• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Venting The Vent/Rant Thread Vs. You Silly KnuckleHeads Can Go Fly a Kite!!

Thank God it was the car not you. You are fine, not hurt.
I know that does not help you a tiny bit but imagine under what scenarios you could be in.
Hitting someone. Getting really hurt. Had no means at all to purchase anything.

Material things come and go. I've had so many accidents while I was under the substance.
So many first cars.

You'll be fine Phil. Few years from now this will be nothing.
Good luck and take care.

Have gone Swimming only to find out they had close the pool today.
Murphy law...

Thank God it was the car not you. You are fine, not hurt.
I know that does not help you a tiny bit but imagine under what scenarios you could be in.
Hitting someone. Getting really hurt. Had no means at all to purchase anything.

Material things come and go. I've had so many accidents while I was under the substance.
So many first cars.

You'll be fine Phil. Few years from now this will be nothing.
Good luck and take care.

Thanks Erik. I feel better now that some time has passed. You're right, its just property and money. These things can be replaced. Imagine if I was at fault, or if someone had been injured or killed.

This will be water under the bridge no time and pales in comparison to the plight of many others within this forum and without (the terminally ill, the destitute, etc).

Plus I know if I ever need funds all I have to do is go to the cardroom and just play tight/aggressive for a few hours and I'll leave half a paycheck richer...

I just hope the insurance company of the other driver plays ball and doesn't attempt any fuckery. I don't have the patience, time or wherewithal to go through a small claims case.

Sorry for the long posts and rants but, hey, this IS the rant thread, right? Go fly a kite! LULZ.

Edit: I think the worst part of this ordeal is turning out to be the fact that the only "economy" car the rental place had was a BABY BLUE MINI COOPER. Yeah, I'll be getting all the girls now!

Words are inadequate to describe my level of frustration with Windows 10. I'm a software engineer, so I am knowledgable about technology, but seriously, these new features and all the crap one must opt out of to ensure privacy just suck all desire for me to use the Windows platform. Oh yeah, and it's buggy as hell.

I am also at a similar point with OSX, as Mac seems to be following in Windows footsteps with the lack of transparency and privacy.

I am so close to wiping my machines and installing Linux, but am so incredibly lazy I will probably just deal with it and take no action aside from editing the registry on the current OSes. I miss the good old days where Admins were truly God users, I shouldn't have to hack my machines to perform the most basic of functions.

Rant over.

Last edited:
^ my pc is always asking me that whether I want to 'upgrade' to Windows 10.

I'm a bit frustrated because whenever there are holidays I sort of volunteer to work.
There's a point that you have so much workload that I try to figure how many hours would I have to work to have all that done.

My supervisors always say that I should ask for help but I should understand that everyone's plate is already full.
And when they see that things are really getting worse they sort of let me know that if maybe I have a different way to organize my work.

That could have been true at some point but we've passed that.

^ my pc is always asking me that whether I want to 'upgrade' to Windows 10.

I'm a bit frustrated because whenever there are holidays I sort of volunteer to work.
There's a point that you have so much workload that I try to figure how many hours would I have to work to have all that done.

My supervisors always say that I should ask for help but I should understand that everyone's plate is already full.
And when they see that things are really getting worse they sort of let me know that if maybe I have a different way to organize my work.

That could have been true at some point but we've passed that.

Don't recommend updating the pc.

God, your work sounds like my last employment. I was a web developer at a small shop and the owners were cheap. All the tools we had were free or beta versions. They kept taking on new assignments and delegating them out to us developers, asking for time estimates, and then telling us we needed to organize our work differently because we weren't able to finish a months worth of programming in a week. It didn't help that the supervisor was a self righteous prick who wanted status updates every five minutes. I tried to tell him the more time I spend giving him updates the less time I was actually working on something productive, but he was a megalomaniac that needed people constantly reporting into him. I finally put my notice in and haven't looked back. One of the best decisions I have made lol. Good luck on your situation. I think life's too short to deal with unrealistic workloads and deadlines.

Thanks! I have had my period of choosing whether to stay or to leave. Have actually received great opportunities but something strong connects me to this job. I'm paid reasonably, can always talk my points of view and I totally get along with everyone.

Through this work I've gone to a lot of places I would only afford in dreams and worked with different cultures which is really awesome. It's the day to day routine that's killing me and probably because I'm very sober in life so stress is always nearby.

I had a therapist who had told me that it's mostly about me adapting myself to constant challenging situations more than the work itself. I'm very fast, and I can't help it sometimes. This makes me get more than I can hold so I believe I have to learn how to impose limits and don't stay as much time there. I guess I miss being young and having so many options and all that energy. :)

I'm training for a local competition and it's making me very nervous the simple fact that when I upgrade my aerobic performance during competitions some moments are crucial if you want to win. I always start quite well but almost always after 12-13 minutes of intense exercise I quickly start to feel this uncontrollable itching all over my body.

This sort of thing used to happen to me when I was young, and of course it delays my performance as I do have to scratch myself and not only I lose positions it feels pretty awkward to scratch my chest while I'm swimming.

I asked about it for the instructor. I thought it must have been some relation to endorphin release.
It's not at all the same itching as I used to have with opiates but it's irritating. It's small thing and it sort of make me lose something I'm working hard to win. Not to mention it's embarrassing lol during a competition.

Anyways..the good thing about these day to day routine is that I can see how we forget how annoying work or life can be sometimes...

Last edited:
I thought you were my partner; I cared for you so much. I lived for you the last year and you had the audacity to flip my world upside down.
When you told me about the infidelity I told you I needed you as a friend more than anything, and you've spat in my face.

It's been a quite a few weeks now and I'm not sure if I've really processed things.
I've been binge eating a bit lately, too. I've lost so much LBM and now I'm just adding fat to no frame and a weak heart (both literally and metaphorically speaking)

I just need to start sorting my shit out, and I feel like I'm in no place to do that.
I don't feel any better getting that out clearly.

Fuck. SHIT CUNT

Hughes net..

"you have snouw on your woof" = NO

"u download windows 10" = NO

Your scummy company is slowing down your service on purpose to try and extort more money out of customers victims and respected popular internet related companies.

Everyone knows your scum... I hope a respectable company is rolling in on your pathetic greedy ass.

^ no ethics at all.

My internet is connected to our Satellite TV and the costs are charged direct from our bank account.
We tried to cancel the services for the past weeks and it takes at least 1.5 hour on the phone to talk to a human being who most of the times disconnect the phone call when he hears we want out. They don't have an office that I can go to.

I want annoy you with the problems we are having. Bottom line is; We can't cancel, we're watching Netflix instead, unless we want to follow the news through our iPad. And they don't show up for tech visits as scheduled - service that I pay every month. We have written complaints on their site.

It seems we'll need a lawyer who can visit their virtual world where they don't do the services.

The worst; if the bank receives my order not to collect the monthly pay which automatically deducted my name is listed as non-payer!!

So I'll borrow NSA's last phrase to conclude this...

Last edited:
Words are inadequate to describe my level of frustration with Windows 10. I'm a software engineer, so I am knowledgable about technology, but seriously, these new features and all the crap one must opt out of to ensure privacy just suck all desire for me to use the Windows platform. Oh yeah, and it's buggy as hell.

I am also at a similar point with OSX, as Mac seems to be following in Windows footsteps with the lack of transparency and privacy.

I am so close to wiping my machines and installing Linux, but am so incredibly lazy I will probably just deal with it and take no action aside from editing the registry on the current OSes. I miss the good old days where Admins were truly God users, I shouldn't have to hack my machines to perform the most basic of functions.

Rant over.

Spent the last few days trying to get this kindle fire to work well enough so it won't agitate me every time I use it. The default browser runs a little faster then AOL with dial up. after some searching I got Firefox and Adblock on it but it's still slow. Recommend the device though, especially if you have netflix or prime, the screen is amazing and it's selling for $70.

Last edited:
my P.C. is always asking me that whether I want to 'upgrade' to Windows 10

So is mine! But when I try to do it, it tells me my computer isn't capable of running it. WTF?!? But it won't quit asking me to upgrade. $hit!
Well, my rant is UPS mind-fucked me good today. I am out of my meds (insurance issue) and had to resort to ordering them online to save money. UPS tracking said it would be here today (Saturday) which is 2 days early (originally supposed to come Monday). Well, I'm out of my psych meds for anxiety because of the insurance issue, so I'm like, YAY! So, I wait all day, and about 4 pm, I get a notification e-mail saying, 'oops, we don't do Saturday deliveries to your ZIP code, delivery rescheduled back to Monday' I feel like Christmas was supposed to be today, and I woke up to all the presents being gone from under the tree LOL. Bastards!

Oh, and a real, true angry rant: Screw you life! Why did my wife die in her sleep 6 weeks ago dammit? :? She was clean for years, all the times we partied and lived, and now that we're clean you take her. She was only 45! She wasn't even sick! (So far as I know!) That was my best friend, the closest person to me in my life, ever! 15 years of marriage and I thought many, many more. I am empty, angy and so fucking sad and lonely! Fuck!:X:( And my state is so f-ing backwards and slow, that I have to wait at least another 2 months, maybe as many as 3 or 4, just to get her autopsy results back, so I have no closure in this. Someone here on BL, tell me something I can do to not focus on this. It is so hard to stay clean when you're an addict and angry, sad and frustrated. 8(

Last edited:
if you allow your pc to auto-install updates the windows 10 icon will keep coming back.

if you want to get rid of it: go into installed updates and uninstall (KB3035583) afterwards it might still show on the update screen, if so, right click on it and select hide update.

^ no ethics at all.

My internet is connected to our Satellite TV and the costs are charged direct from our bank account.
We tried to cancel the services for the past weeks and it takes at least 1.5 hour on the phone to talk to a human being who most of the times disconnect the phone call when he hears we want out. They don't have an office that I can go to.

I want annoy you with the problems we are having. Bottom line is; We can't cancel, we're watching Netflix instead, unless we want to follow the news through our iPad. And they don't show up for tech visits as scheduled - service that I pay every month. We have written complaints on their site.

It seems we'll need a lawyer who can visit their virtual world where they don't do the services.

The worst; if the bank receives my order not to collect the monthly pay which automatically deducted my name is listed as non-payer!!

So I'll borrow NSA's last phrase to conclude this...

If you doing automatic payments through the bank, contact the bank and tell them that the company is stone walking you from closing the account. This is an illegal practice. The bank will attempt to contact them on your behalf, and will probably be able to get the account closed for you. If not, they will stop making the payments and file some legal stuff so you are off the hook. They will also report the business's practices and out the company on a watch list. If several other financial institutions do this, eventually they will get black listed.

if you allow your pc to auto-install updates the windows 10 icon will keep coming back.

if you want to get rid of it: go into installed updates and uninstall (KB3035583) afterwards it might still show on the update screen, if so, right click on it and select hide update.

After you do this you will have to in and turn auto update off, otherwise you will keep downloading it. You will also have to install update manually, which isn't difficult - you can select what, if any, you want to download and install.

So is mine! But when I try to do it, it tells me my computer isn't capable of running it. WTF?!? But it won't quit asking me to upgrade. $hit!
Well, my rant is UPS mind-fucked me good today. I am out of my meds (insurance issue) and had to resort to ordering them online to save money. UPS tracking said it would be here today (Saturday) which is 2 days early (originally supposed to come Monday). Well, I'm out of my psych meds for anxiety because of the insurance issue, so I'm like, YAY! So, I wait all day, and about 4 pm, I get a notification e-mail saying, 'oops, we don't do Saturday deliveries to your ZIP code, delivery rescheduled back to Monday' I feel like Christmas was supposed to be today, and I woke up to all the presents being gone from under the tree LOL. Bastards!

Oh, and a real, true angry rant: Screw you life! Why did my wife die in her sleep 6 weeks ago dammit? :? She was clean for years, all the times we partied and lived, and now that we're clean you take her. She was only 45! She wasn't even sick! (So far as I know!) That was my best friend, the closest person to me in my life, ever! 15 years of marriage and I thought many, many more. I am empty, angy and so fucking sad and lonely! Fuck!:X:( And my state is so f-ing backwards and slow, that I have to wait at least another 2 months, maybe as many as 3 or 4, just to get her autopsy results back, so I have no closure in this. Someone here on BL, tell me something I can do to not focus on this. It is so hard to stay clean when you're an addict and angry, sad and frustrated. 8(

I saw in thread of yours that you and your wife were taking care of a sick kitty, who after your wife passed, miraculously got better. Focus on that baby - it needs you and will love you unconditionally. I have a couple of rescued kitties who have helped pull me out of some really dark times. Sometimes, they have been the only thing keeping me from committing suicide, because they need me and I couldn't stand to have them go to a shelter and possibly get killed, which would probably happen as their special needs (one is an injecting diabetic and requires insulin twice a day), one has extreme ptsd, and another has a serious heart condition).

Other stuff you can try is to get out of the house. Go for a walk, go to a coffee shop, go to a meeting - anything that puts you outside of yourself. The disparity will diminish in time, but you hve to go through the grieving process. Acknowledge your feelings, good and bad. Try to live in the moment. I am so sorry you are going through this - you have my deepest sympathies.

^ Is it worth to install windows 10? I had the impression this was a bug that keeps showing in the screen.

^ Is it worth to install windows 10? I had the impression this was a bug that keeps showing in the screen.

Im not certain what operating system you're running right now, but if it's Windows 7 I personally wouldn't upgrade. I recently purchased a new laptop and Windows 10 is the platform, and I have to say I don't particularly care for it but have to use it as the laptop is touch screen and can serve as a tablet, and Windows 7 doesn't support those features. What OS are you running, and how much ram does your machine have?

I had always thought Windows 7 is not worth upgrading to Windows 10 atm.
Like I say when this questions to upgrade to Windows 10 pops out it looks like a bug.
This appears in my PC only. So I see no advantages either.
Thanks!