Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Walking Dead

yeah but don't worry, the only part of florida considered southern is like tallahassee & immediate surrounding areas, you just live in Florida.

Turrible acting sounds bad indeed.

"turrible" - that's my Barkley impression. :D

What terrible acting are you referring to? I think they're all doing a great job. The kid maybe?

"turrible" acting, really?

I'm not expert acting critic, and while I don't think the show showcases phenomenal acting, I think it's right about on par with everything else cable TV subjects us to these days

so I don't know if I can agree with you Fawkes. maybe if you care enough to point out some more examples, so I can better see where you are coming from?

i'm (obviously :))not an acting critic either, but some of the acting was just... painful. i've only watched episode 2: "Guts", but one of the scenes that i thought was just totally unbelievable was the exchange between Rick Grimes and Andrea inside the department store before the zombies break through the glass. again, it's hard to explain since i'm no critic, but the acting overall was definitely awkward.

i would say the Asian kid above all, is the most uncomfortable to watch.

i guess the problem is that i don't watch a lot of "serious" cable television and thus, maybe my expectations are too high. :\

hopefully, i'm not sounding pretentious since many of you like it, and again, i really want to love it, but it seemed a bit cheesy to me and just not quite the quality i was anticipating...

Last edited:
The asian kid is awesome, former future pig. See, this is why I could never crush on you.
Nice Barkley impression by the way.

I kind of like the Asian kid. He's one that finds joys in the simple pleasures. Everyone else has a stick so far up their ass they can't enjoy driving a nice fast car in open lanes with no traffic.

The asian kid is awesome, former future pig. See, this is why I could never crush on you.
Nice Barkley impression by the way.

:( i'll still crush you. so :p

I kind of like the Asian kid. He's one that finds joys in the simple pleasures. Everyone else has a stick so far up their ass they can't enjoy driving a nice fast car in open lanes with no traffic.

good point! that was a fun scene. :)

don't get me wrong, i'll probably continue to watch it, disappointing acting n' all, just 'cause i'm a sucker for zombies.

And, I also believe that the affair was happening prior to apocalypse.

me too

I don't like coming back to this thread until I am caught up on episodes. Effin spoilers for those of us who can't stay up til 11p watching tv with commercials ;)

I don't think the acting is terrible.

as a side note, this next episode (entitled "Vatos") is the episode written by the creator, Robert Kirkman. it looks to be very interesting, and from what the teaser summary entails, should showcase a lot of human drama. I would assume that Merle's brother is going to be pissed on the rooftop, and then after that I think our survivors run into some gangsters who have been holing out in the middle of Atlanta. should be very interesting!

here are to photos that were previewed from TWD site. you have to see the zombie!

NSFW:
walkingdead21.jpg

and the "vatos"!

walkingdead12.jpg

Sick photos from the next episode - that zombie is fantastic. I've really been impressed with quality of special effects in this series. Better than some movies I've seen. Although it is pretty obvious on the far out shots where there are a lot of zombies that they are computer generated.

What is this crap I am hearing about how there is only 3 episodes left till the next season.

^ this crap is true. I guess AMC was a little bit apprehensive in how much money to pour in to a show planned on the long-term that has its roots in a long-running comics series. they should have considered our generation's infatuation with all things zombie and the apocalypse

however, the second season got OK'd essentially right away. although the 2nd season isn't slated to start until next October, I believe that they will include at least 8-12 episodes

it's a long time to wait until the next installment, but it's totally worth it if we can get some length behind the story's development

Next October? Aye carumba! But ya, I can understand them not wanting to invest in something that could have ended in epic failure.

Breaking Bad was given the same treatment, only having aired 7 episodes in its first season. Now it has 13 episodes per season. Mad Men airs 13 episodes per season, too. I'm sure The Walking Dead will do the same.

Breaking Bad was given the same treatment, only having aired 7 episodes in its first season. Now it has 13 episodes per season. Mad Men airs 13 episodes per season, too. I'm sure The Walking Dead will do the same.

Not quite. Breaking Bad was supposed to air 9 but the writer's strike kept it at seven.

I am assuming that The Walking Dead is very high budget and we will be seeing a lot of very short seasons unless it starts raking in the dollars. It has to cost a fuckload of money to get all of those zombie actors into such high quality makeup, plus using all of those prime locations to shoot their scenes.

again, just wanted to reiterate that tonight's episode was written by TWD creator and comic book author, Robert Kirkman. he's a genius so I know this one will be epic

holy jesus shit I was almost too fucking high for that shit!

NSFW:
i know that a lot of "the camp" dies off, which is one of the reasons it's such a different zombie series from all the rest, but god damnit, too high too high! The vatos really broke my heart.

The acting is bad. The dialog is atrocious. I can't bring myself to give a shit about any of the characters. The story is just a who's who of zombie movie cliches.

I gave it a chance. I really did.

that last episode was great! I wish series founder Robert Kirkman could write all the episodes, it had a feel that was much more derivative from the spectacular comic books

I loved the twist for the vatos. it was nice for the gang to run into a group that weren't stone cold killers. and to think - the janitor!

Jim digging the hole... it sucks I know what comes next but it should set up some good, juicy drama

anybody else think that Merle might be a sorta pied piper that leads some zombies into the camp? I am very excited about the next episode, I cringe at the thought of Merle having control of the entire camp without its leader, Rick the Policeman