• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Time delayed drug dispensing box

Zephyn

Bluelighter
If someone could design a device that dispensed only a certain amount of any given substance per day with a lock and key you could give to someone to hold once a month, would you buy it?

Nah, man. It would be a waste of monies for me.
If I need something like this to help control my usage it wouldn't last long. Nothing to date has helped me use less or control usage sans my decision to do so. Prisons, safes, locks, destitution and even the death of dear friends hasn't worked (among many other options).
I would eat the box to get at whatever was inside.
:)

It's an old concept that is actually available on various levels ( clinically and retail otc )

The original was PCA pumps (Patient Controlled Analgesia) back in the 1980's

Google and buy if you think it will work for you.

If I told you that I thought of this decades ago you’d probably think I’m talking shit. But it’s a true story. Seem to recall mentioning it on that same thread. My idea was more of a pillbox for the elderly with all the bells and whistles e.g. multiple daily compartments with timers and alarms. The works. Pharmacist would load it and set the timers for the week and, well, you get the picture. Never happened though obviously. And here I fucking am! :ROFLMAO: Talking shit to the ether on a Saturday afternoon.

Tell you this much though: the substance or material or mechanism required to keep a Cocaine or Crack user at bay hasn’t been invented as yet. :ROFLMAO: Dunno about the rest or what it is that you had in mind!

They already exist. You can buy em right now.

Would I use them? ehh, they're not really right for my purposes. Even when I was actively using heroin every day, I was usually buying it as needed. Even if I bought it in advance it'd only be a couple days in advance.

In certain situations yeah I'd use one, but I think the big issue is coming up with the strength of will to put the drugs back in the safe each time.

That's what's really needed, an even more sophisticated machine that only dispenses a specific amount each interval. Such machines like that actually also exist for dispensing methadone, but doing it with a powder on a smaller, more affordable scale would be quite difficult.

What I really need, which likely noone can design for, is a machine that only opens once you reach a certain level of desperation. If I had one of those I'd go buy some heroin and put it in such a machine now for preservation.

Alas desperation is hard to reliably measure with a machine, you need a person. More specifically you need the right person. Which is not easy to find. :D.

I see a solution for an IV pump but not what I'm suggesting?

Never got one cuz I’d find a way to open it if I wanted those drugs bad enough. I used to have some fairly decent lock picking skills that I’ve put to use more than a few times. Like the time we lockpicked our drug dealers locked box full of drugs he carried with him, while he was nodded out.. If a lockpick doesn’t work I’m sure a sledgehammer would.

-GC

Something like this could possibly help, but I'd see myself getting fed up with it after a short period of time and just take my drugs like normal, which = whenever tf I want

I have 2 of these now, I liked the first one so much. I find they work quite well. When I have drugs, I become consumed with the realization that I could dose right now, and tend to break my rules. When I lock them in my time lock safe, I stop considering that it is an option and it really helps with the obsessive thoughts about dosing. It works especially well for stimulants, for opiates, not quite as well but I've managed to keep my usage down to every 2-3 days, it's largely dependent on taking out exactly how much I plan to dose for the day and then, before I actually take any, locking the rest up for the time I decide to lock it for. The key is to lock it again before you start dosing, as once you start, you tend to convince yourself not to.

But yeah, for me, it works great for stimulants, because for me, when I have stims, I obsessively think about dosing and cave pretty quickly, if I have the option of dosing. This leads to binging until they're gone, which is bad. But since when I don't have them on hand, I don't really think about them that much, my time-lock safe is perfect, because although yeah, I could break it open with a hammer, if I did that, I'd be out $60. And the draw isn't so strong that I'd want to do that. So it effectively makes me feel like I just don't have them. But I know when I will have them again, so I just wait for then. It's really helped me.

I have 2 of these now, I liked the first one so much. I find they work quite well. When I have drugs, I become consumed with the realization that I could dose right now, and tend to break my rules. When I lock them in my time lock safe, I stop considering that it is an option and it really helps with the obsessive thoughts about dosing. It works especially well for stimulants, for opiates, not quite as well but I've managed to keep my usage down to every 2-3 days, it's largely dependent on taking out exactly how much I plan to dose for the day and then, before I actually take any, locking the rest up for the time I decide to lock it for. The key is to lock it again before you start dosing, as once you start, you tend to convince yourself not to.

But yeah, for me, it works great for stimulants, because for me, when I have stims, I obsessively think about dosing and cave pretty quickly, if I have the option of dosing. This leads to binging until they're gone, which is bad. But since when I don't have them on hand, I don't really think about them that much, my time-lock safe is perfect, because although yeah, I could break it open with a hammer, if I did that, I'd be out $60. And the draw isn't so strong that I'd want to do that. So it effectively makes me feel like I just don't have them. But I know when I will have them again, so I just wait for then. It's really helped me.
For me it would only work if there was no reset mechanism, like it literally only opened once every 3 days or something

Does anybody know of some good/affordable ones? I'm thinking of getting one to teach me to behave when I get fiendy.

I use a partner with the combo to my safe that I don't have...that way I can argue with the safe to dispense extra some days
If I could trust someone with that, I doubt i could trust them not to do all the drugs themselves. A rare find

Never got one cuz I’d find a way to open it if I wanted those drugs bad enough. I used to have some fairly decent lock picking skills that I’ve put to use more than a few times. Like the time we lockpicked our drug dealers locked box full of drugs he carried with him, while he was nodded out.. If a lockpick doesn’t work I’m sure a sledgehammer would.

-GC

To me that's not a bug, that's a feature. The whole point is to still be able to access it if things are bad enough, but avoid temptation the rest of the time.