• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Too much MD on weekend Now have ringing in right ear.

slinky141

Greenlighter
Hi all, this is my first post.

I went to a 4 day festival over the weekend (06/09/12 - 09/09/12) and dropped about a total of about 2 grams of mdma. I have only done md a couple of times before, the most recent time before this weekend was a month ago. Over the festival the breakdown of what I took is something like this... Day 1: 0.2g in 3 bombs (didn’t really have that much effect), Day 2 about 1 gram in 6 bombs (I know this was a stupid amount now but I wanted to make sure I came up and I also got carried away). Day 3 about 0.5 in 3 bombs, Day 4 0.75 grams.

In hindsight I realize this was a very dangerous thing to do and believe me I regret doing it now. We were camping in quite a big group and one member was supplying to everyone else. Most people took quite a lot more than me over the festival. I didn’t take anything else like K, just quite a few NOS balloons. I guess I wasn't so concerned about doing so much since everyone else was dropping more than me... However most people did say it wasn't strong md.

The comedown, as you would expect has been pretty bad so far. I've been quite depressed and very anxious however the depression has eased a lot. I don’t think I’ve had any "brain zaps" (but I’m not entirely sure what they are?). My vision seems ok; it’s just a little hard to focus on a point sometimes. My appetite comes and goes but I guess it depends on how anxious I am because that makes me feel nauseous. Sleeping has not been too bad but I still wake up about 2 or 3 times a night and I have really weird dreams.

The thing that is getting to me most is a high pitched ringing in my ear that seems to be mostly in my right ear. The festival was pretty loud and I didn't wear ear plugs but I didn’t hug the speakers either. I only really notice it when it is quiet or when I sleep. Does anyone reckon it could be from the md I took? It is making me really anxious and angry with myself for doing so much md. I think the medical name for it is tinnitus and I read it can be caused by loud noises and lots of other things including abnormally low serotonin activity... I also get slight pains in my ear and in the side of my head. Do you think I could be imagining it due to the anxiety?
I’ve been to my GP about It but I did not mention the md, she said there was no infection and that I was probably just the loud noises and that she couldn’t say when it would go away. But Im really worried about having this and I don’t know if I should go back and tell her the whole story so she could maybe diagnose it properly and maybe give me something to treat it… Should I tell my GP about the md?

I’m really scared I’ve done permanent damage to my brain or ears through taking so much mandy, I wish I had just been myself instead of trying to go along with everyone else. Has anyone else had anything like this and been fine after a while. I’m pretty sure I’m going to steer clear of all drugs for a long time...

Thanks to everyone for reading this and for any replies, it really means a lot.

If these people need to drop gramms I'm sure they believe the MD is weak. 2grams is too much, without a doubt.
BTW, it's never MD untill you test it.

Also, going to a doctor and not telling her the whole story ... I don't see the point.

I would re-evaluate your drug intake. (substance, dose, effects sought, ...)

This was all harm-reduction as I don't know anything about that ringing in your ears. I have heard of people with the same problem before, but it was always at a big event, meaning loud music. So difficult as to say what caused it.

Best of luck !

Do you know if it went away for those people - this ringing is driving me crazy! The comedown is easing off, but the ringing is if anything getting worse.

Does anyone reckon it could be from the md I took? It is making me really anxious and angry with myself for doing so much md. I think the medical name for it is tinnitus and I read it can be caused by loud noises and lots of other things including abnormally low serotonin activity... I also get slight pains in my ear and in the side of my head. Do you think I could be imagining it due to the anxiety?

I am very sure the tinnitus you report is from the MDMA you have taken. Many users on here have reported very similiar symptoms sometimes not even being near speakers at all.

MDMA has a huge impact on all the senses hearing is often one of the senses that gets temporarily messed up. Quite often people also report jaw problems along with the tinitus. I would be highly doubtful if the noise from the festival is the culprit.

I dont think you are imagining it. I am sure it is real. I suspect the anxiety will be blowing it out of proportion however.

I’ve been to my GP about It but I did not mention the md, she said there was no infection and that I was probably just the loud noises and that she couldn’t say when it would go away. But Im really worried about having this and I don’t know if I should go back and tell her the whole story so she could maybe diagnose it properly and maybe give me something to treat it… Should I tell my GP about the md?

I am very sorry to say this but GPs when it comes to drugs particularly MD** related issues generally dont know shit.

You have made the right choice by not owning up to the drugs because if you do it goes on your record and if you are young you definitely dont want this. It will limit you in many many ways. You will immediately illiminate the chance of any career within the government. You become unfit for certain licences such as shot gun to name one. In other words despite what you might think about medical confidentiality its horse shit.

Once your on a medical computer as an illicit drug user your making unnecessary problems for yourself. Ignore this information at your own peril.

Most GPs will just prescribe you benzos and SSRIs thats about it.

So... what you need to do.

The only cure right now is TIME. Nothing else will fix this for you there is no magic pill or cure. You have abused MDMA and unfortunatley are now paying the price.

What you can do is reduce the recovery time. Here are some suggestions.

EXERCISE is your number one friend as of today. Everytime you exercise you shorten your recovery time.

No more drugs. I cannot make this statement more importantly. This also includes WEED.

If you can avoid cigarettes, alcohol, caffeine and sugar. At least reduce what you can.

Drink the daily recommended amount of water. This is important as the brain needs plenty supply of water to rebuild.

For food investigate the anxiety forums for recommended diets its quite a big topic.

Consider the following Supps:

Piracetam and Choline (this is a nootropic highly recommended with MD** related issues)
Neurozan available from Holland & barrettt (gives you all the brain supps in one pill)
Buy Extra Omega 3 (Take 3 per day)
Krill Oil (Even more fish oil for brain food!)
Your last port of call is Lithium (For now leave this out but the option is also something to consider) (lithium needs very careful dosing and you should research it very well prior to experimenting with it)

Finally please dont be angry with yourself. You now know MDMA is dangerous. Move forward dont look back.

You are going to get better you just need time. The time is what you make of it. It can either be riddled with anxiety worrying about the past or it can be used to progress forward the choice is yours.

I see these symptoms always go. User after user has the same. Tinitus from MDMA abuse it eventually goes.

How long it takes to go is in your hands. Follow the guidelines above and it will be quicker. Do nothing about it the symptoms will eventually go they will just take longer.

Hope this info helps.

Futura.

Personally, i'd say its just the very loud music. After a rave my ears typically ring for 2-3 days and I read its a sign of ear damage. If you wanna avoid it get some earplugs, but thats just counter-intuitive in my eyes! Full volume music>a bit of damage to your hearing. Your choice really.

Has it now subsided?

THANK YOU - I was thinking that about telling my GP. I was worried that there was something they might be able to do *now* that would stop me having this permanently. At night all I can do is think about it and it gets louder and louder and louder. I just wish I could pass out. I have stocked up on omega three, multi vits and I have some 5 htp but I’m not taking it anymore as I’ve heard mixed reviews and it makes my anxiety much worse. If I see my GP again shall I ask for some sort of anti-anxiety meds or will that hamper my recovery?

O and I definitely plan to avoid anything that seems evenly remotely unhealthy. I guess my main struggle will be sleep, but if I wear myself out enough during the day with exercise maybe then I will sleep ok.

Thanks again

hi slinky,

i got tinnitus too, but it started a few weeks after a horrible piperazine comedown, which is still ongoing.

anyway, if your tinnitus is related to ear damage you should see an ent physician right away.

ear related tinnitus has the best chance to heal if it is treated as soon as possible.

best of luck !

Hi cope

have you seen an ENT then? Im going to see my gp again to ask to see an ENT. Im not going to tell them about the MD, did you tell them about the piperazine? if you did - What did they say? Has yours got any better overtime? My ringing is a very high pitched buzzing that is mostly centered in my head bu often shifts to the right ear.

hi slinky,

yes i have been to an ent, everything came back fine and it was about 3 month after the tinnitus started, i knew it couldn't be a ear related problem, because i wasn't exposed to loud noise at the time, the tinnitus started.

yes i told my doctor about it, but it seems they don't know to much about drug related problems.

unfortunately it lasts till this day, but there are days when it is better.

since you have been at a rave it could be ear related.

so let the ent check that for you, you will probably get an infusion which is supposed to raise up the little hairs in your ear which may have been damaged.

best of luck !

THANK YOU - I was thinking that about telling my GP. I was worried that there was something they might be able to do *now* that would stop me having this permanently. At night all I can do is think about it and it gets louder and louder and louder. I just wish I could pass out. I have stocked up on omega three, multi vits and I have some 5 htp but I’m not taking it anymore as I’ve heard mixed reviews and it makes my anxiety much worse. If I see my GP again shall I ask for some sort of anti-anxiety meds or will that hamper my recovery?

hello slinky just to clarify im not saying dont consult a doctor of course this would be poor advice. I just cant see what benefit you will gain by informing them about the drugs.

Just so you are aware I dunno what country you are from but as soon as you fess up to anxiety this is termed as a psychological condition and also restricts you in some things you can and cant do. In UK the first thing that springs to mind is a shot gun licence. Any medical history relating to psychological issues or illicit drug use then immediate no licence. I doubt you will want a shot gun but it illustrates that your medical record is not as confidential as you might think. How you choose to interact with your GP is your own choice but please bare this in mind thats all im saying.

Re the meds to calm anxiety I have tried three types all with a variety of success. Diazapam (benzodiapine), Quetiapine (Anti Psychotic) and Zopiclone (Z Class kind of like a benzo). All three have releived me of anxiety but are not a cure.

The one of the three that you can take more frequently is Quetiapine but all three of them I would limit use of if you can.

When you visit your GP you could just fess up to sleeping problems and suggest a friend tried blah and they might be kind enough to prescribe the relevant med as required. Other option is you could avoid the GP and purchase your own meds online.

If you can sweat it out without meds I strongly advise it.

J wills has a point it might be just from the music but it sounds to me more symptomatic of MDMA OD. Particularly as it moves around in some way.

Dont worrey my friend it will go its just going to take a fair old time to heal. Harsh lesson I am afraid.

Good luck keep smiling :)

Thank you all very much for your responses they really help. I am a UK resident and I understand what you are saying about not telling them about the drugs, especially since they probably don't know much about them anyway. I have made a draft exercise program and I have started eating much more healthily when I can. At the moment it is difficult to eat sometimes because my anxiety drives my appetite away.

I'll try and follow a diet to keep the anxiety in check and hope to leave the meds out of it if i can - it only really seems to be bad in the evenings.

Cope did you OD on piperazine when you took it before getting tinnitus? I am hoping that as futura says - exercise, a healthy lifestyle and time will resolve it for us both.
What have you tried to help you cope with it so far? You say its been 3 months now since it started, does it still bother you like it did at first?
Did the infusion the ENT gave you help at all?

Futura the ringing in my head seams to be becoming more centralized in my head although if i was to say one ear was more dominant i would say the right ear -Do you think that has bearing on whether its MD related?

Thanks

Thank you all very much for your responses they really help. I am a UK resident and I understand what you are saying about not telling them about the drugs, especially since they probably don't know much about them anyway.

Whilst I think about it as recommended by cope I would also inform your GP about your hearing. You werent at a rave, you were at a music concert when you returned from the music concert you had tinutus. The sleeping you have been having problems with for a while now perhaps 3 months you thought it would be a good idea to mention this to them at the same time whilst you were there.

Effectively report everything minus the anxiety minus the drugs. That would be my advice anyway. Please note there is always an element of risk by not reporting the whole story to your doctor but at least now you can make your own informed decision.

Futura the ringing in my head seams to be becoming more centralized in my head although if i was to say one ear was more dominant i would say the right ear -Do you think that has bearing on whether its MD related?

I could be very wrong and Jwills idea might be right. We dont know for sure. My gut instinct tells me MD related. I have seen these symptoms a few times before from other blue lighters.

The other thing that none of us has mentioned is whilst you are suffering dont go to any raves or at least if you do protect your hearing. Same applies for music at home, music in the car even music at the gym. BE CAREFUL.

I'll try and follow a diet to keep the anxiety in check and hope to leave the meds out of it if i can - it only really seems to be bad in the evenings.

For me the anxiety is in the morning. Try and wangle some benzos maybe from the GP if you can but you must report insomnia not anxiety to not be labelled. This way you have something if the anxiety gets too much. Be careful with benzos however as they are very calming and unfortunately often too nice. A friend or family member holding the supply can often act as a protective measure so you dont get hooked.

Benzo addiction is a serious issue be warned.

Hi slinky,

i didn't get an infusion, because it is not related to ear damage in my case.

i tried piracetam and ginkgo, didn't help unfortunately.

now it only bothers me when i go to sleep, the rest of the day i try not to focus on it.

in my case it wasn't an OD of piperazine, it was only half a pill with that nasty stuff after a night where i took ~60mg of mdma.

best of luck to you !

Feeling really down atm. One minute i feel quite good and i tell myself that I will be back to my old self soon and that this ringing is only temporary and that eventually i'll forget all about it. But then later on i feel really depressed about my whole life and that i will never be the same again and its my fault for being stupid and taking drugs - i just wish i hadn't. My friend who took more than me says he is feeling back to normal now? This ringing seems to embody everything that i feel is wrong with my life and i just cant escape it.

I am at loss with things to do because I finished my summer job and i go back to uni soon but that seems like a whole new life again and right now all i want to do is get back to my old self. I have been going out on runs and eating healthily but it feels weird because its seems like a different sort of life to what i am used too. Its a life i want to lead but it feels alien right now... I guess when i go back and see all my friends at uni again. is it normal to feel like this after md? I feel like i want to tell my parents all about everything, but i don't know how they will react?

Hi slinky,

i know how it feels, but it will get better. its only around a week for you, could well be that after a few days it starts to lift.

be optimistic, don't think about it to much, if it turns out to be a longer comedown bluelight is always there to vent and get some help.

best of luck my friend

:)

Thanks Cope, it is hard sometimes.

Futura I can't thank you enough for all you advise so far. But I was just wondering if you knew from other people with tinnitus from mdma roughly what sort of timescale I am looking at? Is it case of days, weeks or months, or more... Right now i just cant get myself settled...

Personally, i'd say its just the very loud music. After a rave my ears typically ring for 2-3 days and I read its a sign of ear damage. If you wanna avoid it get some earplugs, but thats just counter-intuitive in my eyes! Full volume music>a bit of damage to your hearing. Your choice really.

Has it now subsided?

I have tinnitus and its from loud noise.
Like you my ears used to ring for a day or two after a loud event.
Then one day they never stopped.
Fast forward 9 years later and yeah...

So back on the OP it probably wasnt the mdma, I know people who take huge amounts and dont get ear problems.

So back on the OP it probably wasnt the mdma, I know people who take huge amounts and dont get ear problems.

In regards to tinnitus in this case its likely the music at the rave as you say or the MD.

The only thing that makes me think MD as opposed to rave is because it comes bundled with anxiety and a load of other symptoms.

Unless the music was particularly loud or the OP was stood near mid range or high end transducers then my moneys on MD as the cause.

Either way the main thing is the treatment is the same. Stay away from loud music and look after yourself.

How did you get your tinnitus Master Vampire?

Does anyone know where I can buy Piracetam? Holland and Barrett don't sell it and neither does boots or any other well know health store that I can think of. Amazon doesn't even seem to sell it...