L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Tinder questions

paranoid android

Bluelight Crew
So i am joining the modern age soon and getting a cell phone. I am also planning on going on tinder cause why not. Do you have to have a smartphone to use tinder or can you use a dumbphone or flip phone or burner or wtf ever they are called? Also is it just a hookup sight or are there people on there looking for actual relationships? I really know nothing about the ap so ya sorry if i seem completely ignorant and behind the times.

Last edited:
Tinder is more for hookups, yea... there are a bunch of apps and they all cater to different types, IIRC there's a thread on SLR about the differences

So idk if you know this but tinder is an all dude site if I remember right. I think Grindr is the girla and guys one. Just some info. And the there’s even fetlife if you get really deep but that’s like some freaky shit I had to run away from haha…

I thought it was a sandwich app, then I end up helping this guy move but then his new house was only 45 feet down the road. Then he rubbed tartar sauce on the walls and attacked me with a bag of lemons! Still better than Subway tho.

my own experience of dating apps in the last 10 years has been absolute dogshite

99% of the female profiles are either bots or girls trying to send you a link for their instagram/onlyfans

of the 1% from that, 99% don't work out and never lead to a date.

I swiped tinder for several years and got laid one time total, and it was with someone who I never considered dating seriously due to standards and such.

Overall, it was an exercise in frustration and just made me feel like an asshole. It really tests your self esteem as a man.

Dating online as a man is a ridiculously bad experience.

But I have a strong intuition that if you're in a rural area it would be a much better experience. In any half big city it is absolutely shit and just a way to extort money from lonely men.

You need a smartphone. There will be people looking for both hookups and relationships.

I thought that with tinder being on desktop now all you needed was a valid phone number and a way to send and recive texts. Or does it not work that way?

Last edited:
my own experience of dating apps in the last 10 years has been absolute dogshite

99% of the female profiles are either bots or girls trying to send you a link for their instagram/onlyfans

of the 1% from that, 99% don't work out and never lead to a date.

I swiped tinder for several years and got laid one time total, and it was with someone who I never considered dating seriously due to standards and such.

Overall, it was an exercise in frustration and just made me feel like an asshole. It really tests your self esteem as a man.

Dating online as a man is a ridiculously bad experience.

But I have a strong intuition that if you're in a rural area it would be a much better experience. In any half big city it is absolutely shit and just a way to extort money from lonely men.

That is not encouraging at all. Dating in a rural area like this sucks fucking balls as is. Most of the women here are just not my type really. Here they tend to be the karen type although there vare rare exceptions.

Having to wade through scams and shit does not sound like fun either

That is not encouraging at all. Dating in a rural area like this sucks fucking balls as is. Most of the women here are just not my type really. Here they tend to be the karen type although there vare rare exceptions.

Having to wade through scams and shit does not sound like fun either

yeah, sorry man I just want to be honest with your potential experience

I wasted a lot of time on it. A lot of men post their statistics with tinder and shit online. It's all the same. 99.9999% waste of time, even if you're a good looking dude with a nice job, it really doesn't matter.

But hey, I've only lived in big metro American cities. That's just my time with it.

yeah, sorry man I just want to be honest with your potential experience

I wasted a lot of time on it. A lot of men post their statistics with tinder and shit online. It's all the same. 99.9999% waste of time, even if you're a good looking dude with a nice job, it really doesn't matter.

But hey, I've only lived in big metro American cities. That's just my time with it.

That fucking sucks. The only potential reason i even want a smartphone over a dumbphone/old flip phone is that i wanna try out tinder. Could i just use tinder on desktop if i only have a flip phone or do you actually need a smartphone to sign up and shit?

I figured since im actually in wicked shape now i might try it out. I don't even have a job these days so dunno how that will go over lol. I have technically dated online in the past but that was by taking to people online and getting to know them not as out actually looking to hook up

That fucking sucks. The only potential reason i even want a smartphone over a dumbphone/old flip phone is that i wanna try out tinder. Could i just use tinder on desktop if i only have a flip phone or do you actually need a smartphone to sign up and shit?

I figured since im actually in wicked shape now i might try it out. I don't even have a job these days so dunno how that will go over lol. I have technically dated online in the past but that was by taking to people online and getting to know them not as out actually looking to hook up
Have you tried OKCupid? It has a desktop interface and I had more success using it than Tinder, though it's been a few years since I used any of that stuff.

I met my partner on Craigslist many years ago (17!) and it has worked well, but craigslist can't be used for either romance or hookups anymore. For awhile, I looked at OKCupid which I thought really looked promising, but I never tried it in a serious way. I've never looked at Tinder but it just seems like it could attract a lot of scammers and phishers. There is another site called Plenty of Fish. I know of guys who get hookups on it and claim it is good, but dunno personally. But in all sites online, I think there will be more men than women, and it gets discouraging to be basically in competition with so many other guys.
Another idea is to go to MeetUps. It's an online site that links people up for group activities. Go to an activity you like, meet some woman in person who shares that interest, get to know each other, etc. Something to be said for doing it old fashion like that. The online world can be so alienating, imho.
Good luck!
PS and really, smart phones are pretty damn useful these days, it's worth getting one anyhow

Have you tried OKCupid? It has a desktop interface and I had more success using it than Tinder, though it's been a few years since I used any of that stuff.

Havent heard of it really. Any idea if it can be used with just a dumb phone and a laptop? I reallly dont want to shell out money for a smartphone if i can just reactivate my dads old flip phone instead

You can use it with a laptop.

Ya but with these dating aps you still need a valid phone number. Tinder has a desktop version to but you still need a number to sign in. So im guessing if i just hook up my dads old dumbphone then there would be no reason why that shouldnt work then?