• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids To Sleep or Not To Sleep with Fentanyl

My Dr upped me from 25 mil to 50 mil on fentanyl last time and since then I sleep all the time. I can sleep 48 hours straight. No problem. I also take four norcos 10s a day but when I sleep I don't take them. But I'm scared that since he upped my mil I have been having breathing problems. I'm 38 and just been diagnosed with COPD I don't smoke. I don't know why but when I put that 50 in I started having breathing issues and sore throat and just drag ass. Idk if I should just quit the patch or what. He is wanting to up me to 100 this month. And what brand is the gel? Cvs told me to find out so they can order them for me because these little thin strips do not stay on without special adhesives

Tell your doctor you're having breathing issues. It can be fatal and the way he's just upping and upping the dose seemingly against your desire if you die he could and very well might easily be charged with manslaughter for his gross negligence, which is possible due to a recent court case.

Tell him you're having breathing issues and want something less powerful. Your tolerance will be high due to the fentanyl so it will take time to adjust and find an equivalent. Just make sure he doesn't try to take you off opiates completely because of it, but I doubt that would happen because you had normal opiates side effects from an extremely potent opiate. If he did cut you off there would be something seriously wrong with that Dr and I'm sure would put his job at risk doing that.