The World Music thread

I think you meant to say modern celtic music.
That's true, though he recorded this 50 years ago 🙂 He's from the region of Brittany in France, so a Celtic region. He embraced a pan- celtic musical tradition and is sort of the musical godfather of it. I saw him in concert a couple of times many years ago. Some of his recordings are more traditionally performed.

That's true, though he recorded this 50 years ago 🙂 He's from the region of Brittany in France, so a Celtic region. He embraced a pan- celtic musical tradition and is sort of the musical godfather of it. I saw him in concert a couple of times many years ago. Some of his recordings are more traditionally performed.
Thank you for clearing that.

I never thought mandolin and bagpipe goes well.
I believe that was a bazouki he was playing, not that I know how it is distinguished musically. There are some surprising ( to me anyhow) variations on instrumentation in traditional Irish music. Last night I saw a great sextet of guitar, pipes, accordion, fiddle, and 2 banjos. Played very well together

I believe that was a bazouki he was playing, not that I know how it is distinguished musically. There are some surprising ( to me anyhow) variations on instrumentation in traditional Irish music. Last night I saw a great sextet of guitar, pipes, accordion, fiddle, and 2 banjos. Played very well together
I can hardly tell the difference.