Scanner —The Quick and the Dead

Jake Slazenger (Mike Paradinas) - Das Ist Ein Groovybeat, Ja

Amon Tobin —Bricolage

compilations:

Excursions — Mo Wax

Blech — Warp

Headz 2a/2b — Mo Wax

Lily of the Valley — Schematic

There are some fantastic lists in this thread. 'Twould make an excellent compilation. On CD for longer playtime and continuity, though vinyl would be more far more satisfying. Maybe on vinyl but indicated for play on 2 turntables. In cardboard sleeves, with custom artwork on each album and within each sleeve. Sigh. For the want of money…

Last edited:
Portishead - Dummy/Portishead (I believe most consider this EDM....IF so I cant believe nobody has mentioned anything by them....especially at the time it came out...it was so original...and it still holds very well today)
LTJ Bukem - Logical Progression
Klute - Lie, Cheat & Steal
High Contrast - Colours
Sasha - Airdrawndagger
Astral Projection - In the Mix
CPU - Central Processing Unit
Crystal Method - Vegas
Shpongle - Are You Shpongled?
BT - This Binary Universe

Last edited:
1. Shpongle - Tales of the inexpressible
moods: love, emotions, philosophy, nature, the 3rd eye, love for the variety of cultures, mind - opening, broadens your horizon while on psychedelics, ...

2. Boards of Canada - Music has the right to children
moods: humor, weird tunes, relaxing, euphoria, the tempo of this album is very pleasing while on psychedelics, ...

3. Pantha du Prince - This Bliss
moods: clerical, weird samples, nature, romantic, shamanic, religious, philosophical, ...

4. Aphex twin - I care because you do ... (not suitable for noobs, pretty challenging on lsd for example)
mood: dark, weird, twisted, the mind of richard d. james aka aphex twin is a difficult thing to deal with especially on psychedelics, ...

5. Extrawelt - Schöne Neue Extrawelt
mood: digital world, dark, warm, bass surrounds your body, technical, future, nature, dreams, lucid, ...

6. Kruder & Dorfmeister - the K&D Sessions
mood: stoned, downtempo, world music, variety, romantic, love, euphoria, melancholy, cultures, around the world, around the world of music, relaxing, chillout,...

7. Aphex twin - Analords 1 - 11 (same suggestion for beginners like given above for "Aphex Twin's - I care because you do...")
mood: dark, twisted, crazy, experimental, the mind of richard d james is a difficult but very mind blowing thing to handle, ...

8. Thievery Corporation - The Cosmic Game
mood: love, romance, around the world, downtempo, philosophy, melancholy, understanding what makes the world spin and what maybe really counts in your life, ...

9. Sun Project - Sexperimental
mood: goa, trance, psychedelic, industrial, no need to say more, a classic on psychedelics, ...

10. Massive Attack - Protection
mood: melancholy, love, trip hop, downtempo, relaxing, makes you think about a lot of things in life while on psychedelic drugs, romance, ...

my top 10 electronic music albums in random order :)

mostly idm and psytrance from the past few years but there are some 90's albums in the mix too.

luke vibert - we hear you
boc - music has the right to children
the flashbulb - soundtrack to a vacant life
shpongle (simon psoford) - nothing lasts
µ-ziq - tango n' vectif
ott - blumenkraft
boc - geogaddi
the prodigy - fat of the land
shpongle (simon psoford) - are you shpongled ?
wisp- humpelndenBEATS

Crysal Castles - Crystal Castles (Second Album)
Anjunabeats Vol 8 - Mixed by Above&Beyond
Simian Mobile Disco - Fabriclive 41
Leftfield - Leftism
Groove Armada - Hello Country, Goodbye Nightclub
Faithless - Outrospective

Just a few more gems to add to the collection :D

My favourite is dj tiesto elements of life or gatecrasher 2009. (black case) disk 3

1. Bassnectar - Mesmerizing the Ultra/Diverse Systems of Throb
2. The Crystal Method - Vegas
3. Filling Up the City Skies - Pretty Lights
4. Shpongle - Tales of the Inexpressible
5. STS9 - Artifact
6. The Chemical Brothers - Dig Your Own Hole
7. Bassnectar - Underground Communication
8. Shpongle - Ineffable Mysteries from Shpongleland
9. Big Gigantic - Fire It Up
10. Agobi Project - Debut Self-Titled EP

A list of current favourites (in no particular order):
VA - Backroom Beats 2
Nicolas Jaar - Space Is Only Noise
Underworld - Barking
Sasha - Xpander EP
Ott - Mir
Dominik Eulberg – Daten-Übertragungs-Küsschen Remixes
Max Cooper - Harmonisch Serie
Bonobo - Black Sands
Samuel L Session – Inner City Dust Vol.2
Roof Light - In Your Hands EP

10 artist albums rather than compilations / mix cds is quite hard I find. Most of my overall favourites tend to be mixed compilations.

But here goes, in no particular order:

1. Aquasky - Team Players
2. Freestylers - raw as fuck (remixed)
3. Ils - Bohemia
4. Stanton Warriors - The Warriors
5. The Prodigy - Fat Of The Land
6. John B - Electrostep
7. Chase & Status - More Than A Lot
8. Sarah McLachlan - Bloom Remix
9. Cosmic Gate - Earthmover
10. Sonic Animation - Orchid for the afterworld

All of these have struggled to leave the car cd player over the years.

First post :)

In no particular order....

Jean michel Jarre - Oxygene
Jean Michel Jarre - Equinoxe
Aphex Twin - SAW 85-92
Apex Twin - I care because you do!
Kraftwerk - the man machine
The Prodigy -Experience
Vangelis - Blade Runner OST

so i dont really know much albums since im a download freak but my favourite album has to be Cream Ibiza - Eddie Halliwell & Sander Van Doorn... more specifically the sander van doorn disc... by far the best money i have ever spent

Wow, lot of you guys have an older taste I guess. Well, here I go. I really hope some of you guys take a listen to some of these albums if you haven't already, I definitely will be checking out what's on some of your top 10's.

Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma: This album literally opened up a new way of making music before. Prior to this, I never really understood how electronic music can express emotions in such a chaotic yet soothing way. This album mixes elements of jazz, electro, hip hop, world, etc. etc. and meshes it all into one. This album is what the big bang sounds like.

LCD Soundsystem - This is Happening: This is kind of like a "mature" album.

Soulwax - Nite Versions: Whoooo. This album is the perfect going-out album for me. It just makes me ready to go out and party all damn night, not giving a fuck.

Boys Noize - Oi Oi Oi: Such, such beautiful electro. I really like this album because BN does everything very stylishly. He has dirtier, simpler tunes like, "& Down" but also has really beautiful, cold, washed out songs like "Shine Shine" It's just the perfect album to cruise to and party to.

Siriusmo - Mosaik: Really kinda weird stuff. Very German sounding. Interesting sounds and songs. Very very original. I would say more but I really don't know how to describe this. Just...check out, "Idiologie"

The Bloody Beetroots - Romborama: Kind of the first electro album that I really listened to a lot. One of my best friends played "Fucked From Above 1985" for me when I was drunk as fuck and ever since then it's been my go-to uplifting track.

Justice - Cross: FAVORITE ALBUM ON THIS LIST, IT'S JUST SO FUN AND COOL AND GOOD.

Daft Punk - Discovery: The bells at the beginning of "Aerodynamic" take me back to the days when I was little kid in Catholic school and I would hear the church bells. Or at the clock tower in my high school (public, though, not Catholic). "One More Time" takes me back to when I first heard Daft Punk in 5th grade and when my parents would fight, but I didn't give a fuck because I heard Daft Punk, who was super cool. Never before has an electronic album had such a nostalgic and profound effect on me. That is, until I hear all these albums when I'm 40.

Digitalism - Idealism: This and Cross will forever be associated with Summer 2010: The Lost Summer.

SebastiAn - Total: Any album that can harbor influences from Rage Against the Machine, Prince and Mayer Hawthorne is alright with me. Half funk-electro, half metal-electro, this album is very tastefully done.

Wow, lot of you guys have an older taste I guess.

I think it's a little easier to be confident about the quality of older releases. When you've been combing back to a release for 5+ years, I think you can be pretty sure that you're going to like this album for the rest of your life (on some level).

Armin van Buuren - Imagine
Bassnectar - Wildstyle EP
The Crystal Method - Vegas
The Crystal Method - Tweekend
Deadmau5 - 4x4=12
Infected Mushroom - Vicious Delicious
Nero - Welcome Reality
Swedish House Mafia - Until One
Tiesto - Elements of Life Remixed
Wolfgang Gartner - Weekend in America