To: ME, when I was...

smile.gif

this is STILL my favorite part
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

And the next prince that comes along - I won't go on and on about rules and expectations and such. For you've taught me that none of that is as important as whether or not he can fly a kite.

makin sure this on stays around... :)
i think everyone in the future that joins this board should also have the opportunity to read this.
Mella

damn....
there's a lot i could say about you or your beautiful work... but i'll save it all and tell youwhen i see you, just so you can see the huge smile on my face.
aj the femme

I spent forever looking for this in the archive, and was almost in tears when I couldn't find it. My relief at realizing it was still around brings about this self-serving bump...
I had a sudden urge to go play on a swingset the other day, and it brought me back here.
Random note: my 2000th post. Not a big deal, just a reflection. Interesting that it all goes back to that swingset, isn't it? ;)
[ 08 May 2002: Message edited by: Dagny ]

happy 2000 sweetie, and thanks for bumping one of my favorites. this is one of those pieces that defines you... you're so wonderful ;)

when i was 5 i played with my dog, legos, toys, and my friends
now i dont have anything or anyone to play with :(

My birthday is in two days and this just reminds me of the wonderful parts of being a little girl. It's also a great reminder to let myself stay young no matter how many years old I am :) It's great to see this thread popping up again!

really nice amy. fucking amazing. all though your work is always amazing this one is really fucking great. thanks for sharing with us.

dagny you are the most amazing beautiful gorgeous delightful....I cant think of anymore words but youre just wonderful!!!! you brought a tear to my eye and made me smile the biggest smile ive had in days
biggrin.gif
.thank you soo much you amazing darling girl *a big wet smooch right on the lips* :)

Dagny,
One word comes to mind: breathtaking.
I always try to keep everything that you mentioned in mind always, but so many distractions get in the way sometimes. I want to stay that child inside so badly.
I too keep a picture nearby of me as a small child with my tongue hanging out and me pulling my ears out as far as they will go. It's adorable. I long to be that child every day, and made it a goal to listen to her once a day at the least.
Thank you.

this was so pretty...! I'm so tired right now. I could barely keep my eyes open, but this made my night... innocence is a wonderful thing!! I'm so glad I read this when I did, right before I go to sleep... like getting a bed time story, all I need is to get tucked in bed... heheheh thanks :)

Dagny, it gives me a ton of faith that we're onto something beautiful and purposeful in this chaotic universe when someone discovers and connects with the one true beautiful thing within them that cannot be random. There is this beautiful light, this source within us that proveds some meaning and lets us know that there is something deeper in the machinations of life. A lesson, a process of discovery, a celebration, a journey, a return?
Something about exposing a soul to the effects of time and space that stretch it out, for better and for worse. From those beautiful memories that can never be relived but reminiscend, to the potential of the future, with its optimism and despair. And the closeness of proximity and the separation of distance. It really goes so deep.
That's my reflection right now from what you expressed. Something so core, so pure, stretched into something so unlike what it started out as, and the pains and the joys of this journey. Do we lose touch with our original divine essence? Is it cast away forever? Can it be reclaimed?
Or has it been with us the whole time, and we just didn't know to look? :)
Thanks for this Dagny, thank you all for being special in the way that you are. And it is so affirming when someone reaches a place they want to be, we're all a little closer to heaven.

Holy fuck, Dags.

This piece certainly holds up.

I miss you immensely and hope you are exactly as happy as you deserve to be. :)

Absolutely beautiful.

What you've put into words is something that I've been thinking about alot lately. Where that young child who dreamed of flying through space, magical riverboat rides, and interesting creatures went. It sometimes seems that he just disappeared and it saddens me.

And then about 2 weeks ago I realized that he didn't disappear, I was just ignoring him.

I could've never put it better than you have here. Beautiful.

"And the next prince that comes along - I won't go on and on about rules and expectations and such. For you've taught me that none of that is as important as whether or not he can fly a kite."

I found him, my prince. And he can fly a kite!

Wow, I can't believe this made it into the Best of...