• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Thoughts on encouraging friends to take psychedelics?

when i was younger and generally more reckless we would feed anyone L. but over the years and seeing many trainwrecks firsthand since, it has made me more cautious. these days i will just get a "feeling" about someone and introduce them to the idea. has not steered me wrong.

Just drop some liquid acid into their drink cups without them knowing ... *sarcasm* .. or is it ?? 0_0

Ok, all I had done is offer, people are very enthusiastic about it (lucky me) even after I have explained how wrong it can all go. Not sure whether to wait till shroom season for the newbies, chemicals give people the idea they are gonna get 'fucked up' so idk :/

I almost never give other people LSD. Some people do if the person is going to take with them. But what if that person wants to leave? What if they insist? What if they run? You can't ethically tackle and hold them. So now someone has a head full of LSD you gave them and they are out in the world. So what if they meet the police? That is very possible if they are behaving weird. It never fails to amaze me how many people just tell the cops they are on LSD. Cops are also good at exploiting situation and talking those people into giving up source. What if they get into a car and hit a busload of kids? Giving someone acid can come back to haunt you in more ways than you can fathom. I am responsible for me on LSD and thats it I know i won't freak out. IMO the more friends you turn on the greater the risk of something going wrong and coming back to bite you on the ass. This is why for decades LSD dealers have been a guy at a concert selling it to strangers. Supplying people you know is dangerous. Being the neighbourhood acid dealer would be insane IMO.

"what if ?"..."what if ?"..."what if" you were a bartender...we'd all have to quit drinking. "What if" the person you scored your first drug from was as worried about "what ifs" as you seem to be ?...you'd NEVER had gotten high in the first place and this conversation would never have happened...

I don't encourage friends to take anything. If some of them express an interest in psychedelics (for the purposes of this thread, but the general rule is the same), I talk to them about it, about what they can expect to happen (you can't really explain the experience but I try), which ones may be a good idea for their first time (right now my go to ones are 4-ho-met, 2c-c and al-lad (well whenever the new batch is out anyway), others are also possible if someone expresses a specific wish or something, it's their choice in the end. I also ask about their/family history of mental disease, any medications they are on, if something looks dangerous try to convince them against it and not have any part in them acquiring whichever substance they choose. Tripp sitting is also an option if they want it, ....

People who are mature, open minded, and physically and emotionally healthy I encourage to try psychedelics. I also encourage them to do their own research, I endeavor to answer any questions they have, and try to prepare them for the experience as much as possible. I've introduced at least nine people (just that I recall off the top of my head) to either LSD or Psilocybin Mushrooms and so far each has been an enjoyable and mind expanding experience for everyone involved.

Well, how did you, or you, or me get started doing psychedelics...probably got turned on to them by someone...right?
If the word isn't spread somehow then only a very narrow margin of the population will end up trying them...the "druggies"...on the other hand if you try turning on some relatively "straight" people then the reputation and validity or credibility of said subs goes up...IMHO.

The way I got back into psychedelics was by a "straight" friend with cluster head aches asked if I could get some LSD or shrooms as he'd read that those subs might offer some relief from his pain, and it worked...in the course of his "treatment" he discovered a whole new world had opened up to him as a result...
...the pain relief was now just a side effect of him exploring his now expanding mind.

Last edited:
I have had two friends who, because of knowing them well, I thought would mix well with psychedelics, so I introduced them unbidden (and was greeted with enthusiasm). Other than that, I don';t bring it up with people but if someone comes to me seeking, I try to be a good mentor/guide.

Psychedelics are the only drugs which I'd actually reccomend to anyone (I don't want to corrupt people), but of course not just anyone, only people with the right mindset & approach (for example I will never give a psychedelic to someone if their only intention in using it ia to party), and I talk about them honestly, I'm not going to pretend they're harmless, I'm not a zealot.

I have a friend who I'll be introducing to psychedelics pretty soon. She isn't even a pot smoker (doesn't like it), & she's the type who doesn't like the idea of habitual substance use/relying on a substance in general, but I got her interested in psychedelics mostly by talking about the deeper side of the psychedelic experience & the ways which psychedelics have helped me.

I feel she's a good candidate given that her head works in a lot of the same ways mine does, we have a ton of things in common & most of the things we don't have in common are the worst things about me.

I also did methoxetamine with her once (only gave her like 15mgs, no redoses), and she handled that well & had a good time, and apparently a few years ago she took LSD once but it didn't really work.

I intend to give her 4-AcO-MET for her first time, and I'll only be on kratom so easily able to watch over her & make sure everything goes well. I'll probably only give her 4 subs & LSD, I guess if she was specifically interested in any other I'd give it to her as well. But I intend to be far more careful with her then I've ever been with myself, I care about her a lot (far more then I care about myself) so if anything bad happened I'd feel bad about it forever.

I don't have a problem gently nudging people in the direction of psychedelics. There are a lot of people out there who are curious, and are waiting for the right opportunity. I enjoy being that opportunity. I would never ever be forceful about it, and there are some people I would never recommend PDs to. Some people react very badly to psychedelics, and if you pushed them into it.. that would be awful.

Ultimately people need to come to the decision on their own terms, less likely to have a bad reaction if they are ready, and they know they want it. I don't think there's anything wrong with making that option open to friends and family, and even gently encouraging some folks.

If somethings good, share it!
If you're having fun, let others join in the fun!
Spread the word!
This isn't some kind of secret that only the elite few can "handle". Just make sure you're not giving out scary or unsafe doses, and that you're cognizant of people's mental health etc.

I recently gave a stoner buddy of mine the opportunity to try 25i and he loved it! As long as people are in the right mindset and have some experience with mind altering substances I dont think it is too much of an issue.

psychdelics have the highest area for mental growth as a person. anyway if you have to introduce them go for mescaline. its easy to handle

pick one with very high safety profile.

mescaline