• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Took far too much mdma at the weekend and now I'm in a bad way

No supplements won't help in this case (if at all, I'm still not convinced).
Everyone recommends doing the lsd then the mdma. I don't think think there's a notable cross tolerance due to different method of receptor activation, but the reason for suggesting that order is what BlueBull mentioned that it's not a good idea to trip on a comedown. However if you can get enough sleep the second day and you usually wake up to having some nice afterglow then go ahead and drop the acid.

It's probably not worth the risk. Is there any other gear that doesn't deplete serotonin? I thought MCAT might fit the bill for the 2nd night, but clearly this wouldn't be a good idea.

Yeah, MCAT (methcatinone and NOT MMCAT which is methylmethcatinone [aka. mephedrone] a potent serotonin releaser) seems to be okay. In case I read it right and it's only a dopamine reuptake inhibitor.

note: speculation goes that dopamine is attracted to the serotonin receptors, causing oxidative stress in abscence of serotonin (which is pretty depleted the day after a roll).

Yeah, MCAT (methcatinone and NOT MMCAT which is methylmethcatinone [aka. mephedrone] a potent serotonin releaser) seems to be okay. In case I read it right and it's only a dopamine reuptake inhibitor.

note: speculation goes that dopamine is attracted to the serotonin receptors, causing oxidative stress in abscence of serotonin (which is pretty depleted the day after a roll).

Fairly certain the stuff I have is mephedrone haha. Oh well, maybe I'll take it easy on one of the nights.

I haven't touched drugs in over 2 months. The binge that I refered to in this thread was on the 29th/30th August, it is now November.

Oh snaps, lol. My bad, I missed that by a mile. Ignore what I said.

Party on then. That's plenty of break time.

Fairly certain the stuff I have is mephedrone haha. Oh well, maybe I'll take it easy on one of the nights.
Oops. Okay, there are two other options I can think of but going easy after a roll is always a good idea. :)
Amphetamine (not meth) - stimulant (euphorant in recr. doses) one of the most common stuff
2C-B - psychedelic phenetylamine with massive euphoria, has entactogenic qualities and a hallocinogen (some light visuals of acid) without the mindfuck of lsd.

There's no proper substitute for mdma that resembles it's headspace without serotonin release imho.

Last edited:
Oops. Okay, there are two other options I can think of but going easy after a roll is always a good idea. :)
Amphetamine (not meth) - stimulant (euphorant in recr. doses) one of the most common stuff
2C-B - psychedelic phenetylamine with massive euphoria, has entactogenic qualities and a hallocinogen (some light visuals of acid) without the mindfuck of lsd.

There's no proper substitute for mdma that resembles it's headspace without serotonin release imho.

I appreciate the pointers, I'll have to see if that stuff is available in my area.

Regardless of what I decide to do, do you think taking 5-HTP in between the 2 nights is a good idea?

Regardless of what I decide to do, do you think taking 5-HTP in between the 2 nights is a good idea?

Well, it's not going to cause any harm but shouldn't be overly necessary if you're taking appropriate doses of tested MDMA where most people don't experience comedowns. There's also a lot of debate regarding how efficient 5-HTP actually is at replenishing serotonin. It appears that most of it will be metabolized before it reaches the brain meaning it's ultimately useless for serotonin replenishment. Then again, the body and brain is in a different state post-MDMA. If anything you might get a placebo boost from it anyway and it won't cause any harm in reasonable doses.

Well, it's not going to cause any harm but shouldn't be overly necessary if you're taking appropriate doses of tested MDMA where most people don't experience comedowns. There's also a lot of debate regarding how efficient 5-HTP actually is at replenishing serotonin. It appears that most of it will be metabolized before it reaches the brain meaning it's ultimately useless for serotonin replenishment. Then again, the body and brain is in a different state post-MDMA. If anything you might get a placebo boost from it anyway and it won't cause any harm in reasonable doses.

If I end do up using MDMA or MCAT on both nights, I think I'll need any sort of boost I can get in between...

If I end do up using MDMA or MCAT on both nights, I think I'll need any sort of boost I can get in between...

Doesn't matter how much of a boost anything gives ya- your roll will be greatly reduced on the second night, and you'll feel like crap for a week.

Picture a big tank, with a knife valve at the bottom. now imagine serotonin slowly dripping into this tank, and slowly dripping out of the bottom, so the tank stays full, but doesn't overflow.
Now imagine opening that knife valve- all of the serotonin flows out at once, or at least pretty damned quickly. This is what both MDMA and mephedrone do- they're serotonin releasers. there are some other subtleties, none of which work in your favor, but that's the grand picture.

So, we've pulled the valve, we've dumped the tank. Now, serotonin does continue to drip in the top- your brain will slowly replenish the tank. However, if you pull the valve and try to dump the tank again 24 hours later- there's just not a whole lot there, so not much gets dumped. However, you still get all of the side effects of whatever you take, and your system suffers from extreme serotonin depletion for that much longer.

That's why it's recommended to take a long break between uses of releasers- you have to let meaningful amounts of serotonin build up to be dumped. Depending on how strong your reserves going into the experience were, you might have enough left after night one to feel the dose on night two, but it'll be much less intense, dosing higher isn't going to help that much, and the side effects will be nasty.

Seriously, if you have any serotonin left after night one, hang onto it- your gonna want that mid-week.

Doesn't matter how much of a boost anything gives ya- your roll will be greatly reduced on the second night, and you'll feel like crap for a week.

Picture a big tank, with a knife valve at the bottom. now imagine serotonin slowly dripping into this tank, and slowly dripping out of the bottom, so the tank stays full, but doesn't overflow.
Now imagine opening that knife valve- all of the serotonin flows out at once, or at least pretty damned quickly. This is what both MDMA and mephedrone do- they're serotonin releasers. there are some other subtleties, none of which work in your favor, but that's the grand picture.

So, we've pulled the valve, we've dumped the tank. Now, serotonin does continue to drip in the top- your brain will slowly replenish the tank. However, if you pull the valve and try to dump the tank again 24 hours later- there's just not a whole lot there, so not much gets dumped. However, you still get all of the side effects of whatever you take, and your system suffers from extreme serotonin depletion for that much longer.

That's why it's recommended to take a long break between uses of releasers- you have to let meaningful amounts of serotonin build up to be dumped. Depending on how strong your reserves going into the experience were, you might have enough left after night one to feel the dose on night two, but it'll be much less intense, dosing higher isn't going to help that much, and the side effects will be nasty.

Seriously, if you have any serotonin left after night one, hang onto it- your gonna want that mid-week.

This post. All of it. 100%

This sounds a lot like my [much lighter drug experience] where I received anti-depressants rather than benzos, rookie mistake, it was the ONLY time I never identified the pills legitimately.

Your "dealer" could have laced it with a drug that has similar properties of an anti-depressant... and I don't think this anti-depressant was an SSRI, it was blue footballs :p.

- - I did note that this is MDMA powder you are talking about.

Well, in case anyone is interested, I decided to not take any gear on the Saturday night. I felt like crap last time I used serotonin releasers on consecutive nights and couldn't be arsed to go through that again.

Wise choice. So what was your regimen for the event?

1. Going to second everyone who agrees that you do not have serotonin syndrome. You wouldn't be typing if you did.

2. 5-htp is a good idea.

3. Coconut water, drink lots of it.

4. Magnesium. However you can get it. I recommend magnesium sulfate. Magnesium is best absorbed through the skin, so if you can get to some salt water, go spend 45 minutes a day. Otherwise, pick up supplements. This should help with the sadness/bad mood/depression.

5. Yoga. Try out Ashtanga.