• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS Today I am Thankful 4 Vs. Just when you think it can't get no better, then it does!

I hope I can clean my desk until the end of the month so I can take a couple of weeks off.

I am thankful for the ability to empathize with others. I was very selfish before, and now I understand where I went wrong.

That's a great virtue man!

Thankful for having some support when I need, I believe I also empathize with others. Some people abuse your generosity, but it happens. It's part of the our nature, I guess. Thankful for having a job despite of the fact I'm always too stressed out doing so much more than I should have. I'm still happy I'm productive.

Thankful for second chances, I was going to get kicked out of the nursing program at my college which would have put my education to a halt.. but my professor gave me a second chance on the final and I graduate as an LPN next week! <3

I'm also very, very thankful for my landlord. I had an eviction notice and he let me pay my rent last night so I can stay. I was so stressed out, thinking about where I was gonna go.. but he really pulled through for me <3

Thankful for having had US 5 000,00 + extra to cover my dental surgeries and my son's braces and its monthly appointments.
I still have to pay much more until December and again in July. Thanks to my job but now I'm even more stressed in being the employee of the month. ;)

Seriously, I'm grateful but it's pretty stressing having to pay bills like that out of the blue. I did not know I had to take of so many non predictable budgetary 'stuff'.

Thankful my son is having a good time traveling by himself in Central America. He's lonely but that can be a good thing to experience. He is adventurous and brave and curious and I know that this time in his life will always be treasured. I'm glad he had the courage to jump out of everything familiar and shake it all up. Because of losing my other son, I have had to be so careful not to be over-protective and over-worried about this son. I feel proud of my own courage to let him go even though I battle all sorts of terrible imaginings in my own head when he is gone. He is a risk taker and always has been. This makes it harder for me but I'm proud of him and wouldn't want it any other way.

@Erikmen: braces can be so expensive. I hate spending money on two things--my teeth and my car but they are two things that I know the value of! In my life, if I have an unexpected expense from my teeth I can always expect my car to break down right around the same time--some kind of sick Murphy's Law?

That's so true Herby..

I have been to Central America but I wouldn't be worried as it's improved. You just have to avoid places at certain times. I am sure he'll be fine.

I'm grateful that i'll be getting a week off very soon (or more) so I can take care of everything that has been taking so much time, money and efforts. Speaking of car, time to renew insurance.. Mine and my wife's car. And my son is also using braces.. (!) at least I won't have to be in the office.

Today
For not having silly annoying discussions at home for a while, for my time off from work.

I'm grateful for the great family of my wife. They have always accepted me as their son, brother, friend.
Today was a very important day in our lives and I'm thankful I could count on them.

I am grateful that my Antabuse is properly working. I tried small portions of alcohol and indeed I felt very sick means the pill I got online are not fake. I tried to get Antabuse from doctors but they don't want to risk their backs so I went ahead and bought it online myself. I am grateful that Antabuse gave me new life without alcohol.

For my job despite of all the problems and workload it's the way I feel I keep myself sane and more grounded, so to speak.

Today I am grateful I live in the UK in one of the most safe and developed countries away from military conflicts.

Thankful for this day! For all the love I received and for the deserved rest.

^ Ditto!! ;)

Thankful for this "blessed" Saturday. Slept well, had a great time with my youngest. Catch up with my reading. Lovely day!!