TMA-2, any experience?

Come on...
This is way off topic. Anyone with actual experience of TMA-2 that they can offer?

Well said, Meilikhios. Spoken like a true scholar!
Happy Trails,
DrWild

I have used pure synthesized MDMA/MDA powder before at all sorts of dosages
I don't even know where to cut the quotes off at because you fail to understand that in basic english you end your sentences with a period.

Becaues you don't even comprehend basic english, I seriously doubt you'd be anyone in a position to know if you were getting any pure schedule I substance. The fact that you go and point out that it was "synthesized" also makes it very unlikely. All MDMA/MDA is synthesized. Chances are your drug dealer charged you extra by saying you were getting pure stuff and you had absolutely no way of verifying it other than to take his word. The guy could have even had a flask with powder in it and told you he was a chemist. But believe me, anyone who would be producing illegal drugs would not tell anyone like you about it.
and still find 5MeO-DiPT/Oxycodone to be way more interesting
I prefer oxycodone to just about everything.
But 5-MeO-DiPT is crap.
but its a matter of personal opinion
Too bad your personal opinion sucks.
either way and i do still perfer most psychedelics to E
Main Entry: [2]psychedelic
Function: adjective
Date: 1957
1 a : of, relating to, or being drugs (as LSD) capable of producing abnormal psychic effects (as hallucinations) and sometimes psychic states resembling mental illness b : produced by or associated with the use of psychedelic drugs <a psychedelic experience>

That would make MDMA a psychedelic drug.
As for Nichols, I don't blame him either. I really wouldn't want to contribute to fueling some ignorant drug culture.

I would not in the least be concerned about some freak deaths. I would be concerned about thousands of kids like Dexter666 and the majority of American drug counter-culture that just doesn't get it and using a good thing as a way of making yourself an idiot. Why feed human ignorance.

As far as I'm concerned, what Shulgin does is completely unethical, unscientific and I think he's just a complete airhead. The guy sits there and preaches this and that about the human mind, but he's preaching to people he knows take these drugs blindly and simply party with them just giving drugs more of a bad name. He takes no responsiblity for anything. He's ignorant and most likely he's become the product of all the drugs he's ingested. Neither him or his wife really seem to understand that there is a world going on while they sit around aloof and unaware.

I also highly disagree with Shulgin's notion that the key to understanding humanity and finding a cure for all our problems is going to come from finding some conscious altering drug. The reason he's created so many drugs and not found "the one" is because "the one" doesn't exist. There is no magical drug that's going to be a cure for everything by providing the ultimate psychedelic experience. Because everyone has a unique personality and everyone is going to react differently.

Last edited by a moderator:
I first said self synthesized but at the time was on DXM but soon my mistake was pointed out so i changed it.Please do not make harsh judgement on me as i know alot about this type of shit but i've been useing way to many drugs lately to bee posting anything but anyways about not using periods in my posts i'm going to try to work on that.When i type i don't use them for some reason but instead make it seem like a long drawn out sentance and i have trouble putting them in the right places again i don't know why.Well i'd just like to say i will try not to try to post while on dissociatives ok and by the way the 5MeO-DiPT/Oxycodone combo is to me better than E as i don't get much of an effect off E any more but even when i did it was'nt what i would expect from a drug called Ecstasy.So as you can see E dose'nt do much for me and plus i prefer Tripping to any other type of intoxication and like to have visuals not just a strong feeling of empathy.

Meilikhios said:
Okay so you've read about it in PiHKAL given that it's a phenethylamine (an amphetamine to be precise).
Now TMA-2 doesn't "suck" - it rules ! It's very pleasant both on the body and on the mind. It's supposedly exactly like mescaline minus the visual component. I can say personally that i liked it very much. I've tried it 3 times at 25, 28 and 32mg.
Regarding the effect on the body, it's very pleasant, a strong body euphoria typical to psychedelic PEA's, in fact undistinguishable from that of 2C-T-7. It's nothing like this most devilish crappy drug that doesn't deserve to be called foxy (5-MeO-DiPT). Comparing TMA-2 to 5-MeO-DiPT is like comparing coconut juice to arsenic.
There were some side effects however at 32mg i've had a short lived vertigo and nausea during the onset - all that faded quickly and was not a concern at all.
Now the effects on the mind i would say it's very fun, very very mood lifting, terribly goofy (i kept laughing at the hilarious aspect of tha world) and humourous. It's also pretty benign in that there's no dark corner with it. It's also quite insightful i have found. Visually it's especially striking as a dark-light contrast enhancer and color enhancer. There are also moderate transparent visuals/patterns and rippling/undulations movement. Pretty smooth all in all.
My advice is that if you can then you must try it, it's very worthwhile IMO and experience.
For a 1st time, well just be wise and take 20mg no more. There shouldn't be any sideeffects whatsoever at that dosage. It's not terribly visual at light dosage though and becomes more so as you increase dosage.
I've had however some after effects. In particular i usually feel fried during 2 days afterwards which seems to come from apmhetamine-like effect of this drug (which also explains its highly euphoric effects btw). All that cleared after 2 days without any problem.
All in all a very fun drug to try absolutely !
PS:
if there's not a lot of report about it in erowid it's simply because that stuff doesn't exist on the US market not because it's a bad phen - it's a pretty good one in fact.
[ 27 September 2002: Message edited by: Meilikhios ]

I noticed that this thread was based on a single report. I've taken TMA2 a few times from 15-50mg doses. I didn't like it the first time (nausea, speedy effects, lasts too long, not good visuals,long hangover) but as I persevered, I decided I REALLY didn't like it. Finally I cut it into some MDA and gave it to an IV user who I didn't like at the time... I wanted him to have a bad trip. But HE liked it. I suspect if you like 1/2 a tab of acid & some speed, this is your boy.

I tried TMA2 over the new year period

It was quite interesting, 2C type visuals but not very intense. More a brightening of everything than any movement you usually associate with trips

The drug made me more aware of my bodily functions. Slight nausia and intestinal cramps, you were very aware of phlem in the throat and slight constant bladder pressure

All in all didnt really think it was worth the effort, apart from ticking another one off the list

Has anyone had an awesome experience on it? Worth pushing higher doses maybe?

bump...

Hello everyone. I just acquired 2 100mg samples of this substance, along with some other fairly rare ones that there isn't much info on. Sadly, this thread has very little to do with TMA-2. Anyone here have any recent experiences w/ this compound? All of the TR on erowid are fairly old.. Any input is appreciated!

I acquired 250mgs of tma2 several weeks back and the one time i tried it i did 60mg. I usually have to add on a bit to shulgin's reports. luckily the possible recklessness of starting at the higher end of the spectrum didn't bite me in the butt this time.

Eitherway I wouldnt recommend anyone go over 60mg. I know I wouldn't get anything from a dose that is lower than 60 or at least the lack of intensity would annoy me. The easiest way to summarize what I found this compound to be is what shulgin said "archetypal psychedelic". No visuals for me or the guy I tripped with and we were both at 60mg. All in all it was not much I'm just glad i had nitrous and pot to go with it. IMO not worth it unless you have nothing else to take.

i think this last guys post needs to be removed.

also, just recently got hold of some of this tma 2, but no recent reports on it. cant say im dying to be the first to taste it, but so far the results seem to be split between those who like it a lot and those who are bored with it even at double doses.

anyone have any recent trips?

I tried tma-2 last weekend and i liked it.
I taked 60mg dose wich gave me little hallusinations and good dancing and partying feeling not bad at all. Shadows where little bit dancing and everything was alive. :D 60mg was a little bit strong but i dont complaint. i have used 2c-e before and it was little like that but not nausea at all and not so strong vizualitions. peace. my english is not very good but i hope u undestand something.

oh and when it came down i just collapsed to friends mansions bed and sleeped over 12 hours hehe i allso smoke very much good dank that night about 4g's