• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Thebaine Toxicity in Poppy Seed Tea?

That is a great find. Too bad the unwanted effects I got from the seed and pod extraction's are most probably not related to Thebaine.

But this means the addition of the lemon is unnecessary and at best contributes to unwanted effects.
Too bad I just received a bunch of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and I'm still drinking the tea surely enough, I hate myself for doing it, I feel I'm kinda trying my luck, I hate it every time tea makes me feel only slightly confused or anything that makes me be like okay, that's thebaine and I'm not supposed to go out of my bed now, because I'm probably going to have a seizure or whatever and I make myself feel bad about it, though I probably should.

But it's still okay at the same time cause the effects of tea are unnoticeable more often than not so at least I'm drinking vitamin C which is good.

So I’ve noticed with full spectrum alkaloid extracts over this past winter, these same side effects ya’ll talk about...

It seems to come on before the morphine/codeine effects and is characterized by anxiety, dysphoria, stimulation, and shortness of breath. It comes on quick but usually dissipates within an hour or so.

With its relatively short half life I can probably assume what I was feeling was Thebaine?

-GC