The World Music thread

Sweet. I like soft lipa too. I'm not familiar with all the artists in the mixtape. Leo (王)is good for sure.

Nice their jazz is good - been trying to find good jazz a couple months ago

I suspect these artists are from Taiwan as they're using traditional Chinese characters, which makes it a bitch to search specific tracks as I don't write/understand most traditional Chinese. Just simplified. Orally there's no difference though, so I can understand most of what they spit.

Is there any general theme to different country music you think? For example maybe USA is politics, drugs, big booties, being the man, simple pleasures, relationships, ect?

What have you noticed?

I suspect these artists are from Taiwan as they're using traditional Chinese characters, which makes it a bitch to search specific tracks as I don't write/understand most traditional Chinese. Just simplified. Orally there's no difference though, so I can understand most of what they spit.
Thank you for sharing.

Is there any general theme to different country music you think? For example maybe USA is politics, drugs, big booties, being the man, simple pleasures, relationships, ect?

What have you noticed?
Being the man, relationships, sometimes drugs (but nothing overt - they might say they have the right medicine for that)... Kind of think of rap as kind of in it's infancy in Taiwan. There's an established scene for sure, but the production reminds me of western rap/hip-hop from around 2005.

(Here's an example from S. Mainland China with subs to give you an idea). I suspect Taiwanese rap is better though because of Americana influence and they don't have to censor what they say as much as mainland China under the CCP.

Last edited:
@BK38 - thanks again. These are fire IMO:

Glad you like them man and I'm happy to have broadened your musical horizons. Music can truly transcend things like language barriers.

Here's something totally different for you (It's one of the top Ethiopian jazz musicians (Mulatu Astatke) collabing with a UK based group (The Heliocentrics) to create some kind of fusion music ):