• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Tobacco

Sksjdjeisnfkeishz

Bluelighter
Hello all, i have been clean from substances for over a year and im craving cigarettes. I really want to smoke cigiarettes but at the same time i dont want to get health problems. When i say health problems i am using a polite term for cancer.

Im afraid that if i do go back to smoking cigarettes, ill go back to doing other drugs like heroin. Everyone around me seems to smoke cigarettes. My dad smokes cigars, my biological mom smokes cigarettes, my sister smokes cigarettes, my grandma used to smoke cigarettes, my unlces smoke cigarettes, my dads cousin vapes, my sistet vapes and smokes, my friends at work smoke.

Ive been doing so good this past year aftet a lot of shit went down. I recently turned eighteen and all. These cravings will never go away. What should i do? Should i smoke cigarettes or should i suck it up?

Also i didnt know where to post this at so the prefix is stimulants since ive heard cigarettes can be a stimulant. Im chewing gum to fight the cravings and smelling incense but i really want to go backt to cigarettes. The only thing thats stopping me is the fact that i couod get cancer.

Writing this shows some fighting spirit already.

Nicotine is insidiously habit-forming, despite giving a rather lame kick. Personally i associate it so tightly with the ritual of smoking that i rather go without than try another ROA. However, some people have success switching to a less unhealthy ROA. Vaping is one example.

Good luck. You're young and your brain is made for change :)

As Ive come to understand is, nicotine effects basically every fucking thing in your brain chemistry. AND you get also addicted to the form of smoking hand movements and so on. Its literal fucking poison, nicotine, I mean.

Man if you're really gonna go back to drugs at least do one that won't addicts and kill you slowly. Do some cannabis edibles (domt smoke for lung health).

Of course the right answer to should i start abusing X drug again is NO. Bit we are all addicts so sometimes it's about harm minimization.

I agree it's a really bad decision to make. Tobacco is so awful in exchange for the shitty 30 second buzz it gives you. You'll regret it much more than you enjoy it again.