• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Time delayed drug dispensing box

To me that's not a bug, that's a feature. The whole point is to still be able to access it if things are bad enough, but avoid temptation the rest of the time.

The problem is we all different definitions of what is “bad enough” ;)

For me if I’m in opiate WD that things popping open, maybe I’m just weak. That said I have zero problems with almost all other drugs (besides cocaine, but I wouldn’t break the box for that) and store them no problem. I often get asked how I do it, but to me the more stable I am with my drugs the less likely I am to use them.

-GC

For me it would only work if there was no reset mechanism, like it literally only opened once every 3 days or something

Once it's locked, you can't override it, it will only open when you set it to open. Of course you could use a hammer or something but assuming you're not willing to break it, it works well.

Yeah @Xorkoth it seems you had a time delayed one - there was no override feature? Mind sharing the name?

I have this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N04UT2...g=WOKuP&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_mcd_asin_0_bkgd

For the fun of it I just looked at the Amazon link above.

More worrying is the reasons that other people are buying these things e.g. to lock up their mobile phones! Fuck me is all I can say.

For record and if anybody did bring themselves to read @usual-suspect's Cocaine thread: you do realize that these things work only until they don't. And is his case we're talking about Cocaine i.e. we're not even talking about physical dependence and withdrawals beings involved. So I'm not sure what the OP's requirements are here but for sure these things are not foolproof.

And even if you manage to not break the thing open: when it eventually does open on queue it will take some doing to not remove "extra" knowing full well what you've just been through (type of thing). Just saying.

Maybe what's needed is something like one of those digital hotel safes but that opens on a timer. I can tell you from experience that there ain't no way you're breaking into a good one (if you don't have the override) short of using a cutting torch. And by the time you've done that: the contents are fried. But the mere fact that they do have an override is, well, a problem in an of itself. And you're still left with the possible issue as noted in the previous paragraph.

In just looking at this though: maybe my pillbox idea still has legs? Seems to me the miniaturization is available as is the technology? Wouldn't know where to start or who to contact though. But then I'm guessing that we'd be talking about huge costs involved in properly developing a design and a specification etc. and that even before it gets to testing and further. Meh. Not that big into lifesaving devices anymore. Twenty or thirty years ago: maybe. Better I stick to what I know! ;)

Having a nurse or someone come over to your house and dispense your drugs to you everyday would keep you from abusing them. That would probably be expensive and I’m not sure if they would give you your illicit drugs. That would be an interesting service if someone wanted to start up one.
Maybe you're onto something here for a few actually. Doesn't have to be a qualified medical professional either (given that we're talking about illegal narcotics anyway). I wonder what the legal ramifications would be for somebody that provided such a service? If you really think about it: it's a personalized mobile harm reduction service that you'd be running. But then, and depending on how many clients you have, on any given day you'd be riding around with a variety of illegal narcotics and paraphernalia. Wonder how that would fly if tested in the courts? This aside: be interesting to work out the profit potential of providing such a service for an entrepreneurial individual. A qualified nurse, I'd imagine, wouldn't come cheap? But if a-n-other individual were providing such a service, charging minimal per call out or visit, with a large client base, could add up to something on a monthly basis not?

In my experience it won't work, unless you don't have any other chance in the world of getting drugs. Give me the perfect, state of the art, cheat-proof machine that will analyse my entire body and soul everyday and give me the exact amount of the right drug in its purest form that I need that day, plus a massage, plus spending the night having sex with the right actress from present, past and future... if I wanted, whatever, and all for free.

It would be awesome, and it would work for some time. Maybe even years. But at the end I would do whatever I had in mind since the beginning, go as far as needed to buy some crappy expensive drug that I don't even want/need, use the drug again and again, until I am tired of it, disappoint myself and everyone on sight, and then look back, shrug and say: meh

That's just me, other people are different, I guess.

I get the feeling a lot of people here are too focused on an all or nothing proposition.

This can help you, and be worth it, even if it isn't completely fool proof.

For instance say I use a time delay safe, and if it stops me from excessive use only 70% of the time. That's still a 70% improvement. Just because there's still that 30% doesn't mean it's not worth doing.

As I've suggested previously, I don't consider that you can break it open a bug.

To me, that means I'll know that if I get the drugs I'll have lost the money I put into the safe plus risk damaging the drugs.

Sure that probably won't stop me when I feel like I absolutely have to have it. But in that case I probably don't want to be stopped anyway.

To me I just wanna have the drugs and not have my habit make me go through them too fast even when I'm not sick.

So if it stops me just for that period of time, that's a win!

Easily defeated by blunt force object?

Maybe if it was literally impossible to bypass

I guess just make it so it destroys the drugs if tampered with... Not a bad idea really
Yeah. Like if the drugs were rolled in cypress paper and surrounded by vinegar and would disintegrate upon smashing. Like those gadgets in that movie with Tom Hanks where he has to solve the puzzles to locate The Holy Grail. Cool !!

I get the feeling a lot of people here are too focused on an all or nothing proposition.

For instance say I use a time delay safe, and if it stops me from excessive use only 70% of the time. That's still a 70% improvement. Just because there's still that 30% doesn't mean it's not worth doing.

As I've suggested previously, I don't consider that you can break it open a bug.

To me, that means I'll know that if I get the drugs I'll have lost the money I put into the safe plus risk damaging the drugs.

Sure that probably won't stop me when I feel like I absolutely have to have it. But in that case I probably don't want to be stopped anyway.

To me I just wanna have the drugs and not have my habit make me go through them too fast even when I'm not sick.

So if it stops me just for that period of time, that's a win!
Excellent way to look at it. All improvement is a win win in the recovery process.

Yep. Even if it just means I don't end up blowing through my drugs too fast 60% or 70% of the time. That's still a big improvement.

And the fact that if have to break the safe, losing the money I spent on it, and possibly damage the drugs, is a good motivator not to resort to that if I can avoid it.

And that's what I would really want from this. I'd wanna still have a backup stash available when I really need it. Without blowing through it all too fast just because it's there and I can't help myself.

Id actually love to have a safe that could somehow measure how much withdrawal you're in. If I had something like that I'd absolutely buy it and get some heroin to stash away in it.

So my addiction won't compel me to use it but it'll be there when I need it. That's what I'd really want.

Yep. Even if it just means I don't end up blowing through my drugs too fast 60% or 70% of the time. That's still a big improvement.

And the fact that if have to break the safe, losing the money I spent on it, and possibly damage the drugs, is a good motivator not to resort to that if I can avoid it.

And that's what I would really want from this. I'd wanna still have a backup stash available when I really need it. Without blowing through it all too fast just because it's there and I can't help myself.

Id actually love to have a safe that could somehow measure how much withdrawal you're in. If I had something like that I'd absolutely buy it and get some heroin to stash away in it.

So my addiction won't compel me to use it but it'll be there when I need it. That's what I'd really want.
Well, in that case, if all you want is an obstacle between you and the drugs, it will do its job, but you need a proper safe really hard to break in, and if you don't have a dealer nearby, or money available to buy more drugs that would definitely do the job.

In my case at least stopped somehow me until I lost my nerves and broke the box. Even when cheating the thing by ordering extra drugs, it takes a few days to get them, if you don't have any "offline" dealer.

I'd say a rule is don't trust it too much, so never build a stash greater than your max tolerance to the drug in question, always have in mind the scenario of breaking it, and using all the stash, and think on the consequences for your tolerance.

I guess it could work if you're the type of person who has no problem following arbitrary rules.

The fact that the box temporarily prevents you from accessing your drug of choice doesn't deal with the real issue, which is compulsion and addictive behavior (in fact it might make it worse).

You might not be taking the drug at that particular moment, but you'll be thinking about it, and perhaps anxiously anticipating the moment when you'll finally be able to get high.
That kind of anticipation rewires the brain and builds very reinforcing habits. If you have a problem with that particular drug then the last thing you want is another reason to be thinking about it all the time.

After a while you may lose the capacity to wait for your reward. Or maybe you'll make an exception "just once".
Because why would you wait anyway? You're the one who made the rules, a dumb box isn't a good enough reason... And if you have other (real) reasons not to use the drug, then you probably don't need the box anyway, just put them in a remote place and forget about them. Or better yet, don't buy them in the first place.

It might be much more effective if someone else controls of the box though, specially if it's someone you really care about.

And even if you manage to not break the thing open: when it eventually does open on queue it will take some doing to not remove "extra" knowing full well what you've just been through (type of thing). Just saying.

This is true. In my experience it has helped me to establish some better limits for myself. It's not foolproof by any means. Particularly with opioids, on a good number of occasions I have just caved and gone and bought some more on a day the safe is locked. But overall I have reduced the amount that I do, and the amount of times I redose, by quite a bit. Which is a win. And for stimulants it works a lot better, for me anyway. When I have them sitting around not locked up, I obsess about them until I cave. When they're locked up until, say, 2 days from now, I find myself not thinking of them much, as if they are not there. I remember and look forward to when it opens, but without it, I would have a much harder time resisting daily.

Exactly. It's a tool, it's not a cure or a perfect solution.

It might be much more effective if someone else controls of the box though, specially if it's someone you really care about.

Agreed, but not everyone is in a position to have someone else control their drug supply.

especially if it was made of like, titanium
Then you get thermite and melt the titanium lock,
it's really not that hard. Any idiot can do it, and thermite is easy to acquire.
Maraging Steel is actually much more durable than lousy titanium,
but it melts at a lower point, so also no chance for the thermite.
Wolfram doesn't get melted by thermite, if I recall correctly.

There is one interesting option in this strategy, for those with an office work... Now the COVID shit enforces a 5-day-a-week WFH policy in many places, but when returning to normal some of us we'll go back to office, some will still keep WFH 3 or 4 days a week, which opens the possibility, to leave your drugs in the office and go home and then is a one week break. In my case I think it would work, just the idea of going to the office just to get the fucking cocaine makes me sick, and on weekends is going to be closed, anyway.

Obviously you have to be careful about how you hide the drug, and that will force you to only save a small bit of it, just enough, but never build a great stash. If you get caught you lose your job and will be reported to police, so you want to hide the smallest amount in the hardest to find place you can imagine, you don't want to fuck around with this.

Just thought about it 5 minutes and looked plausible to me.

There is one interesting option in this strategy, for those with an office work... Now the COVID shit enforces a 5-day-a-week WFH policy in many places, but when returning to normal some of us we'll go back to office, some will still keep WFH 3 or 4 days a week, which opens the possibility, to leave your drugs in the office and go home and then is a one week break. In my case I think it would work, just the idea of going to the office just to get the fucking cocaine makes me sick, and on weekends is going to be closed, anyway.

Obviously you have to be careful about how you hide the drug, and that will force you to only save a small bit of it, just enough, but never build a great stash. If you get caught you lose your job and will be reported to police, so you want to hide the smallest amount in the hardest to find place you can imagine, you don't want to fuck around with this.

Just thought about it 5 minutes and looked plausible to me.
That's not a strategy, that's maddening risk for no reason
Nothing about it is plausible, and it could destroy your life if people find you out.

Not sure what drug all this fuzz is about, but if you don't have the strength to show restraint, then it's time to stop ffs, no stupid games, no hiding it at work, no box that dispenses it, no keeping it at the house, just grow some braincells and stop.

If you already have issues controlling yourself, the hole you're shovelling is going to get a lot deeper if you continue, with whatever ridiculous strategem to "control" abuse.

Then you get thermite and melt the titanium lock,
it's really not that hard. Any idiot can do it, and thermite is easy to acquire.
Maraging Steel is actually much more durable than lousy titanium,
but it melts at a lower point, so also no chance for the thermite.
Wolfram doesn't get melted by thermite, if I recall correctly.

I would actually love to see you try this "not that hard" solution in practice. :D

And NOT destroy the drugs I mean.

Sorry it's just this sounds like a half assed excuse to set off thermite. Which is totally fine but NOT WITH THE DRUGS!

I would actually love to see you try this "not that hard" solution in practice. :D

And NOT destroy the drugs I mean.
I mean the destruction of the drugs is definitely a possibility.
But at least the box would be open!

I mean the destruction of the drugs is definitely a possibility.
But at least the box would be open!

But we can open the box without destroying the drugs.. You just won't get to set off any thermite. :(

Nothing that's closed can't be opened so long as you have exclusive access to it.