• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

The Ugly Side of Acid

O, I apologize, that comment was not directed at you :)
I see now how it could be interpreted as being directed at you, I suck at conversations.
Haha, no problem dude. The fault lies at me, I misunderstood. :)
It was a generalisation of the opinion many people share about LSD.
That it is rather harmless, because it is harmless to themselves.
I totally agree. I've met so many people that claim that psychedelics are Gods gift, and they're harmless - bullshit. It's a dangerous mantra to regurgitate.
But as you said, some people are not compatible, people who are suffering from PSS for example, there are lots of other conditions that make LSD a dangerous tool to use.
We just should stay the fuck away from self-guided experiments with psychedelics, and I learned that the hard way.
I'm so with you on this one.

Haha, no problem dude. The fault lies at me, I misunderstood. :)

I totally agree. I've met so many people that claim that psychedelics are Gods gift, and they're harmless - bullshit. It's a dangerous mantra to regurgitate.

I'm so with you on this one.
I miss what others catch, and catch what others miss

No need to make me feel like I don't suck at conversations, but I cherish the effort.
I am fully aware of it, that is why I am training to be better in this forum :)

Such mantras are rather disturbing. I've seen enough people speak absolute nonsense even while sober to know that psychotrope substances are no toys.
It was more often than I could compute that these exact people spoke in highest regards of psychotropes. Talk about non sequitur

LSD has always been, and will always be my favourite substance <3
However, with that love also comes great respect.
I've always told people that psychedelics demand respect. Use them flippantly or without proper knowledge and they will bite you on the arse. HARD.

The guy that makes those videos is a piece of shit and is just trying to sensationalize these peoples lives. Both those guys seemed like they probably had issues long before the LSD.

-GC
I been watching his stuff and dont know what to think... most comments about it say that he brings attention to issues that nobody cares to acknowledge, also it's like therapy to some of the people interviewed and he has gotten help for a few of them whom agreed to it. But i cant tell his real motives behind all of that.

I been watching his stuff and dont know what to think... most comments about it say that he brings attention to issues that nobody cares to acknowledge, also it's like therapy to some of the people interviewed and he has gotten help for a few of them whom agreed to it. But i cant tell his real motives behind all of that.

Watch the video where he goes to check up on the inbred family, it’s disgusting how he treats them like a spectacle in my opinion. To him it’s all about sensationalism.

-GC

I haven't touched acid since January. A) I'm out B) it was a bad acid trip. I had about 15 tabs from October til January made into 20 trips. They were strong. But that last one, i dunno. Red Gel Tab. I could probably trip again now, but damn, it turns me off.

ive never had a bad trip, just rough patches....one time i had some bullshit going on and i kept thinking about it, so that sucked, but i should've known better - but what's good is that i learned from that, so i think that's why it hasn't happened again

i love it but i can get bored with acid sometimes - that's my only complaint - so i can't do it as often as i'd like

:)

Heard stories of horror trips from friends who won't go near it ever again. I think I reached that point myself

I won't touch it I get feelings impending doom, thought loops, anxiety, bad memory's from the past and no visuals, I had to be taken to the emergency tent at a festival because my first time someone gave me acid then the music stopped as festival was over like 10 minutes after I arrived I thought it was an all nighter, and I had no tent, nothing, lost my passport and everything, tried to sleep on my coat in wet mud at the front of the empty open air stage that's when it kicked in and it was not fun it was harsh, I expected pretty visuals not just mind fuck!

As soon as it got light enough for the security to see me he sent me to medical tent, years after that the second time I thought the set and ex bloke would make me have a good trip but no, it was almost as bad and the next time I had acid on sugar cubes it done fuck all

Next time I took took an acid tab I ate benzos to see if it too anxiety away but as you know it dulls of kills the trip so I was giggly but no visuals

Next time I took acid 200ug and it done nothing, twice so I give up lol

Nobody with any real brains and living in the real world thinks LSD is just pure goodness, no risks, negative effects, outcomes, casualties.
You would be surprised about how little most people know about drugs, the perception of drugs most people have is through the lens of the media they consume combined with their own conceptions' of what it would be like. so there are bound to be people who go into a trip who think it will be sunshine and rainbows and goodness cause either they don't know much about the drugs themselves and/or they had a heavenly experience with acid or some other drug.

My best friend had a bad trip turn into a 6+ month stay in hospital and a diagnosis of Schizophrenia. The Schizophrenia is hereditary btw but it was triggered by the "acid" that he took. (i say "acid" cause he didn't test that shit)

You would be surprised about how little most people know about drugs, the perception of drugs most people have is through the lens of the media they consume combined with their own conceptions' of what it would be like. so there are bound to be people who go into a trip who think it will be sunshine and rainbows and goodness cause either they don't know much about the drugs themselves and/or they had a heavenly experience with acid or some other drug.

My best friend had a bad trip turn into a 6+ month stay in hospital and a diagnosis of Schizophrenia. The Schizophrenia is hereditary btw but it was triggered by the "acid" that he took. (i say "acid" cause he didn't test that shit)

i know a couple people whose schizo was turned on by smoking weed....they were both hereditary also

I reckon it best not to evangelise or demonise any drugs to any individual. I particularly don’t like weed evangelists and psychadelic evangelists even though I personally love acid.

If people need to preach anything it should be that all drug experiences are highly subjective, come with risks, and will potentially result in long-term changes. Sometimes the changes might be positive, but you can’ predict that.

I won't touch it I get feelings impending doom, thought loops, anxiety, bad memory's from the past and no visuals, I had to be taken to the emergency tent at a festival because my first time someone gave me acid then the music stopped as festival was over like 10 minutes after I arrived I thought it was an all nighter, and I had no tent, nothing, lost my passport and everything, tried to sleep on my coat in wet mud at the front of the empty open air stage that's when it kicked in and it was not fun it was harsh, I expected pretty visuals not just mind fuck!

As soon as it got light enough for the security to see me he sent me to medical tent, years after that the second time I thought the set and ex bloke would make me have a good trip but no, it was almost as bad and the next time I had acid on sugar cubes it done fuck all

Next time I took took an acid tab I ate benzos to see if it too anxiety away but as you know it dulls of kills the trip so I was giggly but no visuals

Next time I took acid 200ug and it done nothing, twice so I give up lol
Set and setting right. Im feeling a little ill thinking of you tripping for the first time alone in the dark in some festy mud❤️. That’s no way to go about things Hippy Flowers.

Set and setting right. Im feeling a little ill thinking of you tripping for the first time alone in the dark in some festy mud❤️. That’s no way to go about things Hippy Flowers

I think because that happened the first time I ever took acid it has ruined acid for me as I remember it so I'm scared to take it which obviously ain't a good start to taking acid, and maybe my body and brain don't want me having it after what I went through

Thankyou for your kind words and understanding

that first dude couldn't even answer a question, looked more like a speed/meth user

the ugly side of acid is shit you will never see or hear about, if you can imagine it its probably happened already.

problem is misuse of an unpredictable, powerful substance by irresponsible, powerful people

Maybe a ghost is talking to that guy, you're calling it schizophrenia but by definition you don't know whats causing it.

taking psychs is like opening Pandora's box, it can go either way.

For me none of the trips I had were worth the expense to my mental health.

The people made it bad, not the drugs.

If I could go back in time & tell myself to not eat that piece of paper I'd do it

I'm probably metnally weaker & less physically capable than I would be had I never taken LSD.

They've been treating my schizophrenia for 11 years now. Something I don't have. The doctors just try to dumb me down with meds so they can control me.

It seems (schizophrenia) to be something doctors use to admit you into a psych unit when you most likely have an underlying trauma you're beginning to process unhealthily and the meds side effects just make you symptomatic of something, call it schizophrenia. Lazy approach to medicine.