Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Tobacco isn't necessary.

Inso

Bluelighter
Hi all,

A story.

It's funny, back when I started smoking regularly for the first time the crowd I was with would roll these big spliffs that contained a large helping of rolling baccy, sprinkled with a small amount of bud across. I was naive, I thought that's the way people did it. This repulses me looking back. As I, being me, became hopelessly addicted to the stuff, I couldn't get stoned off those crappy things so when I made my own I put a ton of bud in and very little baccy (the reverse of the above essentially. Couldn't bring myself to cut it out completely though, such an ingrained habit.

I stopped smoking for years apart from the very odd occasion, however I've recently started using it regularly again at much lower doses, believe it or not as a painkiller for my ridiculous headaches but also fun as well of course.

The general quality of weed seems to have increased tenfold, while the weights given appears to have decreased hugely to compensate. Seriously it's like a gram in a 20 bag now lol. I have decided to forgo baccy completely, simply rolling up a small amount in a small skin like a baccy roll up. Or alternatively I have two small discrete pipes that are useful for a quick few hits.

I have to say it's a lot nicer. Pure weed of decent quality doesn't actually feel bad on the lungs at all. And it burns fine in the spliff (just goes out a bit quicker if left) as long it's properly ground and relatively dry. The high comes on more gradually too rather than the sudden hit when baccy is added.

So my point is: fuck tobacco. Unnecessary cancer. I think it's what gets all these kids in London hooked on spliffs, they think they're addicted to weed but it's actually mostly the fags. The combination changes the weed buzz making it more addictive.

What do you guys think?

Here in Italy everyone rolls up using tobacco, as I did when I smoked regularly years ago.
Tobacco makes the joint burn better and more evenly but I agree I preferred smoking "pure" joints, as you said the effects creeps up on you rather than hitting instantly but it also feels less "harsh".
Tobacco makes me feel anxious and generally crappy unless I'm high on some stimulant or decently high on opioids, and this was felt through the weed high, it just felt dirtier (slight anxiousness, shortness of breath etc.) compared to a "pure" spliff.

Most smokers I know use a pipe, the tobacco addicts smoke a fag after. Hash smokers more likely to mix with tobacco.

Most smokers I know use a pipe, the tobacco addicts smoke a fag after. Hash smokers more likely to mix with tobacco.

Hash there's no choice is there? Can it be smoked without baccy?

The little 5 quid pipe I have is remarkably efficient. Currently my regime is a small pure joint followed by a few pipe hits. Works well.

Regarding burning more evenly, this is all in the grind and the quality of the roll. Baccy makes the whole process of making the joint and smoking easier yes, just chuck it all together and it will smoke fine. Just have to take a bit more care when smoking it as God intended. I wish more kids understood that baccy isn't necessary, loads get addicted to fags like this.

Hash there's no choice is there? Can it be smoked without baccy?

The little 5 quid pipe I have is remarkably efficient. Currently my regime is a small pure joint followed by a few pipe hits. Works well.

Regarding burning more evenly, this is all in the grind and the quality of the roll. Baccy makes the whole process of making the joint and smoking easier yes, just chuck it all together and it will smoke fine. Just have to take a bit more care when smoking it as God intended. I wish more kids understood that baccy isn't necessary, loads get addicted to fags like this.
A brazilian dude told me they mix the hash with weed to smoke it, might be a little expensive tho if you don't actually live in Brazil lol

That sounds like a lot of fun! Didn't think of that.

At a pinch you can smoke hash using a red bull can pipe.

Tobacco spliffs do burn better, which makes them ideal for social situations where a spliff is passed around. Everyone around me now vapes so it's harder to bum a little baccy to skin up with. At home I'll usually skin up with straight weed

I either vape or smoke pure spliffs. Used to use herbal tobacco but that is horrible. What I like is having access to cannabis leaf as it makes the perfect filler for a joint.

Yeh that's true, it is more convenient to pass around a group when it stays burning longer.

A huge bed of golden vag is not acceptable under any circumstance though ugh.

I read that the government are banning 10-packs of fags along with adopting the Australian style plain packaging. They're properly trying to eradicate smoking.

I wonder if people in the Western nations will still smoke in 100 years time. Nowadays, everyone seems to smoke E-cigs.

Eventually it will die out almost completely I think.

I've got a friend who smokes 40+ rollies a day and I just can't for the life of me understand why.

As long as people keep it separate from the 'erb then I'm happy

I smoked with tobacco in my weed for 18 years and then dumped it and smoked straight spliffs for the next ten. So much nicer tasting. If the pot is cured and dried properly it burns just fine. And hash i just smoked my bubble hash in a pipe with a screen. I did have a 6 month stint smoking some uber Manali charas where it was always in tobacco spliffs. But the people that brought the hash back from India only smoked that way and were staying with me so i was not complaining about it. 6 months of free freshly made charas of the highest order is not to be complained about even if it has to be with tobacco.

My daughter and her friends, being of the young and trendy generation that don't smoke fags, always roll neat 'blunts' (whatever the fuck they are). Contrary to the opinions above, I find a spliff without tobacco is unnecessarily harsh on the throat and lungs - and totally wasteful because the majority of it goes up in smoke. (Admittedly, I only developed a nicotine habit from smoking hash & baccy spliffs...)

I've not touched tobacco for about 2 years since i switched to vapeing.

I use the same herbs that i used for making 'noid blends; Marshmallow leaf, Mullein, and Damiana. The 3 mixed together taste pleasant enough and burn well in a bong, with bits of hash sprinkled on top.

I'm all for conspiracies but that just doesn't make sense. Tobacco companies are playing catch-up in a big way on the e-cig thing. Now they've realised they can actually make money out of not killing their customer base they're trying to make inroads with their propriety systems but I can't see them overtaking the existing "open source" technology that started this whole e-cig thing. Not unless government steps in with legislation that massively favours the tobacco companies' proprietary products. I wouldn't put it past them but would it's hard to see it working even if they did.

As a side note, it's massively cheaper to use an e-cig than smoke tobacco. I can't really conceive of any exceptions to that tbh.

e-cigs irritate me for some reason. Loads of people I know try them for a while and end up going back to fags, I guess fags are just more enjoyable.

Has anyone stopped using tobacco cos of my thread? Had another pure one on the way home from the shops (it's so bloody quiet here could hide bodies easily). It tasted really nice and didn't give me cancer.

Using tobacco in my joints is the main reason as to why I can't stop smoking cigarettes, yet I don't like using bongs or vaporizers... Tragic :(

e-cigs irritate me for some reason. Loads of people I know try them for a while and end up going back to fags, I guess fags are just more enjoyable.

Has anyone stopped using tobacco cos of my thread? Had another pure one on the way home from the shops (it's so bloody quiet here could hide bodies easily). It tasted really nice and didn't give me cancer.

They were cool back in the day when no one else had them. I had a little N-Joy I would puff on. Thing was nice and small didn't look like those ridiculously big things people carry around with a shit tons of juice in them. It looked like a normal fucking cigarette. Sure you couldn't blow giant clouds of smoke but the whole idea wasn't for you to be fogging up the room with some cinnamon bun smelling vapor that sticks around for fucking hours. Shit is MORE REPULSIVE TO ME THAN CIGGARETTE SMOKE. Some fake ass candy smelling shit giving my nose fucking diabetes.

Ever notice these new vapes look a lot more like penises??? As far as I'm concerned fuck vaping I'd rather chew cheap generic nicotine gum.