TMA-2, any experience?

parre

Bluelighter
I read a bit on it in Tihkal (or was it Pihkal? Don't remember if it's a phenethylamine or tryptamine) and it seems quite nice, but not too special.
The trip reports on erowid makes it seem as if it sucked. It's a bit more expensive (dosage-wise) than other RC's like 5-MeO-DiPT and AMT, so I'm not sure wether to try it or not.
There seems to be few reports on it and few people that have tried it and written about it (I assume it's not because TMA-2 is a killer drug that kills 90% of it's users :p), so that's what makes me want to try it. The reports on it being nothing special at all makes me not want to. Shulgin's encounters of +3 makes me want to try it.
So, anyone here with personal experience? Any bad side effects? How's the body load? Bearable? Compared to lets say Foxy? Dosage for the first time? 20mg? 40mg? Most erowid reports cite 40. Should I split the dosage up, since that seemed to intensify the experience (at least that's how I understood Shulgin)?
Thanks.
[ 27 September 2002: Message edited by: morninggloryseed ]

Okay so you've read about it in PiHKAL given that it's a phenethylamine (an amphetamine to be precise).
Now TMA-2 doesn't "suck" - it rules ! It's very pleasant both on the body and on the mind. It's supposedly exactly like mescaline minus the visual component. I can say personally that i liked it very much. I've tried it 3 times at 25, 28 and 32mg.
Regarding the effect on the body, it's very pleasant, a strong body euphoria typical to psychedelic PEA's, in fact undistinguishable from that of 2C-T-7. It's nothing like this most devilish crappy drug that doesn't deserve to be called foxy (5-MeO-DiPT). Comparing TMA-2 to 5-MeO-DiPT is like comparing coconut juice to arsenic.
There were some side effects however at 32mg i've had a short lived vertigo and nausea during the onset - all that faded quickly and was not a concern at all.
Now the effects on the mind i would say it's very fun, very very mood lifting, terribly goofy (i kept laughing at the hilarious aspect of tha world) and humourous. It's also pretty benign in that there's no dark corner with it. It's also quite insightful i have found. Visually it's especially striking as a dark-light contrast enhancer and color enhancer. There are also moderate transparent visuals/patterns and rippling/undulations movement. Pretty smooth all in all.
My advice is that if you can then you must try it, it's very worthwhile IMO and experience.
For a 1st time, well just be wise and take 20mg no more. There shouldn't be any sideeffects whatsoever at that dosage. It's not terribly visual at light dosage though and becomes more so as you increase dosage.
I've had however some after effects. In particular i usually feel fried during 2 days afterwards which seems to come from apmhetamine-like effect of this drug (which also explains its highly euphoric effects btw). All that cleared after 2 days without any problem.
All in all a very fun drug to try absolutely !
PS:
if there's not a lot of report about it in erowid it's simply because that stuff doesn't exist on the US market not because it's a bad phen - it's a pretty good one in fact.
[ 27 September 2002: Message edited by: Meilikhios ]

^^ From the looks of it, TMA-2 sounds great.
Thats odd how it doesn't seem as big as the others "foxy" and AMT? But, with glowing expierences like you have given it makes me want to try it.
How would you compare it to say AMT? If you have done it, of course.
[ 27 September 2002: Message edited by: karma_is ]

I can still get it legally as a RC but i allways thought that this being a RC is a little wierd considering that it would definetly be illegal by the analog act cause TMA is listed but i have gotten it before from Japan so i don't know just how safe doing so would be but anyways its a great drug and does produce some nice visuals nothing strong though but yes i found it to be quite like Mescaline.Also whats up with all this dissing on 5MeO-DIPT on this board i love it and find it second to only a few drugs like LSD/Shrooms/Mescaline and 2CB but other than those its my fav plus everyone who i've given it to loved it also just take some loperamide or if you can get a hold of some type of opiate or opioid like Oxycodone then try the two together no body load and wonderful effects better than E anyday 20mg 5MeO-DiPT with 15mg Oxycodone will change your mind about this RC.

Originally posted by Dexter666:
20mg 5MeO-DiPT with 15mg Oxycodone will change your mind about this RC.
[OPINION]5-MeO-DiPT sucks. And if you have to suggest to a person to add something to it in order to make it nice, then it's obviously flawed.[/OPINION]

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, 15mg of oxycodone to make it bearable? :p
No, but really I do not regret having tried 5-MeO-DMT... its just not cracked out to what it's suppose to be, 'foxy'.

Originally posted by karma_is:
No, but really I do not regret having tried 5-MeO-DMT... its just not cracked out to what it's suppose to be, 'foxy'.
5-Meo-DMT is NOT "foxy". "Foxy" is 5-Meo-DiPT...they are NOT the same.
Off-topic:
[OPINION] 5-Meo-DiPT is awesome. It offers a wonderful psychedelic experience without the intensity of shrooms of LSD (in moderate doses). It offers heightened tactile sensations without the inability to cum (as opposed to mdma, lsd, or shrooms). It offers wonderful fractal visuals. And personally I have NEVER experienced the slightest intestinal discomfort or nausea from this substance.[/OPINION]

Originally posted by craig420:

5-Meo-DiPT is awesome. It offers heightened tactile sensations without the inability to cum (as opposed to mdma, lsd, or shrooms).
Mushrooms and LSD have never stopped me from cumming, and MDMA makes it difficult...but not impossible. I've never had any intestinal discomfort or nausea from 5-MeO-DiPT either. Just a horrendous body-load and lack of any interesting mental effects to make it worth it. I found it to be (for the most part) a complete waste of time.

I can still get it legally as a RC but i allways thought that this being a RC is a little wierd considering that it would definetly be illegal by the analog act cause TMA is listed
If you are in the US or Canada then TMA-2 is a schedule I drug, not just an analogue but a schedule 1 drug in its own right just as illegal as heroin or MDMA.

5MeO-DiPT may seem lame to you but trust me that combo is hot much better than E and alot more euphoric too try it and as for TMA-2 being schedule-1 your right
"Erowid-TMA is a schedule I substance in the United States, making it illegal to buy, sell, or possess. TMA-2 - TMA-6 are all positional isomers of TMA, making them schedule I substances as well"
but apparently i can get it though RC connects don't know if they know it or not but its probally not something i'll order again do to risk.

5MeO-DiPT may seem lame to you but trust me that combo is hot much better than E
Then you must be getting some pretty low quality MDMA to make a comment as rediculous as that.

I have used pure synthesized MDMA/MDA powder before at all sorts of dosages and still find 5MeO-DiPT/Oxycodone to be way more interesting but its a matter of personal opinion either way and i do still perfer most psychedelics to E cause thats who i am but everyone i know agrees with me that this combo produces an extreme state of bliss now MDMA/Oxycodone is a whole other story talk about Ecstasy it was great but still missing that psychedelic touch.
[ 30 September 2002: Message edited by: Dexter666 ]

Ecstasy it was great but still missing that psychedelic touch.
What are you talking about? MDMA is a psychedelic. The word psychedelic has nothing to do with visuals. It has to do with "opening" of the mind. MDMA absolutly does this. MDMA is a psychedelic drug.

Originally posted by morninggloryseed:

What are you talking about? MDMA is a psychedelic. The word psychedelic has nothing to do with visuals. It has to do with "opening" of the mind. MDMA absolutly does this. MDMA is a psychedelic drug.
MDMA is not a psychedelic drug, it's effects are special and nothing like those of psychedelics. That's why Dave Nichols coined the term 'entactogen' to designate this new class of substance which differs from psychedelics both from the pharmacological and psychological point of view.

Thanks for all the replies. Didn't think of it being illegal in North America. It isn't illegal in Sweden, not yet, at least not that I know of. I might be trying it some time soon, but then again, I'd rather trip on acid if the opportunity arises.
But, I promise that if I do get TMA-2 and use it that I'll write a trip report :)

David Nichols is on crack. MDMA is a psychedelic, and a damn powerful one at that. Nicols also thinks MBDB is some sort of "entactogen" that can't be classified as a psychedelic. Obviously, he has no clue what the fuck he's talking about when it comes to psychedelics.
Nichols may be a good chemist, but I have very little respect for him due to his refusal to publish most of his findings.

Originally posted by Murple:
David Nichols is on crack.
I think he's damn sober.

MDMA is a psychedelic, and a damn powerful one at that.
No it isn't. Are you sure it's not you who's on crack ;) ?!

Nicols also thinks MBDB is some sort of "entactogen" that can't be classified as a psychedelic. Obviously, he has no clue what the fuck he's talking about when it comes to psychedelics.
As well as MDEA, BDB, FLEA, and to some extent MDA. Regarding he's ignorance of psychedelics, he sure is completely ignorant on the subject, this probably explains why he runs the only institute who specializes in cutting edge research on psychedelics.

Nichols may be a good chemist, but I have very little respect for him due to his refusal to publish most of his findings.
So basically you disagree with his statements about MDMA simply because you disapprove of his not publishing his discoveries ?

When you look at what happened with the discoveries of Shulgin : several death with 2C-T-7 and a guy in coma with 5-MeO-AMT i can certainly understand his position. Another thing is that one discovery of Nichols 4-MTA has already killed some people as well as MBDB (although we're talking only a few people here). In all cases we are talking about young people. It must be difficult for scientists to see their discoveries leading to several casualties. Shulgin accepts that risk. Nichols obviously doesn't. When you think that more recently he's discovered a PEA that's even stronger by a 100 factor than LSD in terms of potency i certainly understand his position.

As Rabelais said "science without conscience is ruin of the soul"... Nichols knows that. And his position is certainly a very ethical standpoint. It sure frustrates me (and you too obviously) but i think that the personnal satisfaction of a few people is not worth the deaths of others. Ican accept his refusal.

I have a great deal of respect for him both for his works (or rather the little that i know of) and his ethical standpoint.

PS:
if you think that "he's on crack" as you say because he thinks MDMA is in a class of its own then don't forget to add Richard Glennon on the list as well as Julie Holland and probably a few other people. Also i suggest you go teach all these ignorant people and bring your lights to them ;) .
[ 28 September 2002: Message edited by: Meilikhios ]
[ 28 September 2002: Message edited by: Meilikhios ]