• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Tofisopam

Etizollam was deemed to have maximumun efffectsx4,-6 weeks after commensing taking then, unlike other 'bensos'. I definitely thinking there's a a very worthwhile area od investigation, as the thevthienyl group has a a very interesting area of investigation. Deschlororoetizoolam seems to have similar properties. I haven't done much investigation into other thienyldiazepines, but they are a really useful area of investigations

Yeah would not recommend tofisopam due to potential antidopaminergic qualities

It is a weird one for sure, somewhat resembling papaverine in structure:

Tofisopram:

Papaverine:

And like papaverine, tofisopam acts as an inhibitor of PDE10A, which is what is behind the neuroleptic properties of these compounds (PDE10A inhibition leads to potentiation of D1 but inhibition of D2 signaling, thus producing somewhat of a neuroleptic effect

Damping down D2 signaling is generally something one should avoid unless they need that sort of thing (ie., such as personal that actually needs a neuroleptic agent)
Or a humourless fuck!

Actually hadn't heard of it, until I read the OP. From what I've found out about it, 2,3- diazepines are very selective on which receptors it hits. Considering a lot of the 1,4 & 1,5 benzos cause a lot of the characteristics that make them abusable, the 2,3- diazepines seem like the magic medicine for treating anxiety (I know they thought about the original benzos, but they were a vast improvement on barbiturates. Pharmacology is aboutsmall steps towards improving drug treatment)
Stand aside and let the big dog eat!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Have 100 100mg caps en route. Definitely an interesting 2,3-benzo with unique properties. I’m currently dependent on benzos once again and am looking for an alternative to reduce my current intake.

Someone on here has already got some. I don't know if he's tried them yet but he's trying to get off benzos so he might still have them sat there.

The structure of tofisopam is REALLY strange. Is their and QSAR data out there.

Any German-speaking chemists out there?

Last edited:
I've not used Tofisopam much at all. Only once in the daytime IIRC and I really did not like the nasty brain fog that resulted. Someone said that it potentially has anti-dopaminergic effects, so that could fit. That limits it's usefulness a lot for me. They did seem to help for sleep and I used them a couple of times for this, but I decided to use a more traditional and familiar benzo for my taper.

I picked clonazepam for this purpose, as judging by wedinos, it seems to be the only benzo that you can reliably buy right now, knowing that you will actually receive clonazepam, and so this has been my choice for my taper.

My taper so far has been very successful, I'm down to almost 1/8th of a 2mg pill - so almost completely off - and have only just hit some issues with sleep at this dose. Waking up a lot during the night and having mild issues getting back to sleep, but I consider myself lucky that I've got down to such a low dose with such minimal problems.

Taking my mirtazapine correctly - ie with a full glass of water seems to be helping a lot.

As my tolerance drops as my taper progresses, I'm not finding clonazepam too great for anxiety. I'm finding the doses still need to be quite high to touch the social anxiety I get in some scenarios - at almost 3/4 of a 2mg pill, and with those doses and lowered tolerance, the hypnotic effects are now hitting me quite hard, I'm getting a bit head swimmy, and they are not all that great for anxiety compared to etizolam imo.

I miss the old faithful etizolam so much right now. I miss the much improved anxiolytic effects compared to hypnotic effects ratio. Meaning lower doses are still amazingly effective for anxiety, and minimal to zero hypnotic effects with low doses.

Thanks for the report. I didn't know if you had mentioned it in public so I didn't mention your name.

They mention it's utility in the treatment of schizophrenia so dopamine antagonism seems quite possible.

But your down so low - the mitrazipine will help. In the UK it's prescribed to aid sleep,

I'm surprised at how well the taper is going this time, compared to last time. It's been so much easier.

But as I've said elsewhere, this time round, I was on much lower doses for less length of time, and it's an all round much better time of life to be trying it.

These things make all the difference in the world.

I’ve heard decent things about it. Seems like for many it’s a clear headed anxiolytic that doesn’t impair memory retention. I got them for next to nothing so not a big loss if I don’t find a use for them. I heard they can also increase the dopaminergic properties of stimulants as well as potentiate the properties of other sedatives. A novel substance I’ll proceed cautiously optimistic.

Thanks for the update Bleaney. I agree, difficult to discern a drugs effects when multiple drugs are involved. But that is all to common in 2023 for people to be on multiple medications.

Any more info keep us posted. There is not much info on the drugs effects. But if it is an inhibitor of PDE10A info like Negrogesic gave could be useful.

I know this is not the thread. But I wonder if drugs can get stronger. I found three etizolam pills between the couch. Same ones I had. I figured they would lose potency. But 3 for 3 times when I tried 1 1/2 mgs of this etizolam that was out of the bottle for who knows how long I blacked out. Can not remember a thing after I ate. Makes me wonder if etizolam gets stronger as it ages and oxidizes. I am sensitive to the amnesia but this was another level from the same pills. Scared me, it has been weeks since I took an etizolam because of it.

Would like to see more comments on tofisopam.
Etizolam actually gets more effective a few weeks after, unlike most benzos. It seems to be something common to the thienyldiazepines (deschloroetizolam etc). Seems the thienyl ring works a bit different to the phenyl ring

Etizolam actually gets more effective a few weeks after, unlike most benzos. It seems to be something common to the thienyldiazepines (deschloroetizolam etc). Seems the thienyl ring works a bit different to the phenyl ring

That explains a LOT. Is it the thienyl ring or is it the fact that etizolam just has a hydrocarbon chain at the 8 position? I mean, does brotizolam act in a similar manner. I don't think it does, but I don't KNOW.

If not abused there’s another example why it’s different class than just about any benzo, any I tried. Tho I only tried diclazepam out of RCs. Sometimes I wonder would I benefited if I went for it, as less recreational but back than it took some time for me to realize I’m not only using etizolam recreationally but self-(over)medicating.

Would be nice to try deschloroetizolam & etc. But not like try it a few thousand times lol.

As for brotizolam I believe it’s possible there’s same effect as alprazolam works like that if dosed very low. In >0.5mg per day doses, possibly even less, I think it looses that aspect and mostly negative sides of daily use of benzos will come to light. That said I don’t think even etizolam is worth to be used beyond “as needed” regime as that’s not a good idea for anyone that doesn’t need it desperately. Sadly such feeling eventually comes just by using any benzo for long enough and/or in high enough doses.

Okay. I’ve had some more experiences with this compound. To begin with this is a nice piece equipment to have to in ones arsenal.

I have high benzo tolereance and have been trying to reduce my dosages. Throughout the day I sublingually took 150mg of tofisopam. I’ve only taken 4mg of etiz throughout the day . Before I was taking either taking 15mg of etiz and or 8 mg of Nitrazolam throughout the day as well

I was also lowering my lyrica and soma intake.

Today I took 3-4 mg of tiz and 100mg of Lyrica.. about an hour ago I took 50 mg of tofisopam sublingually, 1mg of tiz, and a 500mg soma. I can barely write this message.

This isn’t good cause I was supposed to get some schoolwork done tonight 🤣

@higherconciousness You sound like you're into your combos / drug cocktails as much as me!

Although I have to say that Etiz, Lyrica, Soma, and Tofisopam is not a combo that I have tried myself.

With myself also taking Tofisopam along with other things as well it wasn't really possible to get a pure judgement of it's exact effects.

Do you think that you can tell how much the Tofisopam, along with the other ingredients of your combo, caused the fuckedness?

I hope to be able to give it a trial in isolation pretty soon, just waiting for a suitable opportunity.

Last edited:
@higherconciousness You sound like you're into your combos / drug cocktails as much as me!

Although I have to say that Etiz, Lyrica, Soma, and Tofisopam is not a combo that I have tried myself.

With myself also taking Tofisopam along with other things as well it wasn't really possible to get a pure judgement of it's exact effects.

Do you think that you can tell how much the Tofisopam, along with the other ingredients of your combo, caused the fuckedness?

I hope to be able to give it a trial in isolation pretty soon, just waiting for a suitable opportunity.
Well if I had taken the same dosages without the tofisopam I wouldn’t have been nearly as messed up. Because as I stated I usually have to take large doses but only took minimal doses last night

Again I’ve only taken 2mg of etizolam throughout the day and 50mg tofisopam and I’m not experiencing any discomfort, as I normally would if I had taken that dosage without the tofisopam. I’ll keep y’all posted, but so far there is some utility here.