• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Thinking of trying my hand at stand-up

nuttynutskin

Bluelighter
Has anyone done anything like that or even just poetry or spoken word? Maybe I'll try some jokes out here and you guys can too. Or that might be better for another thread... IDK

Wow this thread is boomin... Anyone wanna hear a joke? You can say if you think it sucks or not you just gotta say why.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think my opening would go something like this...

How's everyone doing tonight blah blah blah... This is my first time doing this but I decided I would try my hand at stand up because I got tired of sitting down.

I drink too much... Does anyone here drink wine? Well I switched over to red because I heard it had anti-accidents. Honestly I think the person was lying.

That's enough for now I gotta save some of my material. lol

Any one can tell a joke, the difference comes in the delivery and timing.

That's true, but if the joke just sucks it's not going to be funny either way. lol

I think my opening would go something like this...

How's everyone doing tonight blah blah blah... This is my first time doing this but I decided I would try my hand at stand up because I got tired of sitting down.

I drink too much... Does anyone here drink wine? Well I switched over to red because I heard it had anti-accidents. Honestly I think the person was lying.

That's enough for now I gotta save some of my material. lol

Don't quit your day job.

Unless you plan on perfroming in front of kindergarteners, your jokes suck really bad.

Unless you plan on perfroming in front of kindergarteners, your jokes suck really bad.

Monica sucks really bad too. I can't see why you decided to cheat on your wife with that whore. My dick still has teeth marks on it.

nut what made you decide to try your hand at stand up?

nut what made you decide to try your hand at stand up?

Didn't say I tried it yet, just something I've been thinking about. For one it could potentially help me get over being in front of crowds, and two despite what some people here think I've been told I can be funny and outgoing despite the fact I didn't really see it.

You guys hurtin ma feewins!!! :(

Ok let's try another. You guys wanna hear a sex joke? Male or female?

I finally stopped drinking today. Water.

Why do they call Labor Day Labor Day? Sounds like a holiday where multiple women all give birth at the same time. Or maybe it's a day when everyone is required to work hard. Hell it could be both... That would be one hell of a combination... Especially if they were roofing. Imagine a bunch of women up roofing and all of the sudden going into spontaneous labor. Babies flying off the roof and bouncing off the ground, shingles and shit going everywhere.

Your location says Mars... I thought men were supposed to be from Mars? Is there something you need to tell us?

Okay yes there is something I need to say...

Practice, comedy is an art, not only that but it comes within the heart.

I'm just not impressed with your "comedy".

Like someone else said your better suited for grade school kids.

IDK they "might" laugh or through lunch box's at you.

How do you through a lunch box?

I got more. lol Hey I don't care if I bomb in front of a bunch of pot heads on the internet that I'll never see in real life. =D

awww did I make a typo? excuse me! You lame tart *throw*. Is that better?.

Oh and everyone here on BL are pot heads?

Believe me the internet is way more smooth and understandable of idiots like you.

Than people in "real life". They will laugh you off the stage.

/thread.;)