TMA-2, any experience?

Dave Nichols is one of _The Grinch That Stole Christmas_'s characters by Dr. Suess.
Also, he is a cantakerous, dictatorial old man who understands not higher organic chemistry SAR prediction to the least bit. HE IS NOT A TRUE SCIENTIST ANYMORE, not this Time everyway.
But back to TMA-2, this "spice / flavoring" (remember that d _ _ _ is a 4 letter word now and should neVer be spoken of or about or legislated into obsurity AGAIN either), while worthwhile, is muchmunch more toxic than than the now-so-lovely ammonia-ated Magnolia EO (aka Andre 2000 A.D. aka 3,4-MeOMeOA or just plain old MMA).
I have 'never had' the _real_ TMA-2, but I have have anointed my tongue with the Sweet Flag EO and had a slightly vertiginous trip (I needed some Dramamine, mon!) with color enhancement and maybe some stoning. I also puked.
MMA is MUCH less toxic because 6-OH-dopamine is a POTENT neurotoxin not unlike tma-2.
Keep up the good work, Meilikhios, and EVERYONE will be fine.
Otherwise......................................
[ 28 September 2002: Message edited by: CezarChavezLeonDeGeNoAUs ]

Originally posted by Meilikhios:
When you think that more recently he's discovered a PEA that's even stronger by a 100 factor than LSD in terms of potency
What drug is this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Dexter666:
I have used pure self synthesized MDMA/MDA powder before at all sorts of dosages .
MMMM, self incrimination...
I dont understand why people want to class drugs by there effects.. Personally, i found mescaline an incredible entactogen.. Ive alsofound MDMA to be psychedelic..

Originally posted by morninggloryseed:

What drug is this?
He merely mentions that it's a simple PEA, nothing more. You can read more here.
As we've said Nichols doesn't divulge much.

I have emailed St. Nick (aka Dr.Dave Nichols @ Purdue U.) dozens upon dozens of times, and trust me, he is an old fogey who DOES NOT follow the groundation of scientific / experimetal theory. The point of science to do nu experiments AND THEN SEE what may have occurred.
For example, I once asked him about 4-(MeO or EtO or isopropoxy)-3,5-dimethyl-PEA, and he summarily dissmissed my inquiry saying something to the effect of--
(paraphrased quote/unquote)
I am so sure that those compounds are not psychoactive that I will never allow them to be synthesized here at my university. My time and resources are much too valuable to do something new.
That Man is a mofo'in prick, mates.
Further[john]moore,
If you have read PIHKAL thoroughly by now, you will already know that I was right on the Target about those compounds, AND I didn't read that 'commentary' in PIHKAL until after Dr.D and I had had our little cat fights via email.
"Believe it or not."--Mr. Ripley
[ 29 September 2002: Message edited by: Curious_George ]

Maybe the chemical is the one on his report that shows DOB then shows another stucture that is more potent than DOB as i always thought DOB was the most potent phenethylamine but i don't know and also i'm sure it will in time be known.

David Nichols has invented a while series of super-potent phenethylamines... we're talking drugs more potent by weight than LSD. Yet, he won't publish info about them... Hell, he won't even say their NICKNAMES in public (hint, for those who know Nichols, I'm referring to the chemicals he named after a certain kind of insect)... much less the chemical name or structure.
Nichols is not a scientist, he's just conducting masturbatory research that benefits nobody since he won't publish it.

Originally posted by Curious_George:

For example, I once asked him about 4-(MeO or EtO or isopropoxy)-3,5-dimethyl-PEA, and he summarily dissmissed my inquiry saying something to the effect of--
If you have read PIHKAL thoroughly by now, you will already know that I was right on the Target about those compounds,
That serie of product you mentionned 4-alkyloxy,2,5-dimethyl-PEA i would be very surprise if it were psychedelic. It's a known fact fact today that in order to be psychedelic a PEA must have at least 2 oxygens atom on its benzene ring and preferably for higher potency at least one on the ortho position.
Where did you find out that those you mentionned were psychedelic ? They could be stimulants but psychedelic ? I doubt.
[ 29 September 2002: Message edited by: Meilikhios ]

Originally posted by Murple:

Nichols is not a scientist, he's just conducting masturbatory research that benefits nobody since he won't publish it.
Albert Hoffmann didn't publish his research about LSD until several years after the war was over because he realized the bad potential that his research could have would they fall in the wrong hands (read Nazis).
Would that make Hofmann a no scientist ? No.
Same goes for Nichols.

Hey people, this talk is way off topic. I am actually interested in opinions regarding TMA-2, not opinions regarding Dr Nichols personality.
Anyone have anymore to contribute regarding TMA-2?
Cheers,
;)

I am quite sure Nichols did publish at least some of his research on the butterfly compounds, not sure about the LSD homologues or other phenethylamines though…

Originally posted by Murple:
David Nichols has invented a while series of super-potent phenethylamines... we're talking drugs more potent by weight than LSD. Yet, he won't publish info about them... Hell, he won't even say their NICKNAMES in public (hint, for those who know Nichols, I'm referring to the chemicals he named after a certain kind of insect)... much less the chemical name or structure.
If Nichols hasn't published, how is it that we're discussing this so knowledgebly?

Originally posted by Dexter666:
Well lets just say i made it when it was legal and lets leave it at that.
Your profile says your 21. If you live in the US how did you manage to make it before it was illigal. Did you do it as a project at nursery school? Or have you invented some kind of time travel device?

Originally posted by parre:
Maybe he just lied about his age here at bluelight? :X
Maybe he lied about making MDMA; much more likely.
Anyone cleaver enough to make MDMA should be cleaver enough to either make all his fact consistent or to not incriminate him self on a internet forum watched by law enforcement agencies.

I may have been on DXM at the time and was not thinking staight and for the record i've NEVER made a single illegal drug in my life let alone doing any illegal activity.

Seriously, if you live in USA (or maybe it doesn't matter where you live?) and let's say you post that you've made 2 kilos of amphetamine and that you sold it, and let's say it's true, can it get you busted?
In that case, how? If you don't have any illegal drugs or precursors at your home, even if you do get raided, they can't charge you? Or are there countries where you can be charged based on a post on an Internet message board? In that case most of the trip reports are self-incriminating, or are they considered to be pure fiction in the eyse of the law?