• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Thinking of trying my hand at stand-up

yeah you guys are reading way too into this guy and his ability to make people laugh. when you sit down and pick apart any joke it doesn't really have the same effect as if you just read/hear it without knowing you are about to view something you find humorous. When you tell people you are about to tell them a joke, it is never as funny.

and some people will just not find anything you say funny at all and refuse to admit even when they do because they just hate your face, but that is unavoidable with anything you do in life

for the record your jokes remind me of something I'd see after finishing a Popsicle to be honest.

most shit people find funny from stand-ups isn't really your typical joke with a clear set up and punch line, it's just describing everyday experiences and why people we come across in our lives just suck

Thanks for the advice... How long have you been doing your act?
Haven't been on stage for a long time, maybe four years. But I performed for at least five years with some regularity. Before that, I was heavily involved in children/adolescent theatre. Gets a hell of a lot easier after the first few times up on the stage.

I always felt that it was wrong to judge a woman's looks by numbers... 6/10... 8/10. You know it doesn't take into account their personality or anything like that. Although I don't feel bad if they're Jewish since they're used to numbers.

IDK I think that one needs some work but has potential.

Are racists jokes allowed here? lol

Last edited:
nobody's making fun of race these days. it's smart, novel comedy and there's a gap in the market. you'll do well, i predict.

alasdair