• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? [New poll options added 1-22-08]

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? (New Poll Options)

• Methadone

Votes: 325 27.1%
  • Heroin

Votes: 278 23.2%
  • Oxycodone

Votes: 198 16.5%
  • Hydrocodone

Votes: 54 4.5%
  • Fentanyl

Votes: 83 6.9%
  • Buprenorphine

Votes: 43 3.6%
  • Morphine

Votes: 51 4.3%
  • Others - If so please specify

Votes: 85 7.1%
  • Hydromorphone

Votes: 21 1.8%
  • Poppy Pods

Votes: 47 3.9%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 14 1.2%

• Total voters
Brownshirt hope You're not still dribbling in your yard. How about the rest of the story. NEB

Funny you should say that.
That is precisely how my opiate dependence started.
I was a short haul trucker in the southeast US. My daily route toom me right past a certain truckstop.
Ok I'll tell exactly where it WAS as it's long gone today. .
One beautiful May, the fifth of May to be exact, I stopped at exit 128 from I65 north in Calera Alabama.
I purchased a hot dog and fries and pulled my truck next to a five acre lot full of beautiful red and white flowers.
As I enjoyed my junkyard dawg from sneaky Pete's I found myself admiring the beautiful blooms as the early spring sun shine through the translucent petals. As I gazed admiringly I noticed many of the petals had dropped off leaving a large, green pod with an odd crown on top donned with a brown ring round it.
The lot/field was completely dominated with these flowers and over half had dropped their petals.
Then it got me like a freight train.
My fellow bluelighters, I had found a field of papaver somniferum!
At this point of my day my route was finished so I was in no hurry.
Needless to say, I dug in my toolbox and found a sharp razor and some tape. I fashioned the tape into and around the blade so that it would score, but not so deep as to cut through.
I then commenced to walk around making three neat scores in as many pods as I possibly could.
Now I'm guessing here but I reckon I scored 100-150 pods smiling with glee and exitement as I noticed the milky alkaline Laden goop slowly run forth from my newly found treasure..
Whsts better was nobody was none the wiser as to what I was doing.
I went back inside and bought a magazine. Tattoo monthly if memory serves me correctly.
I read my magazine and looked at the photos for the next 1 1/2 hour.
Then with a piece of cardboard in one hand and an old credit card in the other I commenced to dutifully scrape the now pale brown nectar and carefully wiping it on my cardboard.
I had to eventually get another price of cardboard as the first one simply couldn't hold any more.
By the time I was ready to head home with my bounty I had two squares of cardboard and an empty toilet paper roll chocked full of my alkaloid laced goo. .
I was off work the next day after a restless night laying awake afraid some other above average intellect (in Alabama a normal IQ per capita is around 80 so I didnt worry too much :)
I left at first light, after I placed my bounty on top of my garage to dry.
To calera I went armed with three army issue duffy/napsacks and a pair of hand clippers.
Sure enough they were all still there as if they were expecting me.
I filled all three with ripe, brown ringed pods. Just right. The seed holes had not quite opened... perfect!
Leaving the younger flowers behind to grow a bit longer.
Needless to say I was indeed a happy chappy.
By the time I got home the hot Alabama sun had done it's work and I fashioned my goo balls into three golf ball sized spheres and another the size of a quarter.
Now youth and zeal is no match for wisdom. I ascertained quickly that one cannot simply toss a wad of opium upon a pot smoking pipe and start enjoying it, lest one watch his prize bubble right down the hole into oblivion with no reward. So determined not to waste another single "booger" with such a faux paux I made abee line to my office/man cave and fired up the MAC.
After a surprisingly quick couple searches I had instructions as well as a diagram for making a proper smoking apparatus as well as a recipe for laudnum. Lucky me... as providence would have it, I just happened to not only have plenty of dried bamboo, but also about a half gallon of bootleg moonshine stashed in my cabinet.. first run people... 190-200 proof!
I rinsed an empty glass pint bottle and placed my quarter size goo ball inside then topped her off with my insanely strong corn squeezins. . Popped in a cork and gave er a good shake.
My crystal clear shine was now a dark brown elixir.
Grabbed a shot glass and poured a snoot full and down the hatch..
Then one more..
I then set out to chose my bamboo.
But.... lol made it half way across tge yard and had to sit down.. for two hours with my head hanging down slobbering on myself..
I'm enjoying re telling this story but I have to go for now...
There's more to this story and I look forward to finishing tonight when I get home.
Thanks for reading!

What's up neb..been tough..I don't want to lose my pain Dr. And contemplating doing his. So I don't fail pee test in 10 days..I realize if I eat the subs and val.I can be tossed from my pain mgt....sorry state huh...so I either climb the walls or do h.( snorting) for 7 days then back on pain meds....then try again next month when I have a full supply and make it work...this pain thing sucks...I got it down to half is not less than and will have to do it all again in 10 days...a rough cycle we live in while in pain...but I promise ...I will succeed...

Last dose, I unlike You do not have anything physical that should be causing my pain. I had a simple carpal tunnel operation woke up with intense pain. They can find nothing wrong. I have (not proud of it) in my teens hit 3 telephone poles drunk. The pain I experienced was Normal pain of hitting another telephone pole. This pain from the operation is unlike anything I have ever experienced. I love HI FI and have a decent system it was my hobby and the music would cause severe pain, cold air to the skin any vibration. The freaky part is that it would rise like feedback if not controlled with pain meds and inactivity. I have ADHD so not using my hand and remaining still is difficult at best. When it rose like feedback it would get so painful and could go on for 3 or 4 days. The only way I could stop it was a large enough dose of meds to put me asleep and I guess when I woke my brain would reboot at a lower level of pain. I learned what set the pain to high levels and took as much of whatever the Doctors would give Me. There were lots of times a new doc would pull my meds for a period and it never phased me. 3 years into the nightmare I got Opana dosed it and I could function around my family and laugh. it was great for two years then the third started getting tricky because I did not want to raise the dose then it became counter productive. My point is I think You are right that the opana is different for me. That is why I asked a bunch of questions about Opana and if anyone else has had difficulties with it. I honestly could quit any of the prior pain meds without a problem with little to no withdrawals until the opana. I am at 14 days off everything but clonazepam 2 mg to 3 mg at most per day. Things seem a bit more difficult after the first week but it is tolerable now. I still have two 30 mg Opana's incase the pain does a feedback loop, i do not know how else to describe it. I am leary of Opana and would like to know If it is just my reaction to it or are there others. Like You I could take a whole days worth at once and not get high. Yet when My Opana was gone I took two of the oxycontin I was to use to wean of and I felt a buzz. Strange. Thanks for letting me vent it has been very helpful to me. Neb

Neb if your 14 days without ops that fucking great you should buy some kratom if your return pain comes back your much better off on kratom than opana. And yeah as my tolerance is shrinking with each taper and i feel more withdrawls with each smaller dose when i dose even with just 15mgs roxy its amazing how it pulls me out of feeling like shit. Keep at it bro your doing great!

The synthetic opioids for sure... try going cold turkey off a 3 year 40mg a day fentanyl habit or even a 5 mg a day Bromadol habit. Suicide crosses your mind, but luckily you're too incapacitated to figure out how to off yourself. It's a a whole different level of pain and discomfort, specially when your chest burns and you're so weak and tired you can barely keep your eyes open, or your head up, but the restlessness from the akithisia/RLS is so intense you have to shake every 5 seconds to get it to go away temporarily...

With the recent increase in synthetic opioid production, I've been hearing of a few fellow chemists who've gotten addicted to their own synthetic product, and like myself, with an endless supply, you find yourself in serious trouble. The withdrawal is too much. I think it takes the cake...

The high dosage Fenty/fenty analouges withdrawal is just so traumatizing. Knowing that type of pain exist in the world changes you. It's like a deep soul crushing pain with torture sprinkled on top, for the total destruction of your mind and soul. Once I got through the acute withdrawal, I felt like I'd survived a concentration camp. Not a bite of food for 2 weeks, 4 nights without sleeping a single second, followed by an average of 2 hours of sleep for a couple weeks. My hands/body shook for a month afterwards. Wow, I'm physically getting sick thinking about it. I honestly think it's PTSD. I have tried almost endless amount of novel synthetic opioids. They're all heaven in some way, but their own version of hell in another. I wish I could take my own advice here, but just say no

Had exact same experience kicking dones
You're saying it's worse ? How? It's absolutely horrifying to imagine that

Never been on methadone myself, but my late mother (rip) visited a methadone clinic for five years before she decided to go cold turkey.
In my ignorance I suggested to get that she would kick the covers 8-9 days then stand up and walk. Boy was I wrong!
After watching her trembling in the fetal position for 4 1/2 weeks it became apparent that the w/drawls weren't going to simply go anytime soon.
So I took her to her primary physician for advice and/or help. I just came out and told him the truth. He informed my mother an I that this would continue for MONTHS before any semblance of recovery would be noticed, then proceeded to chastise me for allowing her to stop cold turkey, ultimately putting her health in danger.
He wasn't licenced to prescribe suboxone or bupenorphine. He admitted her and immediately hooked in an IV drip. Then reached in his pocket and removed a vial of hydromorphone and proceeded to administer first 4 mg, then after my poor mother let out a comforting sigh, administered an additional 4mg.
She thanked him and went into a peaceful slumber with a tear rolling down her cheek.
With my sister watching over her he directed me to a dr./patient conference room where he proceeded to explain to me that although hydrmorphone (dillaudid) was itself highly addictive, it's actually one of the easiest opiates to wean off of. And after a further tongue lashing for putting my 63 year old mother in possible danger, he explained that since my mom had fairly recent hip replacement surgery, he could prescribe hdrmrphn without catching attention from the DA.
He then printed up a strict regimen for administering the dillie with weaning off as the primary goal.
Going by memory, I recall first he prescribed 2 eight mg pills per day. One in the morning and one after dinner. Get this.... to be taken sublingualy as to bypass the liver. For one month. Then the following month he wrote a script for 2 four mg per day taken in the same manner.
Then the third month he prescribed the same mg only this time to be taken orally. (By that time she sometimes skipped or forgot to take her second dose.. good sign.)
Then the fourth month naturally he took her down to 2mg twice a day. Again she often skipped her evening dose. Then eventually his instructions changed to one 2mg per day "as needed".
I am happy to report that she stopped taking them at all after not quite 2 weeks and preferred naproxen for minor aches and pain..
I was also tickled myself because I wound up with a decent surplus of dillies for myself.. :)
Sorry I tend to go on with a story once I start. But point being methadone is hands down the most difficult opiate type drug to stop taking, and according to the good dr. Hydromorphone although a strong opiate, is among the easiest to stop using. Granted this is up to the users will and desire to stop.
Now I must add that a different doctor prescribed her Xanax for anxiety a few months later and she liked them...a bit too much.
She over did it one night in October of 2013 and fell asleep in her bedroom floor with her leg underneath her (she was sitting upright on her leg which incidentally had an artery stint behind her knee). She was in that position for at least 12 hours. As a result the stint was bent closed and lost circulation in her leg.. She got to the ER too late and unfortunately had to have her leg amputated.
A sad ending. Because where the leg was removed never healed properly and subsequent infections eventually proved to be fatal. She passed away in October of 2014..
I was also prescribed Xanax for anxiety and PTSD. Needless to say I've switched to colonzopam.
Sorry for the essay, tomorrow will mark two years since her passing and next month will mark two years we've been in court about the faulty stint.
BTW although not an opiate, Xanax proved to be rather difficult to stop using in spite of substituting with klonopin..
Admins may move this post to a more apropriate thread. .
Again, sorry for the essay.
:)
RIP Carolyn. "Mama".

brownshirt, I just read this post it brought me to tears God Bless your mother nobody should have to go thru that much hell especially at that age RIP Carolyn

I recently bought four seemingly normal Xanax bars from my friends dealer who I have never boughten from. I usually take only one or half of one right before I go out because of my anxiety. I checked the bars out and they looked pretty normal. The bag it came in had skulls on the back. Thinking nothing of it I took one bar and waited to feel relaxed and ready to go. Instead ten minutes after taking that pill something completely other than Xanax had hit me. I'm an extremely tiny girl. I weigh 89 pounds and I'm 5'2. The fact that someone laced my Xanax knowing how little I am is so scary! My heart was beating so fast I was getting hot then cold and shivering like a motherfucker. I knew I was overdosing, but had no clue what i was on. Luckily my girlfriends took care of me and had me take water shots until I threw up all of it. Then I took a charcoal pill and continued to throw up. It's been four days and I still have a horrible ache in my chest whenever I talk or laugh. I'm still a little out of it and I shiver whenever i go outside. I read up on what Xanax is commonly laced with and fentanyl came up. I seem to have lots of the symptoms of it. I've had one overdose before this a year ago when I fell into the wrong group of friends and tried meth. Unfortunately, no one toId me how many lines it would take to hit. So I took 8. At this time I weighed 110. After taking a drug test Pcp and coke were also found in my system. I have never touched either! That overdose was horrible and took my body more than half a year to recover. I never went to the hospital for that, so I didn't go for this. I never even knew that Xanax could be laced! Definitely getting a prescription instead. If you have any suggestions of what else it could be please let me know!

Of all the things I've done, from meth, coke, pain pills, I have to say that it's Tramadol that was the worst for me. Now mind you when I was younger (19-22) I was a daily meth snorter, well back then it's like I could do a couple rails and be wired for two days, coke of course took more for that but the withdrawals from those were always nauseau, fever, sleeplessness, irritable, body hurts all over, weak, the feeling that "I NEEEED more" now. But it was always mostly like being ansty and looking for and needing it more than actual sick. Hurt my back 12yrs ago and was prescribed Hydrocodone 10/500's, 8 a day. My very first experience with any kind of pills at all. Of course took more and always ran out. Baaaad fever, cold sweats, pain all over, heart and brain flutters like they would skip a beat here and there, and just hurt, hurt, hurt. So I did a little research for something to ask my dr for that wasnt an opiate and was unanimously recommended Tramadol. Was presc 50mg, 8 a day. Of course would run out but unlike the Lortab w/d's I actually contemplated suicide many manytimes. Constantly nauseous, horrible pain everywhere, back and forth from high fever to freezing cold, shaking uncontrollably, could not even think or concentrate on anything at all, lay down to try and sleep it off? Nope, can't fall asleep cause here comes the restless leg and seizures. Like a full body spasm, only lasts a second but a hundred a night is enough to drive me insane. The restless leg is hard to explain, it's not tingly, not really painful, just what I would imagine a psychopath doing to someone to drive them completely out of their mind. The mini seizures (spasms) are actually terrifying, no muscle control at all. My entire body would just randomly tighten every muscle so hard I would sometimes actually almost fly off my bed. Thats when you start just hoping ya blackout and never wake up. I've taken 4 ambien, smoked a blunt, zanaflex, heating pad, in prep for those nights and nothing ever helps. I have a real long story from one night as soon as I laid down I felt it so got some NyQuil and a shit load of zanaflex to try knocking myself out and ended up hallucinating for about 16 hours afterward. Now that's some scary shit. And would still prefer that to Tramadol withdrawal. But that's just me I guess.

Neb....should have said..haven't known ya long , but keep in touch ( spell check butchered my last text)...I'm fighting the fight ...these opanas.are monsters but I am not giving up...later bro....roxxx

U47700 on top of Furanyl fentanyl gave me withdrawals that were really reeally painful.

Methadone...lasts forever. Super long 1/2 life. I was prescribed 100 mgs daily for 17 years...from age 45 to age 62. Pain management for my back. Had to do a 1-2 year taper in 90 days. Brutal. On day 35 & still not 100% feeling right. Doc told me, "Don't worry...you'll be on these for life." Yeah sure thing...until celebrities start OD'ing...Prince being the straw that broke the feds back. They threatened doctors to lower high-dose patients or lose their license. I went 17 yrs getting 300/10 mg pills monthly. Then my last visit in June, it went from 300 to 240 to 180 to 90. I realized then nobody but yourself will look out for you, so I decided I had it with being addicted. A nightmare 3 months, but I'm taking it 1 day at a time...& each day feels better.

Methadone...lasts forever. Super long 1/2 life. I was prescribed 100 mgs daily for 17 years...from age 45 to age 62. Pain management for my back. Had to do a 1-2 year taper in 90 days. Brutal. On day 35 & still not 100% feeling right. Doc told me, "Don't worry...you'll be on these for life." Yeah sure thing...until celebrities start OD'ing...Prince being the straw that broke the feds back. They threatened doctors to lower high-dose patients or lose their license. I went 17 yrs getting 300/10 mg pills monthly. Then my last visit in June, it went from 300 to 240 to 180 to 90. I realized then nobody but yourself will look out for you, so I decided I had it with being addicted. A nightmare 3 months, but I'm taking it 1 day at a time...& each day feels better.

Best of luck to you SH! im in a very similiar situation ive been on oxycontin and roxys IR for 18 years in pain man for my back, over the last 5 years i could see the end was coming. More than a couple times i turned on the news id see somebody drove a car thru pharmacy door and guess what they always take even leaving behind money sometimes pain med addicts in this country need fucking help real help!. I would go to my pain man appt and near the end i would be the only one in the waiting room at times then they would start the good doc bad doc shit and lowering my meds fuckd up thing is back 10 years ago i never asked to go up they would ask hows your pain level if you said anything over 5 they raised the meds. Im in my early 50s so i feel your pain, as they would lower me i always stayed one step in front of them weening myself then we had a final disagreement and they discharged me they wanted to cover the last of their tracks of what made them so fucking rich! now all they care about is themselves god help them the day im over all the hell i hope i never see any of them again i wont hesitate to take a swing at em!. Anyways bro your further along then me congrats ive tapered down to just a little under 3 15mgs roxys daily from the days of 2 80 oxys with 4 30mgs roxy IR daily this taper has been hell especially a month ago when i stopped taken ocycontin just using my less half life roxys to ween then hopefully jump from. I gotta say bro you are good inspiration for me we are older and its good to see you lived thru it i know i have hell to pay yet after two decades on ops! congrats again SH
23.gif

Best of luck to you SH! im in a very similiar situation ive been on oxycontin and roxys IR for 18 years in pain man for my back, over the last 5 years i could see the end was coming. More than a couple times i turned on the news id see somebody drove a car thru pharmacy door and guess what they always take even leaving behind money sometimes pain med addicts in this country need fucking help real help!. I would go to my pain man appt and near the end i would be the only one in the waiting room at times then they would start the good doc bad doc shit and lowering my meds fuckd up thing is back 10 years ago i never asked to go up they would ask hows your pain level if you said anything over 5 they raised the meds. Im in my early 50s so i feel your pain, as they would lower me i always stayed one step in front of them weening myself then we had a final disagreement and they discharged me they wanted to cover the last of their tracks of what made them so fucking rich! now all they care about is themselves god help them the day im over all the hell i hope i never see any of them again i wont hesitate to take a swing at em!. Anyways bro your further along then me congrats ive tapered down to just a little under 3 15mgs roxys daily from the days of 2 80 oxys with 4 30mgs roxy IR daily this taper has been hell especially a month ago when i stopped taken ocycontin just using my less half life roxys to ween then hopefully jump from. I gotta say bro you are good inspiration for me we are older and its good to see you lived thru it i know i have hell to pay yet after two decades on ops! congrats again SH
23.gif

Thanks my friend...these so-called doctors don't care about any 1 of us. All they care about is the money. I know what you're going through & I wish you the best.
The Drug War should be waged against BIG PHARMA, as if they had their way, we'd all be addicted zombies. Plus the feds should keep their hands off medicine & patients. I think all drugs should be legalized, as booze & tobacco kill more people yearly than all drugs combined. If drugs were legal, no more Cartels, street gang's revenue plummets, tax it & let the money go to feed the poor, education, homeless shelters, etc.
Something needs to change & quickly or this entire world is living on borrowed time. We old timers have seen a lotta change & seems like it's all for the worse.
I wish you all the best.

Thanks my friend...these so-called doctors don't care about any 1 of us. All they care about is the money. I know what you're going through & I wish you the best.
The Drug War should be waged against BIG PHARMA, as if they had their way, we'd all be addicted zombies. Plus the feds should keep their hands off medicine & patients. I think all drugs should be legalized, as booze & tobacco kill more people yearly than all drugs combined. If drugs were legal, no more Cartels, street gang's revenue plummets, tax it & let the money go to feed the poor, education, homeless shelters, etc.
Something needs to change & quickly or this entire world is living on borrowed time. We old timers have seen a lotta change & seems like it's all for the worse.
I wish you all the best.

I agree with everything you said friend this world is on borrowed time and all the change ive seen has been for the worse. I was a teenager in the 70s different world then and the 80s were great to me economy was great things were cheap life was much easier. I have a 25 year old daughter and a 17 year old son my daughter was young in the last of good days spoiled the shit out of her and was happy to. Its been tough during the last 17 years my sons whole life its been a economically a struggle. Me and the wife have had to change jobs couple times i live in jersey im making the same money i was making in the 90s and i work on a mac in printing ind. im a graphic artist or prepress tech you would think the pay would be good in the last 9 years all we have gotten at my job was 3 paycuts!. Ive lived in NJ my whole life and i have watched it go from good to shit if your not making over a 120k a year its hard to survive here, everywhere you go in nj strip malls have one maybe two stores open rest closed. Things are not good here anymore my goal is to get the fuck out i wanna move to fl within the next 5 years. A house in my town worth 300k and pay $9800 taxes on it a year for example ive seen nice areas in fl where that same house would be worth 120k and taxes there $1000 a year its really a no brainer for me i cant afford to live in nj anymore. Best of luck to you and congrats again on day 35 dam i would love to be on day 35 shit i'll take day 5 right now. sorry bout the long jersey rant
23.gif

Last edited:
I agree with everything you said friend this world is on borrowed time and all the change ive seen has been for the worse. I was a teenager in the 70s different world then and the 80s were great to me economy was great things were cheap life was much easier. I have a 25 year old daughter and a 17 year old son my daughter was young in the last of good days spoiled the shit out of her and was happy to. Its been tough during the last 17 years my sons whole life its been a economically a struggle. Me and the wife have had to change jobs couple times i live in jersey im making the same money i was making in the 90s and i work on a mac in printing ind. im a graphic artist or prepress tech you would think the pay would be good in the last 9 years all we have gotten at my job was 3 paycuts!. Ive lived in NJ my whole life and i have watched it go from good to shit if your not making over a 120k a year its hard to survive here, everywhere you go in nj strip malls have one maybe two stores open rest closed. Things are not good here anymore my goal is to get the fuck out i wanna move to fl within the next 5 years. A house in my town worth 300k and pay $9800 taxes on it a year for example ive seen nice areas in fl where that same house would be worth 120k and taxes there $1000 a year its really a no brainer for me i cant afford to live in nj anymore. Best of luck to you and congrats again on day 35 dam i would love to be on day 35 shit i'll take day 5 right now. sorry bout the long jersey rant
23.gif

Holy shit do we have a lot in common!! 1st off, I was in the newspaper industry for 30 years. Starting at The Rocky Mtn News in Denver, CO & then moved to NC, as I had to split CO quickly...legal problems in 1983. I moved to NC, as my folks retired here. I came here at age 30, leaving all my pals, g/f's, my local bar where everyone was like family (think CHEERS on skid row) & my Teamster job at The Rocky Mtn News. I was a driver for the Transportation Dept & was making $11/hr in the late 70s. Primo job! Then everything was yanked out from under me (my own fault) & had to start over in NC, where I could barely understand anyone. Took awhile to get established, but ended up as Circulation Director at the local paper. Circulation = 12,500 as opposed to Denver = 350,000. Very inexpensive to live down here, but took me awhile to be able to understand Southern accents. Had to slow my pace as well, as I'd get all impatient if I was standing in line & some broad was holding shit up. What a transition.

I have all my relatives in NJ. Mostly around New Brunswick...but some are in South Jersey near AC. I'd spend the entire summer at my grandparents' house in New Brunswick as a kid. My cousin & I would take the Suburban Transit bus to NYC when we were like 12 & ride the subways all day for the 1 price. I also have a 25 year old son who lives with my wife & me. Great kid, but nowadays these kids barely socialize outside of these contraptions. By the time I was 25, I had hitch-hiked cross country 3 times & went deep into Mexico...almost being killed numerous times. Nowadays, these kids can't hitch anymore. I did it from 1972-74...but I'm extremely familiar with NJ...& you're right, I could not afford to live there.

At least you don't have to deal with this fuckin Methadone...probably the worst drug there is. I know you can kick that shit, as you sound like me. You're sick & tired of being reliant on some pill. You were smart to start tapering when you did. I don't think you'll have LONG withdrawals, like the 'dones. I've heard of people who took a lesser dose & for a shorter period of time than me take up to 6 months before they feel 100%. I can't look at it like that. It's 1 day at a time until each day starts adding up & I'll be glad when it's a year from now, as this'll all be history. I had to get glasses at age 62, as the drugstore reading glasses weren't cutting it anymore. I did that on day 20 & NEVER being to an eye doctor before, I had no idea what to expect...plus still feeling like shit.

Keep in touch...let me know how you're doing & it was great corresponding with you. Chat ya later, tld.

Holy shit do we have a lot in common!! 1st off, I was in the newspaper industry for 30 years. Starting at The Rocky Mtn News in Denver, CO & then moved to NC, as I had to split CO quickly...legal problems in 1983. I moved to NC, as my folks retired here. I came here at age 30, leaving all my pals, g/f's, my local bar where everyone was like family (think CHEERS on skid row) & my Teamster job at The Rocky Mtn News. I was a driver for the Transportation Dept & was making $11/hr in the late 70s. Primo job! Then everything was yanked out from under me (my own fault) & had to start over in NC, where I could barely understand anyone. Took awhile to get established, but ended up as Circulation Director at the local paper. Circulation = 12,500 as opposed to Denver = 350,000. Very inexpensive to live down here, but took me awhile to be able to understand Southern accents. Had to slow my pace as well, as I'd get all impatient if I was standing in line & some broad was holding shit up. What a transition.

I have all my relatives in NJ. Mostly around New Brunswick...but some are in South Jersey near AC. I'd spend the entire summer at my grandparents' house in New Brunswick as a kid. My cousin & I would take the Suburban Transit bus to NYC when we were like 12 & ride the subways all day for the 1 price. I also have a 25 year old son who lives with my wife & me. Great kid, but nowadays these kids barely socialize outside of these contraptions. By the time I was 25, I had hitch-hiked cross country 3 times & went deep into Mexico...almost being killed numerous times. Nowadays, these kids can't hitch anymore. I did it from 1972-74...but I'm extremely familiar with NJ...& you're right, I could not afford to live there.

At least you don't have to deal with this fuckin Methadone...probably the worst drug there is. I know you can kick that shit, as you sound like me. You're sick & tired of being reliant on some pill. You were smart to start tapering when you did. I don't think you'll have LONG withdrawals, like the 'dones. I've heard of people who took a lesser dose & for a shorter period of time than me take up to 6 months before they feel 100%. I can't look at it like that. It's 1 day at a time until each day starts adding up & I'll be glad when it's a year from now, as this'll all be history. I had to get glasses at age 62, as the drugstore reading glasses weren't cutting it anymore. I did that on day 20 & NEVER being to an eye doctor before, I had no idea what to expect...plus still feeling like shit.

Keep in touch...let me know how you're doing & it was great corresponding with you. Chat ya later, tld.

Holy shit!!! your not kidding we have alot in common both sets of my grandparents were from New Brunswick, I was born at St Peters hospital in NB. I live in the town next to NB my mother is still alive 87 years old, i bought my house in the 23 years ago im in the same neiborhood i grew up in close to my mother. I use to skip out of school all the time and take Suburban transit and trains to NY city with freinds back when time square had character not like it is now it looks like a disney are mall now lol we use to hang out around 42st go to peep shows etc. couple times it was like the movie Warriors we barely made it back to the train st alive it gives you street smarts you have for life there. I miss the old days late 70s and 80s hitting all the rock clubs in NY i loved L'Amours in Brooklyn great fucking times kids these days dont have a clue and they never will its all gone for good. I use to go out in the morning and most of the time came back that night kids barely leave the fucking house now. They dont even have any drive in theaters in nj anymore so much has changed me and my buddies use to treat everyday as and adventure skip school go to NY city or climb water towers crazy adventure shit smokin weed great times. Kids these days hardly talk to each other in person computers, cell phones have stolen their childhood. I also use to hitch hike all the time not advisable these days. I have done methadone couple times over the years a freind of mine was on methadone and was cut off cold turkey having to spend a month in jail i use to get some meth from him a couple times. He told me the hell of meth withdrawals this is why after reading your posts blew me away and also inspired me. So true im done with this shit living almost 20 years with a pill bottle close by always sick of pain man sick of it all give me a beer and a joint its really all i ever needed in life! i fucking hate big pharma and what they have done to so many lives i lost more than one freind. And i hate when i hear people say nobody forced the shit on ya they didnt have to all they had to do was make it so easily available!. I finally just got presciption glasses last year but still use my readers mostly im near the highest strength reader now. You have come so far!!! one day at a time brotha i wish i was on day 10 even but i have the same mindset as you really at our age this shit had to come to and end. Hell yes we will keep in touch great talking with you also for all i know we may even know some of the same people small fucking world!.

I know the thread is old as dirt, but thought I'd leave my experience.

I've dabbled in almost every opiate in low to moderate amounts except heroine and fentanyl. I've detoxed dozens and dozens of times with varying degrees of intensity, but only really had 3 withdrawals I believe are worth mentioning.

#3. 3 year hydrocodone habit. Started out on 15mg/day and quit c/t on 200/mg per day. It was pretty bad for about 5 days, then I rapidly recovered. Used Valium (highly recommend benzos-if you aren't already on them- for opiate w/d... Valium is the best) as only comfort med.

#2. 14 month roxicodone habit- started out on 20mg/day (snorting) and quit cold turkey on 180-240mg/day. This one was rough, far worse than hydrocodone. Again coped using Valium.

#1, by far. Quit a 1 year methadone and Xanax co-dependency cold turkey (60mg and 2mg per day, respectively). I could not use comfort meds this time because I was subject to court-ordered drug tests. I honestly do not know how those who were on far higher dosages than me made it through this hell. I did not sleep for 5 days. Was pissing out my ass, when I could make it to the toilet. Severe sweats, chills, restless legs, brain zaps, full body convulsions, hallucinations, brain fog, lost sense of reality, guts rolling constantly, severe muscle aches. It gradually began to subside after 2 full weeks, and I wasn't "normal" for probably 3 months. This happened over 3 years ago, and I have not touched methadone or Xanax since. I still abuse hydrocodone and roxicodone (my drug of choice, love those blues), but the associated w/d's now are nothing compared to the methadone/Xanax combo. That shit is the devil.

FWIW, the worst withdrawals I've ever seen in someone else was a past co-worker. He had a year long daily IV 120-200mg of Opana habit. He started with the 40mg beige stop signs that were pink in the middle. They re-formulated them so they wouldn't break down in water, so my co-worker began using rubbing alcohol and shooting that mixture in his arm (he skipped the step where you're supposed to microwave it to remove the alcohol and remix it with water- he thought that was wasting dope). Anyway, when he finally ran out of dope/money, the guy was in rough, rough shape. Real bad, for a while. Worse than any methadone withdrawal I've seen.

Thanks for reading. Sorry for digging up an old thread.

Methadone. Ughhh. Days of mini symptoms until that forever half life ends and then like 2 weeks of major w/d followed by a month-3 months before feeling remotely normal.

Guys I'm stuck I never have banged a pill before and yeah I've been a heavy user of heroin for 3 years now well I didn't know there was a gel cover on this pill it's been soaking and there is still a little gel around it how do I get that off is the white thing that's left is that the pill I'm trying to shoot it and I don't know what to do next I'm new to blue light as a member and I always read them when I google about drugs. Please help lol I don't even know how to post my own thing without replying to a thread and a lot of them are from like 2006 and whatever waaay before today's date idk how people check them I'm confused just some body help