• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[TOUR] DAFT PUNK IS PLAYING @ MY HOUSE!? Daft Punk REVIEWS!!!

i ended up jumping the fence as did a lot of other people at riverstage...i got in just in time for presets, and was peaking throughout daft punk. amazing stuff. one of the best nights of my life! i can't believe they didn't play digital love though :(

Apparently the Melb gig blew peoples minds. People who thought it would be average were blown away.

Makes me wish I had of gone!!

Next time.

Hope you Sydney peeps are having fun. Last Friday was amazing in Melbs. <3

^ let's have some more indepth reviews then!

i feel like your northern hemisphere fluffer. <3 =D

good show. very good show. but i'd hardly call it best night of my life and so on as others have. daft seems to have a quirky habit of suggesting tracks way in advance and reprising them again later. nifty as this is, it got a bit tedious.
they don't hold a candle next to the chemical brothers imo.

maybe watching them sober had something to do with it. but then again, the last time CB's toured i saw them twice completely sober and i enjoyed them just as much as i always do.

nice to see a couple of bluelighters. i'm disappointed i never saw chopsey, green falcon or rated e.

They were good.

We sat in the stands up the top to fully appreciate the light show and I wasn't disappointed.

That said, I had more fun dancing to the Presets. But they are one of my all time favs.

stuffeyesaw528so9.jpg

stuffeyesaw529gm2.jpg

katmeow, me and donny don't

oh, after i took the missus to the toilets and got some water, we came back and couldn't find you guys.

edit: pics edited pending approval of the innocent

Last edited:
i was also really put off by the crowd. i aint even seen so many hideously dressed hipsters all in the one place. it was revolting. like a terrible quasi 80's tshirt fuckin parade.

L2R said:
nice to see a couple of bluelighters. i'm disappointed i never saw chopsey, green falcon or rated e.

haha

I thought we were meeting at one of the cigarette stands (I didn't see that last post about the red bull tent). So just before 6 I started at one side of the venue and walked around to all the cigarette stands (probably passed the red bull tent on the way, but you get that) then I gave up.

I also went up to some dude who looked a lot like L2R and said "hey are you L2R?" and he said "no." So yeaa.

Daft Punk waz sick going to bed now possibly write some mroe shit later peace

Fuck, I suppose I should have checked this thread for the meetup. Whoops.

L2R, I thought it was the best night of my life. But then again, I'm not seeing Chemical Brothers until March, so that could change.

Absolutely awesome day. The wait to get in was VERY bad. Stuck in the middle of a tightly wedged crowd with no water for two fucking hours. Then of course, they ran out of wristbands two people before us. Didn't seem to really matter though, because the security guards weren't even trying.

Seeing Daft was definitely an experience I will remember. It must've been good, because, for the first time in about two years, I took off my Jaded Shoes and danced my arse off for about 3 hours.

Fuck there was some morons in the crowd. So many failed attempts at fashion. I don't care if you think Fluro isn't dead, FUCK OFF!

Put your fucking collar down! If you're going to wear a cap, mold the brim to your head. Don't leave it perfectly straight! GAH!!! Lazy fucking fashion.

Yes, everyone can see your "I AM MY BROTHERS KEEPER" tattoo. Stop showing it to everyone. Noone thinks you're cool. You look like the imbred douchebag you are.

Otherwise a fantastic night all in all. Now all that remains is to somehow fall asleep.

L2R said:
they don't hold a candle next to the chemical brothers imo.
hey, did i tell you i saw them again last weekend, in london? ;)

L2R said:
maybe watching them [daft punk] sober had something to do with it.
wtf. who are you and what happened to the lefty that i used to think was pretty cool? call yourself a bluelighter? 8)

:D

felix said:
hey, did i tell you i saw them again last weekend, in london? ;)

how were they? i'm seeing them twice in march! can't wait.

wtf. who are you and what happened to the lefty that i used to think was pretty cool? call yourself a bluelighter? 8)

*sniff* :(

Jimity said:
Put your fucking collar down! If you're going to wear a cap, mold the brim to your head. Don't leave it perfectly straight! GAH!!! Lazy fucking fashion.

That cap is a new style called 'New Era'. The brim is wider and shorter, its mean to be flat. Actually, I have one and its impossible to 'mold' the brim. Its stiff as all fck. :p

They played a full Daft Punk album on jjj the other night. It was great, I was in my car driving for the whole set. :)

well...

getting my new tickets back after having my original ones cancelled sucked, i was in line for at least 30 mins... with the dogs nice and close... made for great conversation

finally got in around 3ish i think... still got wristbands... kids in front of us got done with fake id's...

caught up with donny dont and katmeow. both kinda randomly walking around, which was interesting.

basically was down in the arena from muscles onwards, really lost track of time... and i dont think there was ever a chance of me making the meet.

muscles was... ok... that is being nice...

cut copy were good...

presets... fuckin amazing, they are by far my fave aussie act... over all the other shit rock bands that i have loved for ever... a few new songs... a few old songs... NOTHING OFF THE EP :( or maybe there was... no idea...

those international dj's that i cant remember the name of where alright... dropping killing in the name of will always win my heart... good warm up to...

DAFT... FUCKIN... PUNK!!! wow... the set was predictable as shit if you have listened to alive 2007... but wow... i was dumbstruck by their show i really did not dance... besides the odd jumping up and down and singing... maybe you can call that dancing. I still have technologic stuck in my head... it just so much more ballsy live... wow

sucked getting home. trying to find a cab on parramatta road... didnt get home till 1 and we were 10 mins away!

sorry L2R for not catching up man, we will for sure at future!

Yes, gotta say that the crowd in Melbourne were a bit shite too. We were sitting in the park before the gates opened watching the procession of people pass us and everyone looked about 12. Was annoyed cos I could bet that more than half of them didn't even know who Daft Punk are, and were going along purely because of all the hype.

Also, I thought Cut Copy sucked. I'd never seen them before, and was actually really looking forward to hearing them play cos I like 'em a lot. And what a disappointment.

Nice reviews people. I can't be bothered writing anything in depth.

As has been mentioned, Daft Punk were amazing. Probably the best live music experience ever. And that's what it was, an experience.

Sure it was probably almost the exact same set they always play. But it's a fucking awesome set. And I did pick up a few differences in the set (to the Coachella one that I've been listening to). I will most likely be picking up Alive 2007 after that.

Spoiler alert:

NSFW:
The encore was a highlight. Didn't think it was going to happen, but then they came back out and played a beat that I hadn't heard before. In the encore I heard the riff from Music Sounds Better With You in there, and the lyrics from Human After All and Together.

The other highlight being Da Funk with Steam Machine.

the latest 2 rumours i have heard since the event are...

that was the last show the pyramid was ever going to be used at... i find that interesting, and would feel special if it was true... wow

the other was...

they did a 2 hour set at the civic hotel in the city still in robot uniforms and the place went mental!

would of died to of been there...

All I have to say about daft punk is if you missed out it must suck to be you.

I had an excellent day. After running late and resigning ourselves to being in the stands, we got a message saying the wristband thing had been cancelled. So we strolled over at around 4.30 and pretty much walked straight through the gates.

Had a lovely day people watching, catching up with friends and checking out a few of the other acts, then lined up a good spot to watch Daft Punk. I have to say, I had bought a ticket mainly on other people's recommendations, not because I was a massive fan or anything, but I really enjoyed the set. The lighting was awesome and the music was rocking. Good times :)

I also thought the crowd was one of the best I've seen for one that size. Despite some of the misguided attempts at fashion, everyone seemed to be out for a good time. Didn't see a whole lot of overly munted or aggressive people and when the event was over people just strolled out without pushing anyone. The Elvis was a nice touch ;)

14.gif
from me.

hey..

are you saying i was not the best dressed person there...

im sure you took pictures of me...

my personal fave was the dude in the west coast jersey, cousin's number, skins on for pants and "Such Is Life" scribbled over his belly button