• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Tips on not getting so damn paranoid???

Shutthefuckup182

Greenlighter
I always get pretty paranoid when smoking at a party or when driving around. I feel less paranoid when smoking at home but in the end I always feel paranoid and sometimes it gets to the point where I'm not even enjoying the high, I'm just sitting there thinking "holy shit man what was that?" or, when in class I feel like the teacher knows I'm high or that I'm acting totally weird. I know almost everyone gets paranoid, but does anyone have any tips to overcome it so I can enjoy my damn high for once!?:(

I think if you are absorbed in something you'll quit being so paranoid. Have you tried playing music or watching the tv? What I mean is mebbe you should try turning up the volume a little bit. Also I find eating weed is a real relaxer, for myself I find 25mg of weed candy/brownie is similar to 10-15 mg of valium.

Just came in after smoking to find this sitting in my replies! Defiantly have to try the brownies asap and, the "think if you are absorbed in something" really helped! Now watching Adventure Time, feeling pretty relaxed %)

You need cbd to counter the thc effect that cause restlessness and irritability

don't smoke in situations where the high will make you paranoid, like in class or driving around. tried and true, has 100% success rate :)

don't smoke in situations where the high will make you paranoid, like in class or driving around. tried and true, has 100% success rate :)

Hot damn, Mother Fucker Jones is on point again.

[EDIT so as not to be construed as an insult:
tumblr_luxqcuhidV1qi7kbeo8_r1_250.gif

While I agree this is sound advice, personally I still get paranoid in situations where I should be comfortable, i.e at home.

The only way I can enjoy cannabis is by using very small amounts, I use a pipe to achieve this. It's easy for me to overdo it and enter the realm of psychological discomfort. Therefore, I think if you experience paranoia when using cannabis, the first thing you should try is:

Focussing on controlling very carefully the amount you use
. Start with an extremely small amount and titrate upwards to find your tolerable limit; just like you would with any potentially dangerous drug.

First of all, don't drive high. You SHOULD be paranoid if you're doing that.

Secondly, I just look at paranoia as one of the effects of the drug. When it starts getting to me I realize it's drug induced, take note of my ridiculous behavior, and then usually start laughing because it's hilarious.

Distracting myself usually helps when it's just the weed making me paranoid rather than my situation. If it doesn't I just pop a benzo or two then continue smoking.

Jibult - motherfucker Jones haha

While I agree this is sound advice, personally I still get paranoid in situations where I should be comfortable, i.e at home.

The only way I can enjoy cannabis is by using very small amounts, I use a pipe to achieve this. It's easy for me to overdo it and enter the realm of psychological discomfort. Therefore, I think if you experience paranoia when using cannabis, the first thing you should try is:

Focussing on controlling very carefully the amount you use
. Start with an extremely small amount and titrate upwards to find your tolerable limit; just like you would with any potentially dangerous drug.

This is very true. I used to be the same when I smoked irregularly (very easy to smoke a little too much and stop enjoying it). However now, with tolerance, I'm fine with basically however much I smoke (setting still relevant of course)

unfortunately thc brings paranoia. For years I smoked and tried to fight against it but just some months ago I realized it was a lost battle.
I'm naturally subject to paranoia and anxiety and I decided to quit smoking because it's not worth it. If I smoke a little the effects induced are too weak ( then it's not worth to smoke), if I smoke too much I get anxiety/ paranoia/ panick attacks. Every once in a while I succeded to get the "right amount" but I realized I dindn't like the high that much, I just wanted to get stoned..
It's been 3 months since I smoked and to be honest I don't miss it at all. Some people enjoy the high, some people don't.
I might smoke a joint once in a while, but I don't plan to smoke regularly like I did in the past.

perhaps find another drug of choice? or explore in greater depth all forms of the plant which is know as cannabis. i personally have a vast range of side effects from the plant. the most predictable and smoothest high for myself would be in the form of a really high quality hash.

Smoke only in comfortable settings that aren't in public and make sure it's somewhere that you don't have to worry about someone who wouldn't approve showing up.

Only smoke with those who you are close with and won't have to worry about making you feel uncomfortable for whatever reason.

You need cbd to counter the thc effect that cause restlessness and irritability

No but this is everything here. CBD kicks in after the peak of THC. This is why this drug is so amazing and we love it. So after you're banged out and the HR n BP go up the CBD comes in to stop this intense euphoria. Just turns it down a tad. But definitely gets rid of the anxiety n paranoia. I just experienced it as I right this.

Maybe it's because I'm vaporizing but I would find myself anxious n paranoid within the first hour and then calm n relaxed for like 2-3 more hours.

But I believe this is how marijuana should be balanced. THC:CBD ratio is key. Though, all the growers these days are more interested in raising the THC content without touching the CBD. This is where the problems arise.

1) Smoke solo.
2) Play music.
3) Dance.
4) Pointedly don't feel stupid about it.
5) Repeat until you get the hang of your paranoia.

You'll be fine.

Just want to point out that u should feel paranoid when driving and smoking because on the road that's the police jurisdiction, you're in their territory. they won't come into your home (unless ur on probation) but if you're on the road you're risking getting busted

When the paranoia becomes a regular thing I'd think about stopping to be honest..

go to your bedroom lock the door, play some suitable relaxing music and then enjoy painting the ceiling

Try smoking with new people and socializing with a different crowd of folks. Sometimes taking you out of comfort zone youre in works wonders for anxiety and paranoia. You will learn the hard way how to deal with it.