• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Three days on the bounce! Will you do five?

Or for any of those unfortunate souls around Haight or elsewhere in the 60s where the stuff got around, unaware of what they were taking. I'm not sure who was sick enough to manufacture 20mg tablets of the stuff. Then again, they called it STP as "serenity, tranquility and peace" ...yeah. Just like they called PCP the "peace pill." The ignorance around drugs was dangerously astounding during that time.

Or for any of those unfortunate souls around Haight or elsewhere in the 60s where the stuff got around, unaware of what they were taking. I'm not sure who was sick enough to manufacture 20mg tablets of the stuff. Then again, they called it STP as "serenity, tranquility and peace" ...yeah. Just like they called PCP the "peace pill." The ignorance around drugs was dangerously astounding during that time.
Still is with people's attitudes. The original dosed were produced, not out of maleolence, but lack of knowledge. Albert Hoffman's first intentional dose of LSD was 250ug. That is a fucking big first time dose and LSD is a lot more forgiving than DOM (people forget access to information about psychedelics was difficult before the internet. When I became interested in psychedelics, virtually all factual information about them came from obscure research papers in journals only available in libraries attached to higher education establishments. There was endless bollocks about people thinking they were a glass of orange juice, after takin LSD etc).

That's why sites like Bluelight came about, to separate factual information about drugs, from bullshit that had become 'common knowledge' (but was so, so wrong)...

Mind you, serenity, tranquility and peace isnt a bad description - I think DOM is better than mescaline.

Mind you, serenity, tranquility and peace isnt a bad description - I think DOM is better than mescaline.
Oh god, it is the most wonderful psychedelic I've ever experienced, along with LSD (although the R isomer is a tad more serene, tranquil and peaceful than racaemic DOM)

Certainly not in the 10-20mg doses they were giving out back then lol. I am curious about it now, no clue how I'd even find the stuff, I guess the dark web or something, though even non-dark web sites have been known to sell psychedelics. A friend of mine in Canada got a DMT vape pen. I don't know how sites like that are even allowed let alone operating. The main one I'd been thinking of seems to have been taken down recently since it was still there months ago and had a lot of stuff. I'm checking out another site and the prices are retarded lol. $280 for 2 oz of kratom? Yeah, no thanks.

Right, after 11 days of hammering whatever stuff I could, New Year's Day is going to be a day of abstinence of all but the drugs I'm prescribed (and maybe a bit weed).
OK, scratch no indulgence, as I've been invited to Sunday lunch, by my wife's best friend: no drug piggery, just plain piggery - oink, move along the trough... 😁

No, DOM is a beautiful psychedelic that got a bad reputation because a) the dosages were far too high and b) it takes a lot longer than acid to kick in, so people redosed with pills that were far too potent. Taking a 20mg pill, followed 30 mins later by another 20mg, is going to fuck up anyone. Chlorpromazine doesn't accentuate the effects, just a normal dose of chlorpromazine will do fuck all on top of 40mg of DOM.
In PIHKAL, Shulgin states an effective dose is 2-3mg and that it takes 90-120 mins to fully kick in. I remember myself and B9 taking 9mg, pissing ourselves laughing over stupid constructs (the special powers of the Chai Tea Masters!) and being blown away by the beauty it revealed (including a blue that was so beautiful, I cried).
Admittedly, the trip lasted at least 36 hours, but we took a very large dose. It is every bit as wonderful a psychedelic as LSD, in my opinion.
You must be incredibly headstrong, could not last tripping for 36 hours :alien:
The way you recount it thou, sounds like you had a good time 🥳

Heroin
Benzos, Martin dows, Ernest all 10mgs, my galenkia been off over the festive period.
Weed.
Raw coke.

Alcohol, not all in that order.

Now just back to the heroin & benzos & weed.

I did a rather silly thing and ran out of etizolam and pregabalin over the holidays. I feel okay now but fuck me, I'm sick of this merry go round.

The brown acid thing being "bad" is kind of a myth. Wavy Gravy only said it was bad because the guy who had it got robbed, so they thought it was "bad karma" or something along the lines.
Ha! I still wonder what the brown acid was. There was another theory that it was very good LSD but dosed to large. Then others say it was strychnine. I had never heard this one though so thanks for throwing that out Mac.

Wavy Gravy is just too cool. I spent a weekend on his farm for the Hog Farm Pig Nic weekend one year in the 90's. A bunch of good bands played. Last time I saw Warren Zevon.

I miswrote what I meant, some people stole the acid from some other guy and when word got out they said not to take it for the "bad karma" as if it could give you a bad trip lol. Lots of outlandish ideas like that in this period.

You must be incredibly headstrong, could not last tripping for 36 hours :alien:
The way you recount it thou, sounds like you had a good time 🥳
You quickly learn how to operate with prolonged sensory distortion and even altered cognitive processing. Helps if it's not one of your first experience with psychedelics, because if done right, they leave you almost reeling from the conclusions and thought processing they promote. If you've had 6-12 psychedelic experiences, it's not too difficult to master simple/simplified tasks, like cooking. As long as an experience is not exposed to physical (or certain psychological) extreme stresses, like hunger or finding you're tripping with a psychopath who delights in inflicting headfucks, it's a bit like being away from home for a period, but drug rather than travel driven one. If it were destructively stressful, no one would survive doing a thumbprint (a dose of crystal LSD made by pressing a thumb into it - a process supposedly used to prevent infiltration of acid distribution undergriund associated with the Grateful Dead). 10-25mg of LSD is nowhere near the one fatal dose is recorded as ~320mg, but as 10-25mg of LSD equates to 100-250 x the minimum dose for a full experience, it really is, what a long strange trip it's been! You're talking about 60-200 hours of total childlike wonderment (but some aspects of that sort of dose are lifelong lasting, like a really strong sense of wanting to help people, or even full blown paradigm shifts; what would in days gone by be the stuff of religious revalation). It only proves toxic to those entering the experience in a state of internal conflict (including undercover police), but barring pre existing psychological states that have a great degree of internal psychological conflict in their makeup (eg. paranoid schizophrenia), it just requires an open accepting mind knowing it is in a safe place and it can range from hilariously surreal, to emotional bonding to self realization epiphanies, in some cases. Saying that, all the people I have encountered personally, who have dosed 5mg+ of LSD (either as crystal, liquid solution or multiple blotters) more than a dozen times are definitely dancing to the beat of their own drummer, exclusively. 36 hours from a 9mg dose of DOM is a lot, but nowhere near the intensity that can be achieved with LSD.
If I was a religeous type, I reckon I'd see the low to non existant toxicity of psychedelics (only way cannabis will kill you is if someone dropped a kilo brick of hash from 20 000 feet and it hit you in the head! As far as I'm aware, there is no recorded toxic dose, or estimated LD50 for THC), as a sign that god intended their consumption. Or, as Bill Hicks put it, making a plant illegal, is like saying god made a mistake...

Ha! I still wonder what the brown acid was. There was another theory that it was very good LSD but dosed to large. Then others say it was strychnine. I had never heard this one though so thanks for throwing that out Mac.

Wavy Gravy is just too cool. I spent a weekend on his farm for the Hog Farm Pig Nic weekend one year in the 90's. A bunch of good bands played. Last time I saw Warren Zevon.
One person I know, who was involved in LSD manufacture, said they used to meditate in the same room the LSD crystal were forming, to make sure they were crystalizing in the most positive enviroments: so any LSD that had been in close contact with a seriously bad incident would get labelled as having bad karma. Whether it does or not, just going into a full on experience with that at the back of your mind is some serious bad juju (Leary got it spot on about set and setting, before he went from researcher to political agitator)

^ Incredible F&B, and on some level I think we all feel that the mental state and physical state do intertwine. Sort of like the notion to never eat food while you are angry as it turns to poison.

You quickly learn how to operate with prolonged sensory distortion and even altered cognitive processing. Helps if it's not one of your first experience with psychedelics, because if done right, they leave you almost reeling from the conclusions and thought processing they promote. If you've had 6-12 psychedelic experiences, it's not too difficult to master simple/simplified tasks, like cooking. As long as an experience is not exposed to physical (or certain psychological) extreme stresses, like hunger or finding you're tripping with a psychopath who delights in inflicting headfucks, it's a bit like being away from home for a period, but drug rather than travel driven one. If it were destructively stressful, no one would survive doing a thumbprint (a dose of crystal LSD made by pressing a thumb into it - a process supposedly used to prevent infiltration of acid distribution undergriund associated with the Grateful Dead). 10-25mg of LSD is nowhere near the one fatal dose is recorded as ~320mg, but as 10-25mg of LSD equates to 100-250 x the minimum dose for a full experience, it really is, what a long strange trip it's been! You're talking about 60-200 hours of total childlike wonderment (but some aspects of that sort of dose are lifelong lasting, like a really strong sense of wanting to help people, or even full blown paradigm shifts; what would in days gone by be the stuff of religious revalation). It only proves toxic to those entering the experience in a state of internal conflict (including undercover police), but barring pre existing psychological states that have a great degree of internal psychological conflict in their makeup (eg. paranoid schizophrenia), it just requires an open accepting mind knowing it is in a safe place and it can range from hilariously surreal, to emotional bonding to self realization epiphanies, in some cases. Saying that, all the people I have encountered personally, who have dosed 5mg+ of LSD (either as crystal, liquid solution or multiple blotters) more than a dozen times are definitely dancing to the beat of their own drummer, exclusively. 36 hours from a 9mg dose of DOM is a lot, but nowhere near the intensity that can be achieved with LSD.
If I was a religeous type, I reckon I'd see the low to non existant toxicity of psychedelics (only way cannabis will kill you is if someone dropped a kilo brick of hash from 20 000 feet and it hit you in the head! As far as I'm aware, there is no recorded toxic dose, or estimated LD50 for THC), as a sign that god intended their consumption. Or, as Bill Hicks put it, making a plant illegal, is like saying god made a mistake...
Quality post fnb. That made me squirm to think of being an undercover poliss and being forced into taking a strong trip. Though hopefully said cop would be enlightened by the trip afterwards.
I do enjoy tripping way more after the first hour, as I feel a lot more comfortable with my state. Is DOM a bit like this?
It's been 4 years since I tripped, I'm definitely ready for some more.