• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Track Marks MEGA Thread v 1:Human Pin Cushion

I went to have tracks lasered to remove dark spots after I quit shooting 3 years ago. First two years, spots were lighter than surrounding skin in summer when tan, now they are still visable, but blend in perfectly.

FC

rnquf1dhtvsfa8tqno3z.jpg

You need to remember that cocaine is in itself corrosive to the vein. If you want to preserve your veins, I would switch to something else for IV.

I was reading a few archives. and I cant get a good answer on the Q's I had. If you have a track mark--healed but its a brown spot now..dunno if its from scar tissues or what not. Would applying aloe vera, vitamin E, coca butter, antioxidants lotions help it fade more?

I used Mederma on my tracks and it seemed to help, but you have to use it everyday 3 times a day for weeks before you start noticing any change. Even then, it's been 4-ish months now since I quit using and I have only recently begun to wear short sleeves again. You can still see the scars too, but they just aren't as noticeable anymore (plus I've given up on caring so much about what other people think). It's summer in socal and it's too fucking hot for long sleeves, lol.

But yeah, time is the only thing that's going to make any real difference. 4 months later and mine are still obviously there, but unless you were deliberately staring at my inner elbows then I don't think you'd notice them. They do seem to get darker whenever I exercise or take a hot shower, though.

you may also apply a generous amount of triple antibiotic right after the shot...it works well for coke, not sure about everything else

You only want to use a conservative amount of triple antibiotic ointment ONCE per day on your injection sites, but you also want to give your sites 10-20 minutes after the last shot of the day to heal before applying.

If you apply too much/too often, it's likely to make the situation worse instead of better. Triple antibiotic stretches me an awful long time.

there is no way i would shoot any place besides my arm when doing coke. its just too much hassle to go anywhere else besides where you know you have the best chance of getting a direct hit. i cant even wait for the rush to wear off before a prep another shot, no way im gonna take 4 mins on my legs or ankles....10 seconds hitting the arm, g. havent done it in years and i still have HORRIBLE marks.

I have been a Heroin/drug addict and IV user for over 20 years. One thing that works wonders on IV track marks is Preparation H...yes the hemorroid medication. In my opinion it is probably the cortisone that is in the cream that is so helpful. As far as bruising...time and ice is all that I know of. You could also try a quick purification of the coke by basifying it and then turning it back to the hydrochloride after filtering off the trash. Good luck.

If you want to discuss how to encourage your track marks to heal, here's the place to do it.

ugly reminder.. tracks

so ive been IVing H for less than 4 months but have been smoking it for about 2 years. anywho, i havent IV'd dope in almost a month now but still have very visable tracks on my right and left wrists (the only place i was ever able to hit)

so my question is: Can anyone recommend anything to speed up the healing process? vitamins? lotions, creams? anything?

Everytime i look down at my wrists its an ugly constant reminder...

thanks

BEST thing would be to rotate sites and allow heavily used areas to heal. There is an excellent thread here about proper IV technique (which it sounds like you could benefit from) that also outlines the risks of Iv'ing.

Also, yes, the OTC scar lotions can be very effective, but you have to apply it religiously several times a day to see real results. Again, resting an area is the best thing.

why the wrist? isnt that one of the more dangerous spots? seems like your arms would be good to go.

Yeah, wrists are more risky than the inner elbows due to shallower arteries, longer healing time, and more fragile veins.

I've heard good things about vit e. Also, neosporin right after an injection seems to help.

The best thing you can do is try to avoid scarring in the first place. Choose a better location to shoot, rotate veins, and ALWAYS use a syringe only once.

Yeah, wrists are more risky than the inner elbows due to shallower arteries, longer healing time, and more fragile veins.

I've heard good things about vit e. Also, neosporin right after an injection seems to help.

The best thing you can do is try to avoid scarring in the first place. Choose a better location to shoot, rotate veins, and ALWAYS use a syringe only once.

thanks for the replies guys. ive been using neosporin *sp and it doesnt really seem to do much. but the reason for my wrists is because its the easiest place for me to hit a vein.

im 6'1 280lb so im a big guy, i cant find anything in these fat arms! as far as rotating goes..i switch from my right to left and left to right arm..haha. im not really concerned about it right now because ive been clean for awhile now.

and for the poster who suggested the IV tech thread..ive honestly lurked and trolled the forum for tips. towards the last weeks of using, i started slamming the top portions of my hands. i have very visable veins there. its just shitty putting the needle in because my skin is so thick there...

thanks!

Neosporin/antibiotic skin cream for cuts and whatnot works better than i feel like it should for me. Helps heal up without scaring very nicely. After a few hours of shooting coke or dope and my arms look disgusting i start freaking out but by the morning they are almost completely healed and barley visible. Doesn't work as well for my girlfriend as it does for me though so idk. It could just be that i use it way more often than she does, sometimes after almost every shot. And usually once or twice a few hours after im done. Works really well for me.