• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Top drugs you did not try?

Ketamine, PCP, opium, MDPV, DMT - these 5 I would have wanted to try. Maybe a couple RCs as well.

I have never used:

Heroin
Opium
Fentanyl
Crack
Kratom
Ketamine on purpose
PCP
Quaaludes
Inhalants
Morning Glory Seeds
Absinthe
Nitrous
DXM - medicinally in cough medicine? Yes, recreationally? No
BENADRYL recreationally? no
Purple drank (promethazine and codeine syrup

AMT/DMT

Interested in trying The tryptamines but not anything else.

Last edited:
I've never tried mescaline but would like to. Another one is PCP but that is one I'll never touch.

Only two I can think of that I have wanted to try but never been able to were DMT for that mystical experience and mescaline (closest I got to the latter would be 2CB which I adore. Acid was great too. The idea of MDMA repulses me now with its forced empathy and friendship with people). My psychedelic years are quite far behind me but I would give both a go given the opportunity and in the right set and setting. Otherwise I'm pretty well covered in terms of big drugs here and the weird new ones that showed up when RCs were legal (MXE was sold as ketamine during a drought - had a trip in which I thought I had to kill my friend like in Conrad's 'Heart of Darkness' or Apocalypse Now. My mate had gone psycho and I thought he was like Kurtz and on a mission to kill him. Dunno why I mentioned it just saw the Op mention MXE and I had it by accident and it was memorable).

All sorts and there are lots of cool looking psychedelics I'd like to experience but I don't feel like I'm at the right point in life now. Nowadays it's downers merely to keep the anxiety at bay and the odd recreational blow out with GABA or dopamine ticklers on the downer end of the scale.

Naming what I have used would take too long and I'd keep remembering things I'd forgotten - drugs were a part of the culture I grew up in and have been in every other culture/subculture since up until recent years. The worst in my opinion in terms of capacity to ruin lives is alcohol. Worse than heroin. Coke/crack is up there too although thankfully that didn't grip me in the way the former two did.

Last edited:
Only two I can think of that I have wanted to try but never been able to were DMT for that mystical experience and mescaline (closest I got to the latter would be 2CB which I adore.
DMT is pretty commonly available thesedays, and is most definitely worth a go - gotta get the technique right to fully experience it but it's not that hard - I mean I had a full breakthrough experience on my first attempt with 50mg

DMT is pretty commonly available thesedays, and is most definitely worth a go - gotta get the technique right to fully experience it but it's not that hard - I mean I had a full breakthrough experience on my first attempt with 50mg
Yeah I reckon I could get my hands on some through old friends who I know have done it and would know people who are into their psychedelics (and who probably always will be). Or maybe have a shot at a darknet as I've started
considering that for certain things. The people I got psychedelics from were always highly interesting people, obviously selling the drugs because they cared about them in a way. Not like dealers selling the popular stuff (coke, crack, heroin, even MDMA and other party drugs in some cases). You never hear about LSD dealers shooting each other over market rivalries or whatever.

Anyway maybe one day but I doubt I'll do too much to seek it out any time soon. DMT is deffo a bucket list kinda thing for me however.

I'll have to think for a bit and get back to y'all on what I haven't tried. Anything with a lot of letters&numbers that was just invented/available in the last 10 to15 years is probably on the list. Also ketamine.

To those wishing you'd tried methaqualone (Quaalude, Sopor, Mandrax)-- have you ever taken some benzos and washed em down with booze?
That's what methaqualone is like.
You might have fun, but you won't remember it.

Last edited:
I'll have to think for a bit and get back to y'all on what I haven't tried. Anything with a lot of letters&numbers that was just invented/available in the last 10 to15 years is probably on the list. Also ketamine.

To those wishing you'd tried methaqualone (Quaalude, Sopor, Mandrax)-- have you ever taken some benzos and washed em down with booze?
That's what methaqualone was like.
You might have fun, but you won't remember it.
In actually have always wanted to try quaaludes due to the whole cultural mystique about them but never heard of them being available (seen Telegram "plus" claiming to have them as well as dodgy clearnet sites but I don't believe it). Heard that they are big in parts of South Africa, the country and other countries in the reason.

Would you say that they are overrated? I've washed plenty of benzos down with booze and had a good time but people talk about ludes, mandrax and whatever as being some beautiful long lost drug that everybody and their mothers loved.

Would you say that they are overrated?
Yes.

They were no more euphoric than alcohol, benzos, or barbs. Just strong-- especially if you drank with them, as almost everybody did.

We used to call them Stumble Biscuits.

Yes.

They were no more euphoric than alcohol, benzos, or barbs. Just strong-- especially if you drank with them, as almost everybody did.

We used to call them Stumble Biscuits.
Yeah always heard that people ended up in terrible states but also some old heads have talked as if they were the greatest drug since diamorphine or LSD (depending on preferences and reasons of course). I heard that they made people horny too and were big for that reason in the clubs in the 70s, no doubt mixed with speed and of course drink.

There is the story - or stories - of Syd Barrett putting a load of vaseline on his head with Mandrax pills sprinkled on top, on stage when performing, which made it looked like his face was melting under the heavy stage lights as his head was frying with all the acid and other shit he was on, always found that intriguing.

Also are Quaaludes and Mandrax the same drug, methaqualone? I might have read your post wrong but that was the impression I got. I thought it was a barb too, dunno why. I think its because I saw a thing about people in South Africa using Quaaludes and smoking them and I've heard the term "tooting barbs" from an old gangster which referred to smoking barbiturates.

Given that you know your stuff, what about barbs and how do they compare to benzos if at all? Were they fun? Seems like everyone was on them and mixing them with speed in the 60s and 70s, as well as Quaaludes. This is just from what I've heard and I've always been curious, especially about methaqualone. Barbs too though given that they were hugely popular. Are there any around today that are still prescribed? (Sorry I know I can just google this stuff but its good to hear from people who were there).

Last edited:
Crack. Ive underestimated blow , and it s getting tricky, this one will fuck me up forever.
Ayahuasca, Peyote, that kind if thing : scary.

I ld like to try this Opana u guys always talk about

I heard that they made people horny too and were big for that reason in the clubs.....Also are Quaaludes and Mandrax the same drug, methaqualone? ....what about barbs and how do they compare to benzos if at all? Were they fun?
On 'ludes, inhibitions disappear. So yeah, they were popular for "loosening up"...and date rape. Just ask Bill Cosby.

Yes, Q & M are both methaqualone.

Barbiturates are very similar to benzodiazepines but seem to have a little more of the feel-good factor. They are also very easy to OD on-- which I did a few times. I once woke up in ICU on a ventilator, having been comatose for several days. I still did barbs a few times after that. I loved the damn things.

Because of high abuse potential and the fact that a tiny bit too much can kill you, they are rarely prescribed these days. I think epileptics still get ultra-low dose phenobarbital.

Pentobarbital is still used for animal euthanasia and capital punishment. It's absolutely the way I'd like to go (almost did!) -- one minute you're happy, relaxed & fuzzy, the next minute, nothing. It's like falling asleep when you're pleasantly drunk.

5-meo-dmt as well. ok ill be honest. *cracks a single tear. DMT in general. I fear I did not have a dose where I broke through thoroughly, or perhaps it was not real etc etc......but a real DMT experience with the ''fairies'' or w/e I definitely lack.