there any medical excuse for IV use. The nurse isn't very good at her job only works for long.
- I have this hobby/job that gives me bruises that look a lot like IV addiction.
ABSTINENCE
- Stop using substances.
- XA (AA/NA/CA/OA)
- Therapy
- Eating
- Stop using the needle
- Inhale it
- Snort it
- Plug (Lube up, insert syringe without needle into anal cavity, press down on plunger until liquid is in tick it up your bottom)
- Eat
- Stop using the needle excessively.
- Meditation
- Sexual Intercourse
- Intimacy
- Psychedelics
- Eating

I started eating more healthfully, and surprise, it seems my body handling is the abuse much better

Last edited:
I keep saying this in every thread concerning care about veins...

Check kitchen for baking soda (NaHCO3, sodium bicarbonate). Add little water so you get a mash. Apply the mash to the place where the damaged vein is and around it, use bandage. It helps a lot in vein inflammation, NaHCO3 kills bacteria. The solution has slightly alkaline pH and bacteria don't like it.

Tips for not getting track marks:
- for each shot use new needle and syringe
- switch veins if you shoot very often
- don't inject hot solution right away after cooking! it's not healthy for veins

^ Thank you for the tip, adder. I think I should "adder" it to my list, especially for times without access to any anti-bacterial ointment.

... i cant even wait for the rush to wear off before a prep another shot, no way im gonna take 4 mins on my legs or ankles....
Well, you should. Not only would it have prevented vein dammage, but fumbling around for an alternative site would've prevented your shooting up C in quick succession. Many overdoses have been avoided by shrinking veins forcing users to waste time between shots.

P.S. : they say applying pressure for two minutes immediately after the shot miminizes the track. Difficult to carry out with the rush taking over though.

Once the tracks are there, getting a good suntan diminishes the contrast on white skin.

Last edited:
I've heard good things about cocoa butter, but personally I didn't see any significant change compared to lotions. Ointment works best IMO.

I got tattoos to cover all of my tracks because when I got off the needle it annoyed the fuck out of me to have such visible tracks in obvious places.

Getting rid of track marks

hey, i know there have been other threads made regarding this topic, but i have a slightly different situation. I've been incarcerated for 5 months and out for about a half month now and i still have my track marks showing really badly, i'm not using anymore and wont be using so i'm wondering what else besides neosporin can help heal the track marks? I've heard lemons and lemon juice so if anyone knows if this works or something else, can you please let me know..

PS- I don't know if this thread is in the appropriate forum, so if it is moved can someone please PM me where it was moved too, thank you.

i don't post on here due to the goofiness of the thread cops and my disagreement with the message board heroes who post just to post.

i find this concern to be very popular with people who been incarcerated. i myself went in with track marks, they didn't seem to go away like they did when i stopped using iv before. i think it is due to the lack of light, poor diet, and poor air circulation in jail.

i used palmers cocoa butter with vit e. use the purest one in the jar. it works wonders. hope you get this message. let your arms air out for half the day, then use cocoa butter for the other half of the day. works the best.

chemical peel, microdermabrasion, Laser resurfacing, Dermabrasion, Fractional laser therapy

other then that just keep the area scared clean and lotioned to reduce appearance of scars. Most should fade over time as long as you keep clean and lotioned

edit: cocoa butter is mainly used to prevent scaring, although like lotion it will help the physical appearance

vitamin e capsules........break em on your skin and rub em on the tracks