Tips on Getting Past the Doorman?

dr seuss said:
Horst Wessell

man, you owe me a keyboard.

i dunno how much longer this one is going to work, seeing as how beer just came out of my nose all over it.

if you go to a club enough, it's inevitable that you're gonna meet the promoters or other people who can get you in. but aside from hard cash, i'm not sure how else to do these things spur-of-the-moment.

ot: godess - though i am greatly offended by some of your politics, notions of history, etc., i am kinda curious about this television show. will watch as much as i can stand.

Rats, they pulled my last show 'cause I was foul-mouthed and didn't substitute another. Next show will be live Feb 23 at 9pm.

damn i need to block all you british ppl...whenever i read anythign you type it just confuses the fuck out of me!!! ><

This very thread is why the best clubs are the ones that only a few people know about.

But seriously, one of the best ways to get into a club free is to very simply be a nice and confident person. Go on off nights and tip the doorman, even when no one else does. Trust me, they remember you. Doormen have long memories in my experience and looking like trash is a sure cure for paying ridiculous prices to sit in the VIP section.

Infernal said:
This very thread is why the best clubs are the ones that only a few people know about.

But seriously, one of the best ways to get into a club free is to very simply be a nice and confident person. Go on off nights and tip the doorman, even when no one else does. Trust me, they remember you. Doormen have long memories in my experience and looking like trash is a sure cure for paying ridiculous prices to sit in the VIP section.

First, there's not many good clubs in Tucson.

Second, I went back on an off-night, Friday. (Thurs & Sat R the busiest.)

The doorman remembered me, said something about paying $25 inside. (Like maybe, after he lets me in the VIP line I should tip the hostess inside the door.)

I tipped the bartenders very well: $10 for tapwater after the lights came on at 2am. And $25 for a double screwdriver and tap water (no bottles -- guess it would look silly drinking H20 from a plastic bottle without a straw).

I also changed my avitar on MySpace so it fits perfectly the comment I made about their White Wednesday's. ("I love wearing all White!")

The best solution is to have a large livingroom and entertain at home!

lurkerguy said:
Go to a transvestite club?

No, I'm TS -- had the surgery & LOVE it or love not having IT!

The gay bar here in town is great for picking up chicks/dicks or chicks with dicks (music is too "gay" for me), I prefer DJ trance (like at Burning Man -- last year the best DJ there was at Opulant Temple) and funky classic mixes.

The "Lounge" I prefer now has DJ's from 'round the U.S. perform on Thursdays.

I didn't mean to be shallow I am just saying that is why doormen might be trying to dick you over.

Nothing more superficial than fancy nightclubs after all.

lurkerguy said:
I didn't mean to be shallow I am just saying that is why doormen might be trying to dick you over.

Nothing more superficial than fancy nightclubs after all.

Cool, I know what you mean, you're not being mean!
I run into that occasionally.
My first question always is:
Did someone complain?
The usual answer is, "No."

I totally understand:
Sometimes I don't present myself well
Especially with so much winter fat
(Need to lose about 8 pounds.)
See here: My Picture

Peace, Love & :) Raquel!