Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Walking Dead

Episode 3 just ended 6 minutes ago. Sunday 11/21 next episode will air.

about to watch hehe :)

edit: wow. great episode.

NSFW:
so i guess that puts to rest the pre-apocalypse shane and lori fling theory. shane's a bit of a loose cannon--that might get the best of him at the wrong time down the line...

merle's acting on the roof was brilliant; hats off to him.

Last edited:
I fucking love it, never thought a zombie drama series would be this good.

the_walking_dead_amc_cast.jpg

Also how awesome would it be to win the stand in zombie part!?

I know, right? I enter every time I watch. This show gets into my head because I had ANOTHER zombie dream. Second one I've had after watching an episode. Shane goes from pounding his frustrations out of Rick's wife to pounding them into Ed's face. I see that coming back to biting him in the ass. Ed will probably beat his wife to death after that. Anger + humiliation in an abusive man makes for a ticking time bomb.

now you guys know why I have been gushing over the comics serious for the past 8 or so years it's been around. the writing is so excellent. the worst part about zombies movies are the endings, and it seems that the writer never wants to end TWD

sadly I didn't get to watch episode 3 due to footbaw. but I'm going to hit up Hulu as soon as it gets uploaded

Last nights episode was weak. Hopefully, that won't be norm. I loved the opening. LOL@ the redneck saying he don't need Jesus's help.

I loved the third episode.

Maybe 20 human beings left in Atlanta and they still cannot coexist when their very survival counts on it. How fucked up is that?

I'm pretty pessimistic, I think it's realistic on the human condition as a whole. sure, I could see myself surviving nicely with people "like me" or people who are friends of mine... but could I coexist for a long amount of time with a guy who openly beats his wife? could I get along with two stubborn, blatant racists? not likely

It's a huge world. I would just seek out some better people. Just find a nice big RV, load it with water, food and guns, syphon gas as you go along and you're set. Screw sleeping in tents outside. You want to always be in the position to be mobile. This way, you're mobile and you're never in a position where you'll have to abandon your weapons or supplies.

Speaking of syphoning gas, why haven't any of the characters done that yet, I wonder? There are tons of cars with gas in them just sitting in the road. To hell with looking for a gas station. There's no power anyway. How the hell are you going to get gas without any electricity to power the pumps in the first place? Come on Rick. Seriously. Get it together man. I learned how to syphon gas when I was 8.

I don't know...I always imagined that in times of crises people would put their differences aside and work together. That may not be what The Walking Dead portrays but I have a feeling that's more for dramatic-effect than a real-life portrayal.

I could be off the mark but I know the last thing I would want to do in a situation like that is make more enemies than I already have.

I don't know...I always imagined that in times of crises people would put their differences aside and work together. That may not be what The Walking Dead portrays but I have a feeling that's more for dramatic-effect than a real-life portrayal.

in a perfect world? and you do have a point, maybe the writers beef up the drama for the sake of entertaining us. the pessimist in me, again, doubts it is beefed up too much

It's a huge world. I would just seek out some better people. Just find a nice big RV, load it with water, food and guns, syphon gas as you go along and you're set. Screw sleeping in tents outside. You want to always be in the position to be mobile. This way, you're mobile and you're never in a position where you'll have to abandon your weapons or supplies.

if the series is anything like the comics, they don't stick to the tents outside thing for too long. I think you should see in the next couple episodes, they've been building it up. they do have the RV and they will be going mobile shortly...

That was a righteous beating! Boy do I love TV-violence :D

What stood out though was the bartering.. What an asshole

i love zombies and i really, really, REALLY wanted to love this show, but my god, the acting is turrible. just turrible! i tried to overlook it but i don't know how many of those, "c'mon really?!" looks i can take from my boyfriend.

What terrible acting are you referring to? I think they're all doing a great job. The kid maybe? He's just a little boy. Give him a break.

Just watched all 3 episodes last night! Sometimes, I really love being behind on a show and getting caught up quickly.

Slow your roll while reading this, there might be a spoiler or two...

This show is phenom! I am reminded of many things though: 28 Days Later meets The Stand peppered with The Crazies (LEO as main character, i guess) and sprinkled with Zombieland (I kept wanting to yell "double tap" at the screen!). Glenn is so "Short Round"! And thanks, Axl, I didn't pick up on that being Mr. Svenning playing Merle. Deputy Rick Grimes reminds me so much of Carl from "Ghost":
MV5BMTMxNTI3OTU5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDA2ODE0Mw@@._V1._SY314_CR40,0,214,314_.jpg

Like someone mentioned earlier- that beginning stairwell scene with the matches was intense! As was the one with Rick and Glenn draped in zombie blood/intestines. Although, the scene where Rick describes the dead guy before hacking him up? I didn't care for it. It was way too "his name is Robert Paulson" from "Fight Club", yanno?

And, I also believe that the affair was happening prior to apocalypse. Not cool. But, I don't really blame them for continuing as much after they believed Rick was dead. BUT, why the hell would Shane say Rick was dead?! He couldn't have wanted her that bad?

Another thing, the women doing the laundry?! Really? REALLY?! (not to mention the one woman with the ironing board and cast iron iron straight outta 1912!). I like the blonde who stood up to the cro-magnon wife beater. But Shane's nearly pummeling him to death? Yeah, that's not gonna go over well.

I hope that man and his boy can meet up with this crew and be safe!

Alright, I'm done! Awesome! Can't wait 'til Sunday!

"turrible" acting, really?

I'm not expert acting critic, and while I don't think the show showcases phenomenal acting, I think it's right about on par with everything else cable TV subjects us to these days

some characters have actually shown me GREAT acting. I think Shane so far has been the best. Lori, the wife, has been very good as well. while Glenn is one dimensional, he has always been a fan favorite of mine and he really pulls of the character well. case-in-point when he was so disgruntled over them ripping up the car! that was entertaining to see the looks of disgust and annoyance on his face

I also have to give props to Michael Rooker, playing the hillbilly racist Merle. like Frank said, he is just so damn good at playing assholes

so I don't know if I can agree with you Fawkes. maybe if you care enough to point out some more examples, so I can better see where you are coming from?

HNIF -- you know how to syphon gas because we're southerners. I question if the writers are?

I also think its a bunch of bullshit to think humans don't pull together in a time of crisis. We are originally clan animals, I think that assessment holds false. I mean, Katrina? Hello?! People were working together to get what they needed to survive, even when nature, the government, and the police were actively working against them. I think humans would work together and eliminate the ones from the herd who are putting them at risk --- which is why I'm surprised the wife beater is still there, and as for merle

NSFW:
what the fuck let me just cut off my hand instead of, i don't know, cutting the rusty pipe? or the handcuff chain? because OBVIOUSLY its going to be easier to cut off my own fucking hand and possibly die on account of dehydration, loss of blood, and sheer pain that will make me pass out in zombie infested doorway.

8)

The walking dead < Breaking bad

Breaking Bad is the greatest show of all time [IMO], I don't think that comparing the two is very fair. The only show that could ever compete with Breaking Bad is The Wire, and choosing between those two is a matter of preference between drama of the highest degree with symbolism and subtlety to rival some of the greatest novels ever, or the greatest sociopolitical docudrama ever created for television.

Not going to completely derail this thread, I have something to say about The Walking Dead as well. I thought they were siphoning gas out of the car the little asian kid stole? And I didn't know that all southerners knew how to siphon gasoline? That is a new stereotype to add to the books.