• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social The Universe hates me

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
So in the past month I've developed chronic tinnitus, at first it was just in my right ear as it primarily has been since May of last year, but I get it in both now.
This was cured just about 100% after sinus surgery in late May. Getting high always made my tinnitus slightly worse. It's not a matter of noticing, I could straight up tell. But it was only a tiny bit worse. I shyed away from THC for about 6 months while my sinuses were messed up because I was convinced smoking caused the problems.

Actually, it's much more likely to be alcohol use in the past which was very heavy. I got hit by a car in late 2016, while drunk (though this really had nothing to do with being drunk, I wasn't that drunk. It's a long story for another time). The hospital that did my surgery had scans from that point which showed already needed surgery. Yet, these scans were not given to the ENT despite development of a deviated septum on top of it.

I would always wake up with chronic sinus headaches, congestion and mucus after a night of drinking. Cigarettes couldn't have helped either, and obviously weed smoke isn't great either. Even vape/edibles would worsen some of my pain though it may have been placebo since I expected it. I just know in December when all the pain came on, smoking would make it significantly worse.

So even when I'd still have ear ringing some nights in June/July (very mild), it would not get worse after vaping (haven't been smoking and don't plan to ever aside from rare occasions). Actually it would get better if I did have any. I get a hearing test next week, surgical follow-up on the 21st, 2nd opinion appointment on the 20th because my surgeon is kind of ignorant and an asshat.

So now when I get high, at least at some point after the first week of August, the ringing gets much, much worse, and may even be making the condition a lot worse. I can't really tell. All I can really do is shy away from it for a day or two. But it's a horrible catch-22. THC could be making this worse but it's keeping me alive, in a way, because I've been very suicidal over this. It's extraordinary bad hissing, electrical whine, and really loud right ear whine like a vacuum is running over it.

Already struggling with C-PTSD, OCD, anxiety and depression (depression likely just a side effect of the conditions I already have). THC has a way of helping me cope with difficulties through life better than absolutely anything that's ever been prescribed to me. So even when the ringing is worse, I'm too high to care at all. This is because it's the best medicine for me.

It just really sucks. I ended up hooked on Valium just because THC would give me sinus headaches before my surgery, at least for a time. I think I tried some hits in February and nothing got worse, but I wasn't willing to experiment much, I was too paranoid. It was by May that I gave it a try again, still with mild tinnitus but it was never made worse even then. But how fucking stupid to end up on a benzo because your nature medicine makes some part of your condition worse.

Last night it seemed to get slightly quieter, but still lots of electrical whine. I hit my pen once for 5 seconds and it seemed to remain the same, but often it comes on awhile after I get high. It's hard to say. I did edibles the other night and it may have been a bit less but I'm not positive. I can't tell if lowering my tolerance and not having to rip it as much would make it better or not. If I'm baked, I'm baked and it would probably get worse.

It seems as if this isn't temporary or just while high, either. If it's bad and I go to bed, it will be bad when I wake up, at least in the right ear initially. So all I can do is like, not have any tonight which will be somewhat difficult obviously because it's been an essential thing keeping me sane, I primarily consume at night which is my favorite time to get high, and let the stressors of my day just melt away.

Just really sucks :/ I don't want to have pills thrown at me. I just want my THC. My favorite and most valuable substance of everything I've ever tried, and I've tried a lot of drugs. My quality of life when I wasn't consuming it was at an all time low, it really was. Valium was nice and calmed me down but it's so boring otherwise. You feel nice, a bit numb, tired, but you don't get to have this introspective, insightful look into yourself and stressful events that have happened in the past or that day.

I've been suicidal for 6 years, really, it's just this whole year has been a nightmare and the past month especially, having my tinnitus come back when it was gone. I always had at least mild tinnitus but I would've never thought it related to my sinuses or anything. So it was a first to hear TOTAL silence. I always had ringing in a quiet room and thought everyone else did too, but no. It had been at least a decade or more since I'd heard silence.

I've always maintained that as long as THC is in my life, I will stay alive, and I know that's true. It really helps with my mental illness so much. So fucking much. And it kills me to think that it could have either caused the fluid build-up in my ears or if it's just making it worse temporarily. I mean I've smoked for 11.5 years and never had an issue like fluid in the ears or anything. That's what my GP thought it was anyway since when he pushed air into my ear, the eardrum didn't really move.

I did go swimming quite a bit in July but I've never had fluid get stuck in my ears. Maybe getting it up my nose got into my eustachian tubes somehow, Idk. I was always blocked up there. Just desperate to find some other reason the tinnitus has come back. I mean I was vaping heavy June/July and it never brought out any tinnitus whatsoever.

So yeah, the Universe hates me... how this supposed fluid build-up occurred I'll never know. I really doubt it's THC, that dries you out, and again in 11.5 years of smoking, vaping, edibles etc, I've never had something like this happen. It's true that THC can make existing tinnitus worse, but given I still had it slightly in my right ear at times and it never made it worse (and actually made it better, usually), I don't understand how this came to be. I've literally never even heard of someone developing fluid in their ears from THC. My only thoughts are blowing my nose too hard after using neilmed sinus rinses and the swimming. I was never warned or anything about covering my ears and nose, I usually did for at least my ears. I did notice the left ear started to ring the night of August 12th, a day where I'd gone swimming. That ear hadn't produced any noise since March.

I just have to wait and see my ENTs and that will feel like an eternity. My GP just said to take claratin and sudafed morning, benedryl night, Mucinex twice a day. The sudafed is supposed to be the thing that really helps but it's extremely hit or miss. Some days I'd notice it help, other days it would do nothing. Sunday I took a delayed release one and it clearly helped. The next day, it did not. Sudafed in general is tricky for me. The 12 hour version does last about 12 hours, maybe a bit closer to 14. But for some really fucking weird reason, the instant release 4-6 hour red tablets can also last me 12 hours. I had an issue with this the other day. I took 2 in the morning, 1 in the afternoon, and I was wired until 2am. My body seems to metabolize amphetamine slowly. I recall instant release Adderall was the same thing, it lasted 12 hours when it was supposed to be 4-6.

I had to drop the Mucinex because it murdered my stomach and caused serious constipation, an issue I dealt with chronically for months earlier this year until I discovered black seed oil and completely cured it. The awful pains in my gut were so bad, meanwhile I was getting awful head/face aches at the same time, and acid reflux that would make it feel like my throat was closing up, after several unsuccessful tries with antibiotics fucking my whole G.I up. I shudder thinking about earlier this year.

Just really sucks... it makes it worse 100% of the time now. Much, much worse, and then I wake up and it's still very bad. I'd always have it come back in the right ear after lying down before but as soon as I'd get up and move around it'd go away. The left ear never produced as much noise as it does now, even when I was smoking heavy amounts of flower topped with kief, I'd only get like, the tiniest static in my left ear and the right ear would only get about 10% worse than it already was.

Of course randomly out of nowhere the right ear is quieter. From a 10 to a 3, but it often fluctuates randomly. My left ear is still producing awful static which could be from the hole in the eardrum but likely isn't, I've probably had this for awhile. I don't have a hole in the right drum and that one rings 90% worse, and it hisses more than the left as well.

Last edited:
Good you got off Mucinex stuff sounds like destructive trash who knows what might help you I wanna say MXE but that's a hard choice I'm not qualified to even mention

Holy hell that sounds traumatic!

I've always struggled with tinnitus but nothing like you described. It never lasts for more than an hour for me, and while I've always hated that hour your post has me feeling a bit lucky.

I have noticed that I'll have more frequent "episodes" after I've been drinking heavily every day for about a week, and they also tend to creep up on me after I've taken about 4 hits from my vaporizer whilst drunk. Occasionally it happens sober, and it always happens in a single ear at a time.

I don't have any advice (sorry!) but I'm curious and have questions. You've done a fantastic job describing what you hear when your tinnitus acts up, but I'm curious-- how does it feel???

I only ask because when my tinnitus acts up it's literally the strangest sensation I've felt in my entire life. It's like.... like all the noise going into my ear is a string, right? Voices, animals, background noise-- it's all a string feeding into my ear canal. When the tinnitus hits, it feels like somebody is slowly pulling that string out, and when it finally breaks free an extremely high-pitched, sustained ring/whine steps up and takes it's place.

I don't know if I did a good job explaining that but it's fucking nuts. It literally feels like a string/rope is being pulled out of my ear. It's fucking willd, dude, and every time I tell someone about it I end up thinking I should go have a doctor check it out.

It feels psychologically extremely frustrating, mostly. Sometimes it's as if I can feel a thin string coming out of my nose, or a thin metal rod, but I have synesthesia which may be responsible. It is almost as if I can physically feel the HISSING though. That is the most disturbing part. I just went over to a friends a few hours ago and hit a joint then a vape pen and it's been godawful ever since. It was pretty quiet before that, then I was like, goddamn it. But then I started to hear it ring again so I was just like... fuck it lol. It mostly wasn't worth going over, I thought it was just gonna be him and I and another friend but there were quiet a few people. I intended to just smoke DMT. It was just too noisy and there were drunk arguments about relationships etc. so I knew it wasn't a good idea.

Tomorrow I'm not going to have any THC just to see if the morning after has ringing. This is what I need to rule out, and I have a good chance last night when things got really quiet. I don't imagine I'd wake up with silence but I can't know until I try. Why THC would cause fluid in my ears to shift around in such a way I have no idea. But again my only theory is that pressure behind the eye changing is related, as there is a connection to the eustachian tubes. I used to have a response in my right ear like something was jangling around when I'd hear stuff, it sounds like that's similar to yours.

Good you got off Mucinex stuff sounds like destructive trash who knows what might help you I wanna say MXE but that's a hard choice I'm not qualified to even mention
It was supposed to help dry out any more fluid from producing. I know it helped my mucus stop tasting like rotten milk, which could indicate an infection of some kind. It's started tasting that way again the last few days but especially today. Most people get along fine with it, I never have. Every time I'd take it with a head cold, it thinned my mucus so much that it became a chest cold. I may have been taking too much for all I know, my GP wasn't specific and I was desperate. It constipated the living fuck out of me in combo with the antihistamines. Thankfully that went away

My usual tinnitus starts to chirp a bit like crickets but more mechanical, like an old fashioned ticking clock, when I am stoned, and when I am in sitting meditation and the absorption is strong.
I guess if emotional it can also begin to tick or surge ~ 6 times per second.
this time of year, allergies peak causing congestion, and I am resorting to reactine (half doses per day - every day for that)
I washed out the tubing of my cannabis rig with alcohol, recently as I was getting a congested headache when smoking/vaping through the tube, this has worked for me in the past when I can associate a headache with cannabis use.
Maybe there is something noxious that forms or an allergen which is easily washing out of the tube with alcohol after collecting for a month or 2.
I cannot speak to any of the issues diagnosed.

As to tinitus...this was some noise in ur ears...right?Well,if that is i had same issue-heard very high frequency sounds very often....but other people heard this too.....sooo it is some real....sound like a pressure cookin pot...what is it&from where it cames idk....

So in the past month I've developed chronic tinnitus, at first it was just in my right ear as it primarily has been since May of last year, but I get it in both now.
This was cured just about 100% after sinus surgery in late May. Getting high always made my tinnitus slightly worse. It's not a matter of noticing, I could straight up tell. But it was only a tiny bit worse. I shyed away from THC for about 6 months while my sinuses were messed up because I was convinced smoking caused the problems.

Actually, it's much more likely to be alcohol use in the past which was very heavy. I got hit by a car in late 2016, while drunk (though this really had nothing to do with being drunk, I wasn't that drunk. It's a long story for another time). The hospital that did my surgery had scans from that point which showed already needed surgery. Yet, these scans were not given to the ENT despite development of a deviated septum on top of it.

I would always wake up with chronic sinus headaches, congestion and mucus after a night of drinking. Cigarettes couldn't have helped either, and obviously weed smoke isn't great either. Even vape/edibles would worsen some of my pain though it may have been placebo since I expected it. I just know in December when all the pain came on, smoking would make it significantly worse.

So even when I'd still have ear ringing some nights in June/July (very mild), it would not get worse after vaping (haven't been smoking and don't plan to ever aside from rare occasions). Actually it would get better if I did have any. I get a hearing test next week, surgical follow-up on the 21st, 2nd opinion appointment on the 20th because my surgeon is kind of ignorant and an asshat.

So now when I get high, at least at some point after the first week of August, the ringing gets much, much worse, and may even be making the condition a lot worse. I can't really tell. All I can really do is shy away from it for a day or two. But it's a horrible catch-22. THC could be making this worse but it's keeping me alive, in a way, because I've been very suicidal over this. It's extraordinary bad hissing, electrical whine, and really loud right ear whine like a vacuum is running over it.

Already struggling with C-PTSD, OCD, anxiety and depression (depression likely just a side effect of the conditions I already have). THC has a way of helping me cope with difficulties through life better than absolutely anything that's ever been prescribed to me. So even when the ringing is worse, I'm too high to care at all. This is because it's the best medicine for me.

It just really sucks. I ended up hooked on Valium just because THC would give me sinus headaches before my surgery, at least for a time. I think I tried some hits in February and nothing got worse, but I wasn't willing to experiment much, I was too paranoid. It was by May that I gave it a try again, still with mild tinnitus but it was never made worse even then. But how fucking stupid to end up on a benzo because your nature medicine makes some part of your condition worse.

Last night it seemed to get slightly quieter, but still lots of electrical whine. I hit my pen once for 5 seconds and it seemed to remain the same, but often it comes on awhile after I get high. It's hard to say. I did edibles the other night and it may have been a bit less but I'm not positive. I can't tell if lowering my tolerance and not having to rip it as much would make it better or not. If I'm baked, I'm baked and it would probably get worse.

It seems as if this isn't temporary or just while high, either. If it's bad and I go to bed, it will be bad when I wake up, at least in the right ear initially. So all I can do is like, not have any tonight which will be somewhat difficult obviously because it's been an essential thing keeping me sane, I primarily consume at night which is my favorite time to get high, and let the stressors of my day just melt away.

Just really sucks :/ I don't want to have pills thrown at me. I just want my THC. My favorite and most valuable substance of everything I've ever tried, and I've tried a lot of drugs. My quality of life when I wasn't consuming it was at an all time low, it really was. Valium was nice and calmed me down but it's so boring otherwise. You feel nice, a bit numb, tired, but you don't get to have this introspective, insightful look into yourself and stressful events that have happened in the past or that day.

I've been suicidal for 6 years, really, it's just this whole year has been a nightmare and the past month especially, having my tinnitus come back when it was gone. I always had at least mild tinnitus but I would've never thought it related to my sinuses or anything. So it was a first to hear TOTAL silence. I always had ringing in a quiet room and thought everyone else did too, but no. It had been at least a decade or more since I'd heard silence.

I've always maintained that as long as THC is in my life, I will stay alive, and I know that's true. It really helps with my mental illness so much. So fucking much. And it kills me to think that it could have either caused the fluid build-up in my ears or if it's just making it worse temporarily. I mean I've smoked for 11.5 years and never had an issue like fluid in the ears or anything. That's what my GP thought it was anyway since when he pushed air into my ear, the eardrum didn't really move.

I did go swimming quite a bit in July but I've never had fluid get stuck in my ears. Maybe getting it up my nose got into my eustachian tubes somehow, Idk. I was always blocked up there. Just desperate to find some other reason the tinnitus has come back. I mean I was vaping heavy June/July and it never brought out any tinnitus whatsoever.

So yeah, the Universe hates me... how this supposed fluid build-up occurred I'll never know. I really doubt it's THC, that dries you out, and again in 11.5 years of smoking, vaping, edibles etc, I've never had something like this happen. It's true that THC can make existing tinnitus worse, but given I still had it slightly in my right ear at times and it never made it worse (and actually made it better, usually), I don't understand how this came to be. I've literally never even heard of someone developing fluid in their ears from THC. My only thoughts are blowing my nose too hard after using neilmed sinus rinses and the swimming. I was never warned or anything about covering my ears and nose, I usually did for at least my ears. I did notice the left ear started to ring the night of August 12th, a day where I'd gone swimming. That ear hadn't produced any noise since March.

I just have to wait and see my ENTs and that will feel like an eternity. My GP just said to take claratin and sudafed morning, benedryl night, Mucinex twice a day. The sudafed is supposed to be the thing that really helps but it's extremely hit or miss. Some days I'd notice it help, other days it would do nothing. Sunday I took a delayed release one and it clearly helped. The next day, it did not. Sudafed in general is tricky for me. The 12 hour version does last about 12 hours, maybe a bit closer to 14. But for some really fucking weird reason, the instant release 4-6 hour red tablets can also last me 12 hours. I had an issue with this the other day. I took 2 in the morning, 1 in the afternoon, and I was wired until 2am. My body seems to metabolize amphetamine slowly. I recall instant release Adderall was the same thing, it lasted 12 hours when it was supposed to be 4-6.

I had to drop the Mucinex because it murdered my stomach and caused serious constipation, an issue I dealt with chronically for months earlier this year until I discovered black seed oil and completely cured it. The awful pains in my gut were so bad, meanwhile I was getting awful head/face aches at the same time, and acid reflux that would make it feel like my throat was closing up, after several unsuccessful tries with antibiotics fucking my whole G.I up. I shudder thinking about earlier this year.

Just really sucks... it makes it worse 100% of the time now. Much, much worse, and then I wake up and it's still very bad. I'd always have it come back in the right ear after lying down before but as soon as I'd get up and move around it'd go away. The left ear never produced as much noise as it does now, even when I was smoking heavy amounts of flower topped with kief, I'd only get like, the tiniest static in my left ear and the right ear would only get about 10% worse than it already was.

Of course randomly out of nowhere the right ear is quieter. From a 10 to a 3, but it often fluctuates randomly. My left ear is still producing awful static which could be from the hole in the eardrum but likely isn't, I've probably had this for awhile. I don't have a hole in the right drum and that one rings 90% worse, and it hisses more than the left as well.
The bad Tinnitus I endured. I could hardly hear!

Was cured by my first dose of Pregabalin. 75 mg and it was gone, worth a try. imo.

The bad Tinnitus I endured. I could hardly hear!

Was cured by my first dose of Pregabalin. 75 mg and it was gone, worth a try. imo.

Did you take pregabalin specifically for tinnitus or was it more of a side effect discovered after taking it for another reason?

That's awesome that it works, though. I have to look into it because, while I don't have issues very frequently, when it does pop up it's literally cringe-worthy. There's typically a grimace or two involved when it first hits, as well.

Pregabalin is very ototoxic so it can cause hearing problems longterm, but this and Neurontin have both helped for acoustic tinnitus, a.k.a hearing loss from overexposure to loud sounds. Apparently if you take either one of these within a week of an awful noise it can reverse some hearing loss, which is strange.

I already take Neurontin and have tried high doses of it with no success. High enough to match that much Preg.
Tried edibles tonight and the spike is so bad :( all of today was bad, I've had quieter periods lately, so pretty much only while high it would be very bad. They haven't even half kicked in yet and it's severe. The only real anxiety medicine that works for me, fuck me. I'm sure there is fluid in my ears but I have to wait 10-11 days for my 2nd opinion and then surgeon follow-up. I see an audiologist on Tuesday morning and then I might see someone after that. I just want an answer.

I know THC couldn't have caused this. If it was that common then every stoner would be complaining of it or going deaf. I think the fluid theory is possible or it could be an effect of my ears drying out, I have no clue. Just the shittiest situation to be in. I had 2 quieter nights in a row, last night was one of them, but I smoked on bit on each night just to see how bad it'd get, and it went from a 2 to a 12/10. That's where I am right now. Even when I had 2 before at times it never made it worse, this is a recent phenomenon.
Stomachache tho... double whammy :X gummies don't seem to be something that you'd digest well, ate 7 so 35mg

Last edited:
Did you take pregabalin specifically for tinnitus or was it more of a side effect discovered after taking it for another reason?

That's awesome that it works, though. I have to look into it because, while I don't have issues very frequently, when it does pop up it's literally cringe-worthy. There's typically a grimace or two involved when it first hits, as well.
It was an unexpected side effect. One dose and I could hear normal again.

Tinnitus is underestimated so I feel for you. Might work for you to. Just one dose, no clue if that script helped in the long run. But it never came back.

Lyrica and Gabapentin are more or less the same drug, the latter just has poorer bioavailability. As I mentioned I've taken a dose to match that, much higher actually as far as I'm aware. A conversion I'm reading online says 75mg preg is like 200mg Gabapentin. I take 600mg a day but often take 900mg lately because I'm a stressed-out mess. I stopped for a few days recently just so I could take more last night and see if it helped, and reduce tolerance, took 1g last night I think.

When it pops up how long does it last? I think temporary tinnitus episodes aren't something that need to be medicated necessarily, but I don't know if your tinnitus is related to concerts or other loud noises.

When it pops up how long does it last? I think temporary tinnitus episodes aren't something that need to be medicated necessarily, but I don't know if your tinnitus is related to concerts or other loud noises.
I'm pretty sure it's related to inherent genetic issues. I was born with a deviated septum and it's caused a whole slew of sinus problems throughout my life, and seeing as how the sinuses are so interconnected with the ear canals I figure it's a pretty simple cause-and-effect.

Thing is, it's not terribly troublesome. When it hits it'll typically be for 5-20min, lasting no longer than an hour. The only part that I actively hate is the initial onset, where it feels like a string of sound is being pulled from my ear. Once the whine/ring sets in it's really just a matter of tuning out the noise for a little bit, but there's no actual discomfort outside of that initial feeling.

I have 40%hearing in my left ear and tinnitus from yeara as a touring musician/dj/stagehand amd in my experience massive doses of thc helped greatly

And heroin

But dont do heroin. Thats a net loss, my guy

Also wear ear plugs you fucking idiot - me to everyone reading this who goes to live music events/festivals/is a performer/os around loud noise

Honestly concerts with earplugs sound better

I saw Breaking Benjamin and Papa Roach last year with earplugs, none of my friends had them in. I didn't use ear plugs are a local concert in July but it was way quieter. It was still very loud though and I was right near the speaker. I expected tinnitus when I got home and there was none. I'd consumed lots of THC too. It seems a common unfortunate side effect of THC is worsened tinnitus. If yours is acoustic, maybe it just helps you forget about it, or maybe it really does help for a little while. Given I probably have fluid in my ears it's doing something to make it worse when I'm high.

You are being taken for one hell of a ride by the medical system mate. Sorry to hear all this. I can't give much advice here besides - trust doctors less. Be skeptical of any drug or procedure offered. Research how this effected other people etc.

In my experience, doctors are pretty shit and if you let them, they'll take the absolute piss and just 'try' random bullshit without putting much thought into it. Remember that doctors are regular people, and being a doctor is just a job. Just like some people will put the absolute minimum amount of effort into their work, some doctors do this too. In fact, I think most doctors do this.

Yeah so my audiology appointment did not go well... My results were perfect, simply because the tinnitus happened to quiet down at that moment. If I took the test now, that would not be the case. There's no fluid, the eardrums move, there's no holes.

I purposely vaped more the night before the procedure because I WANTED to make it worse so that something like this wouldn't happen. Ever since then, both my ears are ringing the worst they ever have. The left never actually rang like the right, now it does. So I'm at a loss. I can't use a substance that keeps me alive.

When I expressed being really depressed about it and the results, he suggested I speak with a therapist. In reality, they put me on fucking suicide watch and I was in the waiting room for TWELVE HOURS before someone saw me. One guy actually shoved me to the ground when I simply went up to ask why it was taking so long. It was like prison. I couldn't use the bathroom without someone following me, I couldn't use the phone, there was no food except for cold disgusting sandwiches.

My mental health is literally 100x worse after this traumatic horrible experience there. Naturally they kept me overnight. I lied through my teeth to get the fuck out of there this morning. I didn't even say anything about feeling suicidal, yet that's why they kept me there. I saw the paperwork this morning: "suicidal ideation." I literally just said I was depressed. I only agreed to talk with someone because the audiologist would not shut up about it and said I'd be in and out in an hour. Biggest fucking lie ever told.

Life sucks, man. It sucks hard.

Last night was odd. I had a small rip of Northern Lights, not enough to get that high, and it still spiked. That's when I decided to hit some White Fire OG, and the spike didn't get worse. I was so calm. Nothing works this well. I was on Valium for months and months simply because THC exacerbated my sinus headaches. Valium is boring, and it doesn't even work 1/100th as well for my mood or anxiety. Even Xanax which I've tried once or twice, while it felt nice, it just was boring to me. I like mind altering drugs, entheogens and such.

I knew a spike was to happen but the stress of that whole experience made it essential to calm the fuck down. I needed it. So, baked as hell, I go over to my guitar and fiddle around with it for a bit. Then suddenly after I stopped, I realized, the tinnitus had gone back down, way down. This is the first time this has happened so far. The spike in general was not that bad. It was like, 75% less worse than how it was earlier in the day or the prior day, not much. Sometimes it's as if it turns into static in both ears and sort of equals itself out in a way that makes it worse and better at the same time.

So it really leaves me questioning if THC even has anything to do with this. It might, it might not. My worst spike the morning of my hearing test very likely could've been related to consuming too much that night, my left ear has been ringing ever since, but it's not as bad. I've already had an on and off whine coming from that ear for awhile, so it would've likely reached this point anyway. But my GP said that after the hole in my eardrum closed I'd likely experience some ringing. Maybe it's that, I don't really know. I think he just pulled that out his ass. I mean I couldn't have any at the hospital, and it was awful the entire day there and by the time I got home, so 36 hours without any THC and it was constantly bad.

This morning my right ear was loud. I popped 2 Sudafed and it got a lot quieter. 1 more in the afternoon and my right ear hadn't been that quiet since July. It gradually crept up to full volume on its own, which was horribly frustrating. I got home and just freaked. It plays with my emotions so much and I feel like a manic depressive over it. Quiet, mood improves, optimism, sudden extreme spike, loss of hope, anger, fits of rage. I noticed my left ear still rang some, which for the first time was worse than the right. But it doesn't "hiss" as much. It still does, just less.

I believe there are "layers" of the tinnitus, and the squealing noise was gone completely in the right ear. I do have a bad habit of pushing my tragus to see how loud it is internally and I'm sure this doesn't help. It grew silent suddenly after the spike when I got home, then I pushed on it and it got loud again. I could very well be making it worse by frequently doing this. But given nothing is wrong with my ear itself I don't know. Simply putting on headphones has done this before too.

It was on the ride to CVS last night that my right ear started getting slightly quieter. I picked up my Gabapentin script. Apparently this is good for tinnitus, but I'd staggered high amounts on some nights and noticed no improvement really. It improved more after I took a walk and practiced some singing. After a golf course closes up the road from my house, I trespass my way there (I can't be seen because of all the trees) and I sing for fun or for practice. Later on I showered, it was loud again, then I just sat back in my bed lying down listening to music, in a posture that was able to induce ringing even when it was silent, it was just temporary. I didn't notice it getting worse there.

So whether or not this is getting better or not, I have no idea. It is so amazingly inconsistent. I quit Prozac (bridging off from Cymbalta) in late July and it almost seemed like quitting is what made it worse, but this is a drug that CAUSES tinnitus in most people, yet it can help for others. Just like Gabapentin. They're both "ototoxic" but then again, fucking 95% of medications are. I was taking a lot of Ibuprofen in June/July and my doc suggested maybe that was worsening it. Nope, nothing changed when I quit taking it. So I'm trying to go back on Prozac just to see if it helps, for maybe a week or two. It was hard getting off of it, but I did this knowing that SSRIs/SNRIs do absolutely nothing for me. I only take a TCA at the moment and recently upped to twice a day. No anti-depressants do. Just THC or microdoses of shrooms. DMT is also a good factory reset button. I also just didn't want blunted psychedelic experiences.

At the moment I'm just not willing to stop using THC for a few days. I've cut back a lot regardless. I mean I already did skip a day due to the stay in the hospital and nothing changed. I'm visiting relatives in Nebraska in about 2 weeks and will have a chance to skip a day or two out there and then I can see what happens, assuming my ENTs don't find anything wrong.