Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Took far too much mdma at the weekend and now I'm in a bad way

Plan B

Greenlighter
Hi all,

Before I begin, it should be noted that, even though I am mentioning huge quantities of MDMA, I buy it in powder and crystal form, not pills. I don't get it off reputable dealers and it is usually more white than brown (probably containing speed, ket or something else). I wrap it in rizla and swallow or snort it.

I went to a festival at the weekend and brought with me 3g of MDMA (although it was roughly 50% white and 50% brown so I'm not sure how much was genuine MD).

Having already done 1/6g on Thursday, I proceeded to do almost 1 1/2g on Saturday, which I now realise is far too much. My reasoning behind this was -

a) I usually do over 1g at long events that last until 5 or 6am, and the Saturday at this festival was even longer.

b) I could not get into my usual groove. I wasn't feeling friendly or pumped and resorted to taking more and more. I'm not sure if this was because the gear was poor (bought it off a new dealer) or my theshold has become ridiculously high or something else.

Anyway, I continued to take my MDMA in bombs until I was in an extremely paranoid state. I was even hallucinating. By the end, I thought that the whole crowd was looking at me because I had ruined the music (or something else equally as bizzare) and had to return to my tent.

On the Sunday, I foolishly did another 2/3g. Again, it barely affected me.

Anyway, it is now late on Wednesday and I have been suffering from some unpleasant after effects, the likes of which I have never experienced before -

a) My legs feel like jelly and won't stop fidgeting

b) My ears sometimes start ringing and I feel like I'm going to pass out

c) I will suddenly feel like crying even though I'm not even remotely unhappy

d) Bit of a fever and a bit nauseous

The only thing that makes me feel better is going to the gym and working out.

What's making it worse is that I'm beginning to convince myself that I have serotonin syndrome, which is making me anxious and depressed. The way I felt on the gear at the weekend suggests that it was cut with drugs that I have never tried before. Couldn't the combination of drugs in the gear induce seretonin syndrome?

First and foremost, you absolutely 100000000% do NOT have serotonin syndrome. You wouldn't be here posting if you did.

You've just really really overdone it. My advice (and undoubtedly the advice of others to follow) is to stay away from ALL drugs for at the very least 3 months. Caffeine too, if you can help it. Keep up the exercise and healthy eating - plenty of fruit and vegetables etc.

Stuff like 5-HTP would be a good idea to get hold of too, even if some people insist it's pointless/placebo. Better than nothing, no?

Oh, and finally - should you ever decide to indulge in illicit substances again - TEST THAT SHIT FIRST!!! Everything said here will be nothing more than speculation and educated guesses at best, and given this you'll find a lot of members aren't willing or simply won't give you any kind of proper advice, since we honestly don't know what the issue really is without knowing what you actually took.

Welcome!

Not really sure what you're asking. If you had serotonin syndrome, you'd likely be worse off right now and probably on your way to the ER. No one will be able to tell you what you might have had your drugs cut with, but yeah it sounds like you didn't have quality product. Even with tolerance I can't fathom a person ingesting 1500mg of MDMA and not writhing around the floor in pleasure. It sounds like speed or research chemicals. Test your stuff man!!! When you take your usual dose of ANYTHING and you don't feel the results you expected, the conclusion should NEVER be "take more then", especially with untested powder/crystals, especially from a new source!

Get some rest, drink water, take some 5htp, smoke some weed and stop doing so much damn molly man!

First and foremost, you absolutely 100000000% do NOT have serotonin syndrome. You wouldn't be here posting if you did.

You've just really really overdone it. My advice (and undoubtedly the advice of others to follow) is to stay away from ALL drugs for at the very least 3 months. Caffeine too, if you can help it. Keep up the exercise and healthy eating - plenty of fruit and vegetables etc.

Stuff like 5-HTP would be a good idea to get hold of too, even if some people insist it's pointless/placebo. Better than nothing, no?

Oh, and finally - should you ever decide to indulge in illicit substances again - TEST THAT SHIT FIRST!!! Everything said here will be nothing more than speculation and educated guesses at best, and given this you'll find a lot of members aren't willing or simply won't give you any kind of proper advice, since we honestly don't know what the issue really is without knowing what you actually took.

It really reassures me to hear you say that. The reason I thought I might have seretonin syndrome because these symptoms are unlike anything I've ever had before. I mean I'll usually feel a little depressed after a heavy MDMA sesh, but having fidgety legs and waves of feeling like I'm gonna pass out, plus the fact that my temperature seems to be randomly going up and down, is really alien to me. Plus the state I got into on Saturday night was like nothing I've ever experienced. I'm just desperately hoping that this comedown (or whatever is happening) will pass soon.

With regard to taking a long break from drugs, trust me - I have no desire to dabble with any for the forseeable future.

Welcome!

Not really sure what you're asking. If you had serotonin syndrome, you'd likely be worse off right now and probably on your way to the ER. No one will be able to tell you what you might have had your drugs cut with, but yeah it sounds like you didn't have quality product. Even with tolerance I can't fathom a person ingesting 1500mg of MDMA and not writhing around the floor in pleasure. It sounds like speed or research chemicals. Test your stuff man!!! When you take your usual dose of ANYTHING and you don't feel the results you expected, the conclusion should NEVER be "take more then", especially with untested powder/crystals, especially from a new source!

Get some rest, drink water, take some 5htp, smoke some weed and stop doing so much damn molly man!

What worries me is that I have done 1g+ of MDMA (although it was always poor purity) on at least 5 occassions now. When I researched yesterday into the maximum you should ever take, it was usually argued to be around 0.75g. This weekend, I easily exceeded 2g across 2 days, despite the fact I completely tripped out on the first day.

Is there not a chance I have a very weak case of seretonin syndrome? My symptoms seem to match pretty well with it. Should I consider going to the doctors? Or am I just experiencing a lengthy comedown?

Also, I'm just realising that this is the first time I've ever taken MDMA on consecutive days. I'm not sure if this might go some way to explaining why my comedown is unusually bad for me?

b) I could not get into my usual groove. I wasn't feeling friendly or pumped and resorted to taking more and more. I'm not sure if this was because the gear was poor (bought it off a new dealer) or my theshold has become ridiculously high or something else.

Tolerance to MDMA acquires really quickly, and the drug will stop working properly after you've taken so much, because the brain is limited in how serotonin it can release. So, could be tolerance... Could be weak MDMA... Could be a completely different drug (buy a test kit).

a) I usually do over 1g at long events that last until 5 or 6am, and the Saturday at this festival was even longer.

You need to re-evaluate your usage. Those doses aren't safe nor how to get the best out of the drug. Take an extremely long break (5+ months) to try and reset your tolerance. You should be getting a good buzz from MDMA at doses of 100-150mg. Anything over 300mg is excessive and a sign that you've been overdoing it.
a) My legs feel like jelly and won't stop fidgeting

b) My ears sometimes start ringing and I feel like I'm going to pass out

c) I will suddenly feel like crying even though I'm not even remotely unhappy

d) Bit of a fever and a bit nauseous

These are classic symptoms of overdoing MDMA. Best way to recover is time. Exercising will make you feel better too, so hit the gym hard and frequently. Supplements like multivitamins and 5-HTP may also help.

Tolerance to MDMA acquires really quickly, and the drug will stop working properly after you've taken so much, because the brain is limited in how serotonin it can release. So, could be tolerance... Could be weak MDMA... Could be a completely different drug (buy a test kit).

You need to re-evaluate your usage. Those doses aren't safe nor how to get the best out of the drug. Take an extremely long break (5+ months) to try and reset your tolerance. You should be getting a good buzz from MDMA at doses of 100-150mg. Anything over 300mg is excessive and a sign that you've been overdoing it.

These are classic symptoms of overdoing MDMA. Best way to recover is time. Exercising will make you feel better too, so hit the gym hard and frequently. Supplements like multivitamins and 5-HTP may also help.

I am aware now that the amounts I've been taking are excessive, although they are probably not as bad as they sound as the gear I use is far from pure MDMA.

What's weird is that people at my university usually start with 250mg before progressing to 500 or 600mg for dnb events that last 10pm - 3 30am. Like, this is normal behaviour for almost every university student who attends them. I only upped my doses to 1g because the events I attend lasted all day, plus my mate suggested that I do so.

I slept all of Monday, but have been hitting the gym every day since then, plus taking multivitamins. I'm going to buy 5HTP tomorrow.

Can anyone give some indication of how long these symptoms might last? Just to remind you - I took almost 1.5g on Saturday (half of which was white) and 2/3g on Sunday.

I'd like to reiterate that I will definitely be taking a lengthy break from drugs now. I have no desire to feel like this ever again.

What's weird is that people at my university usually start with 250mg before progressing to 500 or 600mg for dnb events that last 10pm - 3 30am. Like, this is normal behaviour for almost every university student who attends them. I only upped my doses to 1g because the events I attend lasted all day, plus my mate suggested that I do so.

I know mate. In England our drinking culture transfers onto other drugs and we just completely overdo them. Just a thought, if you're not weighing what you're taking then chances are you're taking less than you think you are. A street 'gram' usually weighs 700mg, so taking half a gram is actually 350mg. Don't listen to your friends about drugs, chances are they don't know anything. Not many people do. You can use MDMA safely and effectively, avoiding side-effects, if you take the necessary precautions. Have a read around the forum.

Can anyone give some indication of how long these symptoms might last?

I'd say a minimum of a few days, most likely about 1 week, and you should be back to 100% within two weeks maximum. It's just a typical MDMA comedown from taking really high doses on numerous days. It's definitely not serotonin syndrome, be careful when you read around the internet. If you had gotten serotonin syndrome, you'd be in hospital and not here posting on BL.

.2 of the real deal should ruin you for 8hrs! All you can do now is smash as many clear fluids, juices and gatorades as you can to get your equilibrium back. B vitamins too - Berocca is good shit after anything. Wht goes up must come down but fuck knows whata you have been consuming if youre talking about those volumes - it just could not be done.

You had a heavy weekend - your paying the price. Eat, multi vitamins, hydrate, sleep - remember how you feel now so you have better judgement next time around.

(also test your gear - if you suspect its cut, don't assume that the cut is something you actually want to take [speed/ket])

I know mate. In England our drinking culture transfers onto other drugs and we just completely overdo them. Just a thought, if you're not weighing what you're taking then chances are you're taking less than you think you are. A street 'gram' usually weighs 700mg, so taking half a gram is actually 350mg. Don't listen to your friends about drugs, chances are they don't know anything. Not many people do. You can use MDMA safely and effectively, avoiding side-effects, if you take the necessary precautions. Have a read around the forum.

I'd say a minimum of a few days, most likely about 1 week, and you should be back to 100% within two weeks maximum. It's just a typical MDMA comedown from taking really high doses on numerous days. It's definitely not serotonin syndrome, be careful when you read around the internet. If you had gotten serotonin syndrome, you'd be in hospital and not here posting on BL.

Regarding the serotonin syndrome - I am a bit of a hypochondriac so it was difficult not to jump to conclusions. I told my Dad my symptoms and he suggested that I might have some permanent brain damage from doing too much (as a joke), which I thought made sense as I almost collapsed after the first night.

Also, I hadn't considered that street grams almost never weigh as much as a gram.

.2 of the real deal should ruin you for 8hrs! All you can do now is smash as many clear fluids, juices and gatorades as you can to get your equilibrium back. B vitamins too - Berocca is good shit after anything. Wht goes up must come down but fuck knows whata you have been consuming if youre talking about those volumes - it just could not be done.

I actually have some berocca but haven't considered taking any as I have been munching multivitamins that give 100% of GDA for most B vitamins.

Regarding the serotonin syndrome - I am a bit of a hypochondriac so it was difficult not to jump to conclusions. I told my Dad my symptoms and he suggested that I might have some permanent brain damage from doing too much (as a joke), which I thought made sense as I almost collapsed after the first night.

Well, at least it sounds like you have a positive and open relationship with your Dad! But no it's unlikely that you have brain damage, you've just radically changed your brain's neurochemical balance by taking high doses on numerous days. It takes time for your brain to restore that balance back to normal.

Also, I hadn't considered that street grams almost never weigh as much as a gram.

Yep. Highest I ever weighed from the street was 767mg. Not even nearly a gram. So when all your friends start with a 1/4 of a 'gram', it's probably nearer a 1/4 of 700mg, so nearer 175mg, which is a far more reasonable dose, but a high one nonetheless. If you want to avoid comedowns like this occurring again, grab a test kit and a set of scales. Then you can weigh up the right doses to stay safe and get the best high.

Well, at least it sounds like you have a positive and open relationship with your Dad! But no it's unlikely that you have brain damage, you've just radically changed your brain's neurochemical balance by taking high doses on numerous days. It takes time for your brain to restore that balance back to normal.

Yep. Highest I ever weighed from the street was 767mg. Not even nearly a gram. So when all your friends start with a 1/4 of a 'gram', it's probably nearer a 1/4 of 700mg, so nearer 175mg, which is a far more reasonable dose, but a high one nonetheless. If you want to avoid comedowns like this occurring again, grab a test kit and a set of scales. Then you can weigh up the right doses to stay safe and get the best high.

I do actually feel a bit better today (day 4 of recovering). Don't feel like passing out anymore. Still a bit zoned out but hopefully that will pass. Muscles have also stopped twitching as much.

I do actually feel a bit better today (day 4 of recovering). Don't feel like passing out anymore. Still a bit zoned out but hopefully that will pass. Muscles have also stopped twitching as much.

Good news. The muscle twitching is a classic. I remember once when I overdid MDMA and I got restless leg syndrome. Like I literally couldn't stop twitching my leg up and down during the comedown.

I dont understand why you do frequent huge mdma doses and work out? are you bipolar?? ok you are stupid so that explains the ridiculous mdma abuse but how can same brain also decide to excersise?? go to the gym for health benefits? thats smart but how can that same smart brain do something so retarded with MDMA

you are like IQ 140 and IQ 70 person in one body,this is really bizzare....

no offense but why dont you just go one way in life,extreme mdma abuse? ok you life your choice but why even bother with weightliftin,just be fucked up wreck........ fit lifestyle? weightlifting?? well thats great but you should srsly drop like 100mg mdma max per three months IMO to be still considered healthy lifestyle

Last edited:
I dont understand why you do frequent huge mdma doses and work out? are you bipolar?? ok you are stupid so that explains the ridiculous mdma abuse but how can same brain also decide to excersise?? go to the gym for health benefits? thats smart but how can that same smart brain do something so retarded with MDMA

you are like IQ 140 and IQ 70 person in one body,this is really bizzare....

no offense but why dont you just go one way in life,extreme mdma abuse? ok you life your choice but why even bother with weightliftin,just be fucked up wreck........ fit lifestyle? weightlifting?? well thats great but you should srsly drop like 100mg mdma max per three months IMO to be still considered healthy lifestyle

I find it odd that you feel this way. I know tons of people that work out and do MDMA. Why do you think they are mutually exclusive? Because one is good for your health and one is not?

I work out because -
a) I frequently consume drugs and alcohol and eat junk food and working out makes me feel less guilty about this.
b) I am conscious about the way I look.
c) Working out releases endorphins, which provides an amazing buzz - better than the buzz that drugs, alcohol etc. can offer.

Not sure if this answers your question.

Good news. The muscle twitching is a classic. I remember once when I overdid MDMA and I got restless leg syndrome. Like I literally couldn't stop twitching my leg up and down during the comedown.

It gets bloody irritating when you're trying to sleep haha... Do you recon I should avoid drinking alcohol whilst I'm recovering too?

You'll be fine. Just relax and stay sober. It might take a while but you will be back to normal.