• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social The Universe hates me

Well last night was the 3rd in a row where it spiked and then went down on its own. The left ear still had some static but that's pretty normal. Better than the high pitched whine. In general my tinnitus is somewhat improving? I have to take Sudafed every morning and afternoon though, and Idk if that's going to lead to some rebound shit. Every time I wake up from lying down, even if it was just an hourish nap, both my ears spike HARD. Ringing, hissing, extremely. It went down on its own sooner today, but I'd added an extra Sudafed in the afternoon. I didn't like taking 2 every 4 hours, morning and noon because it would keep me wired all day, but it doesn't anymore.

So I suppose there is an extent to which this might be getting better on its own. It's just two extremes: insanely loud, or very quiet. It's very quiet right now, but likely will appear in my right ear in the posture I sit back in bed while listening to music and reading and shit.

Therefore I can't conclude that THC caused this major spike. I'm just happy it doesn't get out of control while I'm high anymore. 1/10th as bad as when I'd wake up or something. We'll see what happens tonight. I think to some extent Gabapentin might be reducing it? But I'm prescribed 600mg a day and have been taking 900mg. In general it never seemed to reduce it so I don't think it's related. Maybe slightly.

Just a bump for anyone interested in my progress. I'm not sure if this is breaking the rules, posting multiple times, if it is someone can let me know. I know it was an issue on some other forums I was on over the years.

Anyway, I woke up and my right ear was COMPLETELY silent! This is new. My left ear was hissing bad though, but still. The right ear has been overall quieter today than any other day in well over a month. I hadn't even needed Sudafed, but I did take it for my left ear.

THC continues to spike it, but it tends to go down in the right ear but not the left, strange. I'll be going to Nebraska next week and will likely have some nights that I don't have any, so I'll have to see what happens from there. I'm naturally averse to admitting my best medicine could have caused this, but it's definitely clear that it most likely caused the left ear to begin ringing more. My GP said if my left rings more suddenly it's a side effect of my eardrum hole closing. It did close, but I don't know if that's true or not.

Pay attention,if u left ear ring.Be careful.....or just go to docs&don't listen to me,'cause we are different.Wish u recovery

Yeah... my left ear has randomly, in the last hour, spiked beyond all belief, and I'm extremely suicidal right now as a result. This shit is toying with me constantly. Up, down, up, down, way up, way down. My right ear is howling too. I got up from a nap earlier and it was completely silent, this changed within 3 minutes.

I'm supposed to get an acupuncture on Wednesday, but with all this talk of it being pseudoscience, and many people not finding any relief from it, now I'm skeptical. I have to pay $110 for something that might not even help and I'm poor as shit as is. Fuck my life. I finally get off useless anti-depressants and get back to using THC, the literal only thing that has kept me alive, as I've had suicidal tendencies for over 6 years now. I would not be alive without it. I'm so fucking lost at this point. I see my 2nd opinion ENT tomorrow and I'm trying not to have any hope, because if I do, it's gonna crush me when he doesn't have an answer. I may truly kill myself if this continues to get worse. Sucks, but that's the way it is...

Hey u made huge victory.Stoping AD drug is very difficult.At least for me.I have got two attempts with minimal quantity Zoloft-unsucessful.Had no idea this poison is so useless,addictive&brings only negative effect-for me.For someone else could be salvation.About suicide ideas....what can i say.They are constant part of my life last few years,but knowing that someday I am gonna die&find peace brings me reliefe.That with ringin' left ear....for me(my wife also),that is a sign,that danger commin'.And fuck....practise shows that this is true.I don't know is this a rule or is valid only for me&wife.....I think,that is old national unscientific folklor believe......but in our case,that is valid.It's super,that u don't hook on opies,speed,alc or benzos/gabas.Stick to your THC,but be reasonable with quantities and take breaks.This shit around u would pass.....just be careful.After suffer will come ease&joy.Always happen like this.That is life.Be human now,suffer....and one day we'll have a rest in oblivion.Hold on&may God helps you.🙏❤️☮️

Yep... ENT 2nd opinion found nothing wrong, even said tinnitus can't be caused by sinus issues, which is bullshit. He was one of the rudest doctors I've ever met. I didn't think one could be worse than my surgeon who I see tomorrow, but wow, was he rude and dismissive and clearly uneducated. My tinnitus would never have gone away after surgery if it wasn't for the connection. There's so much documentation of sinus induced tinnitus all over the internet and medical literature it's not even funny. I follow-up with my surgeon tomorrow and expect no different result.

He suggests it's stress related. No. I'm not stressed at all when I'm high and it becomes worse. Last night I had such a bad depressive episode that I figured the benefit would outweigh the risk. It did, my depression literally immediately melted off my body. Completely. NOTHING works that well. So I've already set out a plan for suicide if stopping THC for a while does not improve this, or if I can never use it again without getting tinnitus. First I would do a massive dose of DMT, and if that doesn't change my mind, then yeah... I know how it's going to go. I wouldn't encourage anyone try to intervene or send those useless hotline numbers.

So now I'm forced to not use any THC for awhile and hope this goes away, but I'm going to be a depressive nervous wreck without it unless I go back on benzos... and those don't work anywhere near as well. They calm down anxiety, they don't affect depression. I do think it's likely I overconsumed and that's what got me here. I can't see why else my left ear become so fucked after I overdid it the night before my hearing exam, purposely trying to have them ringing badly to get accurate results. Since the universe hates me even more, the ringing stopped ONLY during the hearing test and immediately came back afterward.

My right ear has generally improved and sometimes gets a lot quieter, but the left is always bad. Maybe after a shower it's better for a brief period, otherwise before that night of the hearing test, I only would get some static, not actual ringing. Sometimes there would be a faint high pitch whine that was very subtle, but this came and went.

I suppose maybe I did take for granted finally being able to get high again without it worsening tinnitus or causing sinus headaches after I'd largely recovered. I don't deny that I was overconsuming it, but I love it, so much. Especially the dab pens which are so tasty and give me some of the best, full body orgasmic level of highs I've ever had. Flower and edibles could never do that for me this much, and I get burnt out from flower very bad. I was often rotating 3-4 carts a night and hitting them until they blinked.

I didn't want to accept it but I do think overuse of THC has caused this. Do I think it initially caused it last year, no, I know it didn't, because even when I stopped for 5 months earlier this year, I still would get tinnitus even if it was less, and that was over my sinus issues. And I'd been smoking daily for years by that point without ever getting ringing in my ears.

I will try and cut back when I visit relatives in Nebraska, but it won't be easy. My father is coming along and he abused the living shit out of me growing up, and being on the spectrum, it was a lot more hurtful to me than say my older brother who isn't, but he was terrible to me too. Often suffocating me with pillows and sitting on them, me waking up to him slamming his entire body on me, throwing me in the dryer and blocking it off so I couldn't get out. I think the abuse from my father just lead to him abusing me even more. He needed someone to take it out on and why not his little brother.

So it will be difficult not getting a little bit high sometimes just due to the very fact that my father will be there. I've hoped he would die since I was 7 years old, and despite taking shit care of his body and having all sorts of medical conditions, he hasn't yet. He's got a problem with the aorta, the same thing that killed a 35 year old cousin of mine last year which still devastates me to this day.

They don't even check for that until you're in your 50s, and we were so close. He was more of a big brother to me than both of my big brothers. But I'm just gonna end the sob story... it isn't going to get me anywhere. I'm in a horrible situation and there's really nothing I can do other than cut back on THC or stop it completely even though it's the only thing that stops my suicidal tendencies and genuinely improves my quality of life astronomically. The 5 months without THC were some of the most difficult I'd had up to that point. Well, now it's even more difficult.

Apparently a few acupunctures can reduce or cure tinnitus but it's not backed by science and my insurance doesn't cover it. I have one booked tomorrow at 11:30am, but I might skip it, because I wouldn't be around for more in the coming weeks, and there probably is at least on that takes my insurance. I just chose this one because it had 47 five star reviews.

Yeah I didn't attend this acupuncture. They would want me back in subsequent weeks and I'll be away. It's pseudoscience anyway. Maybe I'll give it ago after my trip if things continue to get worse. Today has been a slight improvement I guess, my left ear wasn't hissing really bad this morning. I took a supplement called gingko biloba yesterday afternoon but I doubt it's from that. This apparently helps tinnitus, but I only took 1 in the afternoon and my ringing was bad all day. Maybe gradually vaping less is beginning to help, I have no idea, there is no consistency. However if I shower for 10-15 minutes, the whine in my left ear will go away, and this lasts for hours. It's replaced with mild static, the way it was before. I only occasionally had a whine coming from the left ear.

I know when I follow-up with my surgeon in 3 hours, nothing will come out of it. They won't do a CT unless they find something wrong. I'm going to demand one anyway because I know something is. Maybe my middle ear.

I just know my voice sounds congested all the time still and that's very upsetting to me, because I'm a very good singer and this causes issues, either sounding stuffy while singing, or my upper range being affected in a way that makes me sound raspy. I'm a 3 octave, but my upper range is insane given how crazy deep my voice is. I can hit Michael Jackson's highest notes.

Probably going to ask for a Medrol taper pack too, just out of desperation. I hate Medrol/Prednisone, it makes me feel irritable and I have trouble sleeping, but I know things are still wrong whether the ENTs say so or not. I want my normal voice back, and I want the tinnitus to go away again.

question:
any meth used?
on another note: we are bobarded with all kinds of static (noises from industries, waves from elecrromagnetics, tvs, music, accumulation of autos etc etc). if there is no clinical reason for this malady mybe there are practical ones.
reason why i ask about stims being involed are the in depth postings of this and could possibly be a legitamate reason of tinnitus as we hear shit that isnt there (or maybe it is and we are more sensitive to these sounds).
i have had this malady for decades and opioiods seemed to escalate the issue.
mine originated from depth charges decades ago and have had reprieve recently from low dose of a benzo that is not prescribed in US or any other country afaik.

No meth. I did take X for my first time in early August (tested, clean), and the ringing started coming back, but I attribute this more to profound consumption of THC, especially that night, I was just hitting my 85% pens like crazy and the euphoria was unbelievable. The ringing was only in my right ear though, and wasn't that bad. I went to Cape Cod days later and that's when I was really going through the pens fast. I had 4 or 5 half gram carts and I finished almost all of them in a 3-4 day span.

The fact that my ears got super fucked the night before my test kind of proves this, and I need to cut it back I guess. It's just strange, I didn't think a big buildup of THC could cause tinnitus this severe, but my sinuses look perfect according to both ENTs, even though I still sound congested which is very frustrating. I love to sing and it really messes up my voice, ever since middle May of last year, the tinnitus began then along with the congested voice.

So I haven't used THC in days and nothing has really changed, so this may not really be related. I've noticed some quieter moments. I wake up with it bad, it progressively improves throughout the day. I think at home, since I tended to nap after work, it'd get bad again. It's entirely posture related and may be related to my neck. I didn't sleep with my temperpedic last night for just one night and had the most godawful headache in 2 months. I'm sure THC contributed some but I'm sincerely doubting it alone caused this. Maybe, maybe not. Wonder if those drinks that flush it from your system would help, I may try that sometime.

On another note, my GP wants me to try some antiviral meant for genital herpes... for tinnitus. Make it make sense.

Blood flow changes can be closely related to tinnitus. The fact that you get it more quickly after sleep is an indicator that blood pressure or blood flow changes are your issues. It's possible THC is making your condition worse.

An easy way to get your blood pressure more consistent is exercise. Do you get any exercise?

My blood pressure is generally pretty much ideal. 110/70, 115/75. I'm 28, tall, thin and walk for miles a day. Maybe it is possible given I'm on the lower end that it could lower it more, but then that should only be temporary, and having had some blood pressure tests done throughout this (at least while not high, haven't checked while), they were still in that range.

The tinnitus has actually improved some. It's still there while high but I have quiet moments every day at some points. Though I'm out in Nebraska away from my moldy dusty house that probably worsens it more. If I don't use Flonase its way worse the next day. i'm switching back to the other one I think. Maybe Flonase even worsens it, idk. It's very possibly my immense consumption of strong oils all summer just lead to this, and that too much THC can cause this. Flower didn't do it as bad, I just don't really wanna smoke at all anymore, been too lazy to get one of those nice portable weed vapes.

Overall It's a matter of consuming less I think, and it will only be gradual unless I cut it back more. Just love the feeling so much. It does of course worsen the more I ingest, which is a sign of something.

Well I definitely jynxed myself. I mean my tinnitus has been mostly better while out here but today it's awful. What I thought was the sound of grasshoppers when I'd chill in my uncles basement at night in silence is actually my left ear. Every 5 seconds it goes beep beep, almost sounds like a bird. Today I noticed it during the day upstairs, so my left ear is really only getting worse, despite me overall using less than I had been at home and having had some days off. It's very weird.

I've consumed the same amount each night while here and basically every day has been much better in both ears. One morning I even woke up with ringing in neither ear. God dammit this sucks. THC is the only reason I'm even alive after being suicidal for the last 6 years. I simply cannot give it up again or my quality of life and mental health will be in serious trouble. I was on Valium for months to manage my anxiety but it does not come anywhere near THC, which has strong anti-depressant qualities. Ever since I started using it again I've gained nearly 30 pounds. I'm 6"1 140, I was 115 earlier this year after having to give it up. Lost all motivation for my creative capacities for writing, playing guitar, listening to music. And this wasn't just some "withdrawal" effect either. Before I even smoked I wasn't that creative, it unlocked great potential in me.

Back to thinking about dying then, I suppose... I can't accept that the only medicine that's ever worked for me is doing this to me. A decade without this issue, years of smoking without this issue. Dabs, dabs covered in kief, all you can think of and no problems.

I'm thinking the blood pressure thing is probably not that likely. I was kept overnight after an audiology appointment 2 and a half weeks ago because I took the guy the tinnitus could get so bad it made me want to die. This was true, but it was more the fact that THC makes it worse. I mean, my life is SO much better with it. I always maintained that as long as I could get high at the end of the day, nothing could drag me down to the point of wanting to die. This is exactly why I'm alive typing this right now. I would've been dead by 22. I'd been getting high years before that but it was only around 22 that I started to become suicidal and develop mental illness in general. There were some signs of it earlier in life but just signs.

The most I can do now is just be very careful for how long I hit the pen. It's usually 4 seconds and two rips usually of two different strains, white fire OG at 88% and northern lights at 79%. Guess I should just only use the northern lights for now and see about two 3 second rips.

Last edited:
Ok the beep beep beep that I thought was tinnitus was my uncle's printer in the basement... I knew something was up. I swore I heard it upstairs earlier but I was either phantom hearing or placebo'ing that. So it's good to know the left ear isn't worsening like that, I guess. It's some really weird HP printer, and it just happens to produce a similar sound as my left ears tinnitus. I still think it's more than just quitting. Pushing in my ear shouldn't make it stop momentarily, and yawning or burping or anything that like, stimulates your skull shouldn't be able to make it go from quiet to ringing either. My right ear is a rollercoaster.

your uncles printer is a funny part thrown into this story, if only the rest were someone else's goofy hardware!

Yeah I'm really confused at this point. I was really depressed about last night and it being the final night in Nebraska. I wanted to talk with my uncle about some of my mental health issues and was kicking myself I didn't manage to. I did this afternoon before leaving though and I'm very proud of myself for it, it's so difficult to talk about things like that. C-PTSD really kicks my ass... but I got through, and we had the best chat we've really ever had, furthering an essential connection, I think. I feel the same way about when I went to a bachelor party with my oldest brother.

We had a basically non-existent relationship, this was early August. He was born in 1982 and me 1993 so there was always a large gap and in some ways he was considered the "failure" of the family because of alcohol and drug use. I'm the youngest, the opposite in a way, but I hold 2nd place in that regard for sure. After we'd done some molly, I was communicating with him and we were really understanding each other. I understood why my perception of him was warped and I talked about a lot of drug and alcohol use and other debauchery myself. I'm sure really much of it for me was worse, in a way. Not the drug use but doing dumb things in my teens like breaking peoples windows, egging houses and all that. Teenagers aren't so bright... but a tough upbringing won't help and ultimately, troubles attract. You're likely to end up befriending other troublemakers that you know had it rough growing up too. I considered myself a generally good kid compared to them, compared to most really, but that didn't change the fact that I'd done things like this. Though when I'm out here and hear stories of other family members like my mothers siblings (3 of which are no longer alive sadly, she lost 2 before she was 40), it made me realize, ok, yeah, that's where I get this from lol.

This year has sucked, but I suppose these are two high points. Though I felt it was more important with my uncle because he's always taken an interest in me, one of the few adults in my life who ever really wanted to have a nice talk and he'd often bring me to libraries to pick out books, and he'd buy me journals and sketchbooks sometimes. Telling how about my mental health and how it's affected me, hang ups with my dad which he was unaware of, was very important. Including the suicidal thoughts, that was the most difficult. I really froze up, I think anyone would have trouble with this.

Now, strangely, even though I vaped waaay more than any other nights since before my hearing test, my ears were quiet basically the entire day. There was a bit around noon but it didn't last much. This completely baffles me. The tinnitus obviously couldn't have been caused by the THC directly then, it's just completely random. Maybe cooler weather is related, Idk. It did get bad with ragweed season but a lot of it died during a frost. Just a guess, I don't have any other theories. I'm likely going to skip any hits tomorrow just to see how the next day would be.

Just strange how I vaped so damn much, more than any time I was out here, and in spite of a few days of break, my ears were fine today. Hell I'm high right now and it's not really spiking, it was worse a few hours ago after I did a sinus flush, perhaps the blowing of the nose triggered something. Maybe I should cut it back, or something. I didn't do one last night, there's always a chance some fluid is in my ear that wasn't detectable. I've got to be patient either way I still think it's physical but my ENT refuses to give me a CT scan because he's a jackass. It's the only way I can get one without paying $2,000 because my insurance only allows one per year at my local hospital, or something. I had one on my birthday there last year on December 17th.

Last edited:
Really you are getting along well without intervention. That's great.

100%, it's still kind of scary to not really know why the shit's happening and when/if it might spike again.

Side-note, though! My own head's a little fucked up these past two days (feels like a personality shift, like right before a weird bi-polar kind of situation) so I've been drinking and vaping a lil to keep myself as level as possible, yeah? Might not be the best course of action but fuck you, it's my life.

Anyways, as I was scrolling through CD the thread title reminded me of a line from an old Eminem song called "My Fault."

It's a fuckin' classic y'all, check it out:

his stuff is pretty good
pace yourself.
push ups helped me lots today followed by 1plsd and vodka hahaha